Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea City (H) Pre Match Thread

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I agree with this but in a 4-2-3-1 with kelechi in the space behind vardy.

could be that Iborra or James might be better cover than silva but I think it’s time he started a game. 

We’ve tried him there he’s doggo.

number 9 or nothing I reckon

• Like 1

kasper

amartey, maguire, drago, chilwell

silva, ndidi

gray, shinji, albrighton

vardy

the team that played on wednesday were awful but it's the same team who'd played well for a few games before (bar riyad, obviously). go again, tell them to forget that shit show and demolish a pretty awful team at home and everyone forgets everything that's happened in the past 3 days. 

diabate, thomas, iheanacho and whoever else as attacking options off the bench, just in case. 

This ist one of those Games of the season,we cant wait to Finish,hoping our lads can

Show,themselves,the Media,but more Importantly the Fans,that the Squad,is still

fully concentrated, and they can show they are Professional enough to put Mahrez

Out of their own calculations and Minds.

Lets forget this weeks shinannigons,its time for the team,the bench,and the Coachings

staff,to earn their keep,and they, despite a Swans resurgence, are fully present,and

haven't themselves gone Missing. No excuse !  I at least expect an highly competent performance

The players have to stand-up.Protect 'their' club's position on and off the pitch. 

Prove they have got what it Takes, cos fellas thats what is all about......

22 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

As a Cardiff Man I really hope we thrash them

However, Carvalhal has them playing as a Team again

With everything that's gone on with us this week, this really could be a train wreck for us.

Or, ( and I hoping ) the catalyst for the Team to show there is life after Mahrez.

Spot on. Very important that the we all get behind whoever Puel goes with. 

• Thanks 1

Schmeichel

Amartey/Simpson

Dragovic

Maguire

Fuchs/Chilwell (tougher choice here, Fuchs for defensive stabilty - but his legs are gone; or should Chilwell be "rewarded" for his sub-par performance against Everton?)

Albrighton

Ndidi

Silva

Gray

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Fuchs/Benalouane, Amartey/Simpson, Iborra, James, Diabaté, Iheanacho

6 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

One thought that has been bugging me for the last week is Demerai Gray and how to get the best out of him......

Has anyone thought how he's only really been effective on the right hand side (Everton home game, his best by some distance). As a 10 or on the left, he's so predictable.

Now's the time to try him there, with Albrighton on the left (again he's much better there).

Come on Claude, you know you want to know.

This

when he’s on the left he only has one move. Goes down the left, switches to right foot and shoots. Usually blocked or goes high and wide. Much better on the right where he can beat his man and pass or cross.

• Like 1

i would like to see us with a back 3. when we switched to 3 at the back against everton we looked good. i would give this a try

kasper

dragovic      maguire       fuchs

diabate        silva     iborra     albrighton

shinji 

iheanacho   vardy

24 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

This

when he’s on the left he only has one move. Goes down the left, switches to right foot and shoots. Usually blocked or goes high and wide. Much better on the right where he can beat his man and pass or cross.

did ok for england under 21's as a number 10 bit thats a different team!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rachhere said:

I could be making this up in my head, but I recall a pre-season match where they were linking up really well together, and I was thinking 'this looks promising'. Then Nacho got injured and ever since the apparent crisis of confidence... 

7 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep but it was only for about 15 mins.

At least between the two of you, you have convinced me it actually happened.

I just recall thinking he was shit and his sale must go against the trade descriptions act. I genuinely think that I normally give players longer than most, but him looking like he is coming good made me happily eat humble pie.

I'm now excited to see if it could work.

I remember quotes when he signed that he wanted to play as a number 10 but agree with the general consensus that he looks better as the main man, but not good enough to oust our main man.

One things for certain, if we could get both on form and in the same team, and diabate can show that his first game was not a one off, then Mahrez better hope the door don't hit him in the arse on his way out.

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

At least between the two of you, you have convinced me it actually happened.

I just recall thinking he was shit and his sale must go against the trade descriptions act. I genuinely think that I normally give players longer than most, but him looking like he is coming good made me happily eat humble pie.

I'm now excited to see if it could work.

I remember quotes when he signed that he wanted to play as a number 10 but agree with the general consensus that he looks better as the main man, but not good enough to oust our main man.

One things for certain, if we could get both on form and in the same team, and diabate can show that his first game was not a one off, then Mahrez better hope the door don't hit him in the arse on his way out.

I think it was against Borussia.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think it was against Borussia.

That explains why i cant recall it.

First "marquee" final friendly.i.didnt bother with having hated all the matches I've been to where they dont end up opening the whole ground. (May be wrong on this particular game but the line of thought still stands)

(Still ended up at the shit fleetwood home game though, just can't seem to say no enough)

26 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

That explains why i cant recall it.

First "marquee" final friendly.i.didnt bother with having hated all the matches I've been to where they dont end up opening the whole ground. (May be wrong on this particular game but the line of thought still stands)

(Still ended up at the shit fleetwood home game though, just can't seem to say no enough)

yes it was borussia and they looked good together. iheanacho could have gone for a glory goal on his albeit friendly debut but he squared the ball to vardy to score.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, char123 said:

i would like to see us with a back 3. when we switched to 3 at the back against everton we looked good. i would give this a try

kasper

dragovic      maguire       fuchs

diabate        silva     iborra     albrighton

shinji 

iheanacho   vardy

No N’Didi? 

Diabate and Albrighton as wing backs?

we would get slaughtered defensively with that team.

1 hour ago, Lcfcwigstonblue said:

No N’Didi? 

Diabate and Albrighton as wing backs?

we would get slaughtered defensively with that team.

Why when anybody quotes playing 3 at the back there’s an instant dismissal of the players out wide they don’t have to be wingbacks 

Edited by kyleolly

No Mahrez, but we should hopefully still be good enough to put these away. At home they would be a different proposition, but we need to get behind the lads properly today- no quiet air of expectancy, everyone needs to sing their hearts out and see it through. 

• Like 1