Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Slimani to Newcastle on loan

21 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Yeah after three games played, a bad game where he was completely isolated and two where he was instrumental in the winning goals.

As fickle as some here.

You’re right he has overall had a decent impact so far there and one bad game apparently changes everything. I know a few Newcastle fans who have been impressed with him. All strikers rely on good service and Vardy has had games where he has had similar stats to the ones shown here and we always defend him for it. Slimani leaves us and he’s still a punchbag to lots of our fan base!

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Amazes me the number of Slimani apologists that exist...

So many excuses made on his behalf it's mad!

Excuses is one thing, facts is another. People are stating facts, you can have your opinion and think he hasn't quality, but facts are facts and you can't get around them.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What with Slimani, Musa and Mendy...wtf were we doing that summer?!

In hindsight it does look a shambles

But they were all excelling at decent European clubs at the time

And we couldnt even get Deeney to come to us. I think poor old Rudders gets a bit too much stick. Probably because he looks like such a Milhouse

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Apart from Mahrez, do you have any definite information on who's leaving?

No not at all, but it'll be a lot harder than some people think.

I've seen a lot on here talk about a big overhaul - there are a lot of players on very decent money - Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Okazaki, Benalouane aren't going to give up the money they've got here very easily and few other clubs will pay them what we do so I don't see this enormous overhaul that some are talking about on here.

Add to that James (who's got a contract till 2022 can you believe!) and Slimani (who we will be lucky to get rid of) that's 7 players it'll be hard to get rid of.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I've seen a lot on here talk about a big overhaul - there are a lot of players on very decent money - Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Okazaki, Benalouane aren't going to give up the money they've got here very easily and few other clubs will pay them what we do so I don't see this enormous overhaul that some are talking about on here.

I don't see any of them leaving this summer, apart from maybe Benny on loan. All 5 of those players have only one year left on their contracts. They'll either be released or get a one season extension next summer, depending on the quality of our bench at the time. 

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

No not at all, but it'll be a lot harder than some people think.

Add to that James (who's got a contract till 2022 can you believe!) and Slimani (who we will be lucky to get rid of) that's 7 players it'll be hard to get rid of.

Agreed though I think of Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs, Okazaki, James, Ihanacho as next years bench and B team performers in cup games. I’d be happy with that if we replaced all those positions with new blood (LWB RWB CH 10 and a Mahrez replacement.)

Slim will I think want to go anywhere but back to City and we’ll offload.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2018 at 08:58, MC Prussian said:

See to it that he gets a proper pre-season under his belt, assess his situation in the summer, then decide whether it's worth keeping him or sending him out on loan again or finding a suitable buyer's club.

I’ve seen enough of him to know he’s not going to cut it here. Surely you have too?