Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea City (H) Pre Match Thread

2 hours ago, Mint23 said:

Finally someone else who’s been watching the same Chilwell as me, this man cannot defend to save his life

Trouble is the other option is Fuchs, who cant defend anymore and would probably get outpaced by Huth these days.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Trouble is the other option is Fuchs, who cant defend anymore and would probably get outpaced by Huth these days.

Yep. Fuchs is not fit enough for a half, let alone 90 minutes. I only just fully appreciated this on Wednesday though people have been saying it for months

We need to start Chilwell or go back 3

So Chilwell it will be. Hopefully he'll start ironing those errors out more

15 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

A bit like chilwell the other night, had a shocker that lad.

He is not the first player to have shocker is he now??  He we not let us down too many times if we all get off his back.

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

He is not the first player to have shocker is he now??  He we not let us down too many times if we all get off his back.

I didn’t realise chilwell came on here a read the comments, I rate him but he’s still learning. I think he’s better when Fuchs is playing behind him.

There's a lot of doom and gloom right now and I think a little perspective is needed.

We weren't that bad overall on Wednesday. We bossed the game until they scored because of a defensive error. We then wrestled control of the game midway through the second half but it just wasn't enough. Iheanacho was so close to grabbing an equaliser.

My concern would be our reaction to going a goal behind because we were abysmal until part way through the second half. But, credit to Everton, that goal from their new signing galvanised both their players and their fans. Prior to them taking the lead, I don't think it would have been long before we'd have heard boos from the home support. They were a very different team after they scored (as were we) and they fully deserved the second goal.

For Swansea, I think we only need a few minor tweaks. As much as I love Shinji, I don't think he links the play enough. He runs and he tackles and he wins important free kicks. But, Vardy was so isolated at Everton. As the front 4, I'd go with:

Diabaté -- Gray -- Albrighton

Vardy

A more attacking three behind the striker was fluid and dangerous against Peterborough. I know they're League One, but I think that style would suit a home game against Swansea. I know they've improved massively but the way we play now could be too much for them if we can actually give more support to Vardy and get others into more dangerous areas.

Puel's evolution of this side will take time and there will be setbacks along the way, but I have faith he can turn us into a more consistent, good footballing side that can challenge in the upper reaches of the league.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I didn’t realise chilwell came on here a read the comments, I rate him but he’s still learning. I think he’s better when Fuchs is playing behind him.

Does he?  If he did, he might disappointed at some of the negative comments banded about on FT.

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Yep. Fuchs is not fit enough for a half, let alone 90 minutes. I only just fully appreciated this on Wednesday though people have been saying it for months

We need to start Chilwell or go back 3

So Chilwell it will be. Hopefully he'll start ironing those errors out more

You didn't see the peterborough game then?

I'm split between taking the risk of starting Diabate or leaving him on the bench. 

Part of me thinks being at home, it seems the perfect opportunity to unleash an unknown quantity and reap the benefits. The other part can see it being too soon and could've a detrimental effect on the team and player if it went wrong.

Without Mahrez, we need creativity from other parts. One of Silva or Iborra needs to start with Ndidi. Love James but against Swansea, at home, we need to break them down. 

This team, for the last few years has responded well to adversity. I expect the same today. 

Lets win this and shut the idiots up again please.

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Today reminds me of when an in-form Hull came here post Ranieri sacking. We were excellent first twenty five minutes of that and saw them off well. 

I saw two magpies this morning after a week of singular magpies, going for a LCFC win 

must have Silva on your shirt  

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Wonder if they have tried to use king as a mole, Swansea that is.

New club hoping to get a move, not sure loyalty would be with Leicester anymore after not making squads.

so he'd be the Mole King then!