Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea City (H) Pre Match Thread

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Do we think Mahrez will be in the right state of mind for this? I’ve heard he’s been listening to The Smiths on repeat on his IPod. 

Doubt it, even if he returns tomorrow, 1 day of training will probably not be enough

On 31/01/2018 at 22:23, lgfualol said:

Iheanacho needs to be number 9 or nothing imo.

I like that team SheppyFox, good call 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Kind of feels like a must win.

It is. Not because of our league position but because we need to put this debacle behind us as fast as possible. 

I bet Mahrez will play versus Man City in an effort to audition what he can do with Pep watching. I also bet he will literally pass to no one as tries to unsuccessfully take on the world and try to hard, with Man City fans afterwards not wanting to sign him. 

Just now, deep blue said:

Not a good idea - it would only serve to give Pep another opportunity to tap him up after the game.

What's that matter? He already wants to go, it's the agreement between the clubs that's the issue.

For Claude this game is the trickiest team selection he’s had since his arrival. None of us really know the behind the scenes shenanigans going on with Mahrez. For me, if he’s available he’s got to start, end of. 

I don’t see how you can start James ahead of Silva, the latter offers much more. Fuchs for Chilwell? Don’t know!

Good luck with this one Claude, anything less than a win against a bottom 3 side will be damaging for us. 

Kasper 

Chilwell - I can't believe people are still picking Fuchs even though Chilwell had a terrible game in midweek

Maguire

Dragovic - whether Morgan is fit or not he's playing well and it's a good partnership

Amartey - Can't believe we didn't buy a RB but amartey over simpson and let's pray.

Diabaté - love the effort and seems to have the skill

Ndidi - his passing may need improvement but we need his tackling and he's one of the best midfielders in the prem

Silva/ Iborra - depends who we are playing at 10. If silva plays 10 then Iborra if not we need Silva in the team.

Albrighton/Gray/Mahrez - Mahrez doesn't deserve to play and I don't think he will condescend to give Puel the option but if he does I don't mind him starting, otherwise I don't mind which one of Albrighton and Gray - Gray isn't playing great at the moment but on form he's better than Marc, If Marc is playing he needs to improve those crosses, high crosses to whoever plays up front for us are a no-no. High free kicks and corners to Mags, Drags, Ndids or Ibbs a must.

Silva/Okazaki/Iheanacho - Okazaki has been off the boil for a few weeks so I'd drop him but on form he is great with Vards. Silva could be the magic we need there and Nacho has shown such a beautiful goal scoring touch that it'd be good to keep his confidence rolling and give him a start.

Vardy - no question.

swansea are playing very well - this will be a fight but we have to win Home games and we have to get the Mahrez caused fiasco behind us.

If Puel’s smart about this he could really turn all of this into our favour. Ok we lost the Everton game but everything had just blown up so can’t hold that against him or the players really. Now he needs to crest a siege mentality within the squad and see who’s up for the fight.

One thing this ridiculous situation highlights is that without Mahrez and having sold half our strikers, we don't actually have many options wide and up front. Diabate has only just turned up, Gray isn't playing great at the moment. So our wide options are: Albrighton and errrrrr one of them.

We'd have more money if we'd let Mahrez go but we'd still have this problem. At least this way we will (I assume) eventually be able to play Mahrez again

• Like 1

Absolutely 100% sure we would win this 3 days ago.

I've gone from feeling before the Everton game that we were going to finish 7th, get to Wembley in the cup & go from strength to strength.

That shower of shite on Wednesday plus Riyad doing his best impression of a 7 year old throwing a strop has made me so negative. Swansea are on a roll. 0-1. 

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

Absolutely 100% sure we would win this 3 days ago.

I've gone from feeling before the Everton game that we were going to finish 7th, get to Wembley in the cup & go from strength to strength.

That shower of shite on Wednesday plus Riyad doing his best impression of a 7 year old throwing a strop has made me so negative. Swansea are on a roll. 0-1. 

Same