Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

Racism towards the Algerians is obviously unacceptable and anyone who has done that needs to have a word with themselves.

But the Algerians have to understand that coming on here as fans of Mahrez and criticising the club isn't going to go down very well, because it's a forum full of people who support the club, not Mahrez.

If you don't want people reacting to you in negative ways then don't sign up for a forum and make posts that are obviously going to antagonise the majority of posters.

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Don't know why it bothers you so much, after all, a lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

you sound like a hyaena - yorkie.

Anyway Mahrez is back. Hope he has a great game and a great end of the season.

Just now, Rogstanley said:

Racism towards the Algerians is obviously unacceptable and anyone who has done that needs to have a word with themselves.

But the Algerians have to understand that coming on here as fans of Mahrez and criticising the club isn't going to go down very well, because it's a forum full of people who support the club, not Mahrez.

If you don't want people reacting to you in negative ways then don't sign up for a forum and make posts that are obviously going to antagonise the majority of posters.

Maybe a spin-off forum called MahrezTalk would solve everything. Certainly got enough threads to get it started

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

It's in his avartar

I know. I quoted it somewhere else, he called me a hyaena, we joked about it and moved on. He's rightly proud of his Algerian players and therefore defends them strongly but he's actually a pretty good guy.

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I mean the racism you’re on about, where is it?

didn't save the tweets and it's a hassle to go back days looking fo tweets. but here are some tweets i saw a few days ago. (not all are necessarily racist)

kjj.PNG.cc0e651b35a02f6c45eeb32b62f6621a.PNG

lk.PNG.5585a9354527b099206341278d1123ae.PNG

5a7f09c282631_kl.PNG.e749adff7fbe88e7961a035023604ed1.PNG

ggg.PNG.d036b495d04a63b745dcbe05340baed5.PNG

Edited by the fox

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

I know. I quoted it somewhere else, he called me a hyaena, we joked about it and moved on. He's rightly proud of his Algerian players and therefore defends them strongly but he's actually a pretty good guy.

lol now look at my quote and profile pic

4 hours ago, the fox said:

You sure were very supportive of him when he was struggling, right? Of course not! Your hate for him started way before this transfer mess started

Cut the sh*t! You only want him to be loyal to you but you can't do the same for him. This shite gets on my nerves! of all people, you are one of the few that have no leg to stand on regarding mahrez.

This is true. But for pretty much all our players.

Everytime Chilwell has a bad game hoards of fans are willing him on to the transfer list. Yet when there were rumours he was concidering a move a couple of years back he was called disloyal and greedy.

Fan loyalty to players lasts as long as the player performs. Player loyalty to clubs lasts as long as there isn't a better suitor. And any fan giving absolute loyality is agreeing to shoulder a team which doesn't have the best players. And any player giving absolute loyality is agreeing to sacrifice their career prospects.

It's shit. But it ain't limited to Mahrez.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

People saying "Algerian fanboys" isn't racist.

They're fanboys who are Algerian because Mahrez plays for Algeria.

But i'm not saying "fanboy" is racist. people went too far with the insultes. i saw a lot worse comments than those tweets up top

5 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It doesn't seem racist to me. That Lookman chap who's buggered off to Leipzip? The English fans following his development could legitimately be called fanboys. But it all depends on intent. Racists are often camouflage their meaning to allow plausible deniability. "Oh, that's very exotic" could either mean that's exciting and interesting or dirty and foreign depending on how it's said and who said it. Oh Christ, I regret entering this thread now.

19 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Considering that it was similar antics by Mahrez at the end of the summer transfer window that kept him out of the Algerian national side, I am surprised to see so many Algerians supporting him. 

Losing twice to Zambia put them out of the World Cup. Zambia are not a bad side, but were Mahrez's antics destabilising? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It doesn't seem racist to me. That Lookman chap who's buggered off to Leipzip? The English fans following his development could legitimately be called fanboys. But it all depends on intent. Racists are often camouflage their meaning to allow plausible deniability. "Oh, that's very exotic" could either mean that's exciting and interesting or dirty and foreign depending on how it's said and who said it. Oh Christ, I regret entering this thread now.

it's like calling creepy rich people "eccentric". just a fancy perfume to cover the smell of shite.

plus, i never said that "fanboy" is racist. not at all.

4 hours ago, the fox said:

You sure were very supportive of him when he was struggling, right? Of course not! Your hate for him started way before this transfer mess started

Cut the sh*t! You only want him to be loyal to you but you can't do the same for him. This shite gets on my nerves! of all people, you are one of the few that have no leg to stand on regarding mahrez.

All the this

When Mahrez wasn't playing as great as he could be, fans slated him.

Why should Mahrez show the loyalty that many fans don't show themselves.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Considering that it was similar antics by Mahrez at the end of the summer transfer window that kept him out of the Algerian national side, I am surprised to see so many Algerians supporting him. 

Losing twice to Zambia put them out of the World Cup. Zambia are not a bad side, but were Mahrez's antics destabilising? 

Some were mad but while it hurts, you can't blame him for wanting his dream move. or maybe algerians are more fanboys than NT supporters. lol
the algerians way: it doesn't have to make sense in order for it to make sense. that's how you can go with life day by day lol

4 minutes ago, cc_star said:

All the this

When Mahrez wasn't playing as great as he could be, fans slated him.

Why should Mahrez show the loyalty that many fans don't show themselves.

While i 100% agree with this, him doing what he did isn't fair for the fans who stood by him through thick and thin. but unsurprisingly, after he told his side o the story they showed they were ready to put it aside for the good of the team