Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Apart from last night right?

Not sure you can deny that when our manager comes out with a face like thunder and says he will be punished...

Puel said on the record that he understands Riyad's wishes to move on to a bigger club, and that his doors are still open.

If Puel is going to take this personally, then he's the childish one to think that there is loyalty in football. 

Besides, like it or not, Mahrez is indispensable for the club, and Puel or thr club can't afford to punish him. If he wasn't indispensable, he would be at the Etihad right now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I sympathise with him to a degree and I have no problem with him having ambitions of playing for a giant club.

I do have issue with him handing a transfer request in right at the end of the window and then sulking when we don't accept an offer that is tens of millions below our evaluation. He is paid 100k per week and he should always act as a professional. 

Kante left because there was a release clause. Drinkwater left because Chelsea met our valuation. The owners will not stand in his way to leave, but the price is the price.  I'd like to own a Ferrari, but if I walked into a dealership and offered 50k when the price is 100k then I'd be leaving without one.

Do we know for a fact that he handed in a transfer request?

If he did do you not think it was because Man City made a late move?

The one thing I do agree with in all of this fiasco is that the Club will have to pay him more.

It isn't right to value him as a top player and not pay him the appropriate rate. If we value him at 90M then surely his salary has to be reflective of that figure and somewhere over 200k plus.

Maybe it's time Salaries where linked to valuation fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

The one thing I do agree with in all of this fiasco is that the Club will have to pay him more.

It isn't right to value him as a top player and not pay him the appropriate rate. If we value him at 90M then surely his salary has to be reflective of that figure and somewhere over 200k plus.

If that happened clubs outside the PL would be forced to sell players to the bigger clubs.

Who decides how much a player is worth?

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He downs tools and refuses to play? I'm with you. 

Until that point people need to stop believing the shit they read in the press.

Journalists have an interest in creating a story to sell to you. They have motive to create this shit so you'll click their websites and buy their rags. 

Rob Dorsett reports as much sensational crap as the rest of them, that's his career. 

Riyad has never behaved in any way other than completely professional. 

You do realise we had a match last night don't you. And that we were paying his wages for yesterday, to play football.for us.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When has a player ever been involved in an active deadline day move and been in the squad the same night? 

We had a 95m package put together and were willing to let him leave for an enormous profit if Man City met our valuation. 

Our owners aren't mugs, they know he's eventually going to go and just because some of our fans want him to rot in the reserves and leave on a free in two years out of spite, it doesn't mean Vichai is that stupid. 

He knows he's going to sell, we all know that, we're just waiting for our valuation to be met. 

We were never going to let him go for the price of 1/3 or even 1/2 Coutinho in the same window. 

Riyad and his agent might be playing the game, sure, but until we see evidence that he's going to stop playing I really don't understand the hate tbh. 

For the record, he downs tools against Swansea and I'll be the very first to retract this and get the pitch fork out. But Christ, give him the benefit of the doubt. 

This is a guy that spent the last deadline day in an airport hoping to go to Barcelona and still went on to give us the best form he can produce in the following months. 

No reason he can't do so again. 

If that's the case fine.

I wasn't basing it off press reports though I was basing it on our manager saying he wanted to fine him. 

Oh and also I know you'd retract this if he does down tools... wasn't attacking your post I just think there might be a bit more going on personally.

I still think we should have let him go a year and a half ago, and we 100% should have let him go in the summer. But this is the situation we're in so until someone meets his valuation he has to honour his contract. 

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

100k/week isn't peanuts, but when you see Sanchez's 600k/week salary

I'm not arguing that Mahrez is better than Sanchez, but the difference in the quality of the players isn't as big as 500k/week. If you want to keep him at least, then money talks. 

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Understand him wanting to go, but I hope he understands why he hasn't. We need to get him in form for the end of the season, and that's a big job for Puel and Appleton and a real test of their management.

But he 100% goes in the summer.

Absolutely definitely. He needs to understand he has a material value and its business, not personal. 

But if he does then so be it, we all crack on. 

Like I said, I'm not going to defend him if he DOES down tools. He has no right to have his contract just be terminated. 

But if he's conducting his business sensibly and ethically then he shouldn't be abused for that either. 

14 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I sympathise with him to a degree and I have no problem with him having ambitions of playing for a giant club.

I do have issue with him handing a transfer request in right at the end of the window and then sulking when we don't accept an offer that is tens of millions below our evaluation. He is paid 100k per week and he should always act as a professional. 

Kante left because there was a release clause. Drinkwater left because Chelsea met our valuation. The owners will not stand in his way to leave, but the price is the price.  I'd like to own a Ferrari, but if I walked into a dealership and offered 50k when the price is 100k then I'd be leaving without one.

This Finners!

Awful advice from his agent to throw a wobbly with one day to go. Like we'd let him go then.

It also says to me that he doesn't back his ability. Play well for another 4 months and he'd get his move and probably have a choice of clubs.

Not really sure how to feel about him atm.

He has every right to want to play for a team who will offer him regular shots at the title and regularly play in the Champions League which is what he clearly wants as well as massively increasing his wages, at the end of the day it is only fans who truly kiss the badge and mean it. he needs to stay professional and do what he is paid to do and at the moment he is paid to do it for the foxes so non of this 'Depressed' b*llS#i; that him and his close associates have been saying in the press. at some point he will get a great move for him and us fans will be sad to have to let go of such a great player. he should know Leicester City have every right to get the best price that the club value him at and not sell him so cheaply.

The fault goes to the guy that cropped Sane. That triggered all this shit. I don't blame Mahrez for wanting to go at all, it was just the timing. Like OP said, free Prem medal, but also a good chance in 3 other trophies. Mahrez is far to good for our level.

I welcome him back with open arms as I can't be doing with Gray and Albrighton. Mahrez is basically as good as those two put together. No team will fear Gray, Okazaki and Albrighton behind Vardy.

Come home Riyad. You can go in the Summer.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

This Finners!

Awful advice from his agent to throw a wobbly with one day to go. Like we'd let him go then.

It also says to me that he doesn't back his ability. Play well for another 4 months and he'd get his move and probably have a choice of clubs.

Not really sure how to feel about him atm.

Choice of clubs makes it sound like Man City are a bad option, though. 

Short of Barcelona making a bid for him to go and play with Messi, where else would you rather be in world football right now?

I have no problem with him wanting to leave. But I have a huge problem with the cuntish way he's going about it. He's showing no respect for our great club so why should I respect him. Sitting in airports skipping training mardy sulks because he don't get his own way.

But hey seems some on here are fine with that. So how would he piss some off. Murder your mum?

I would never dis his football ability but as a person he's a spoilt cvnt. Sooner he fvcks off the better. I had forgiven him for last summer but he can fvck right off now

Susan Wheelan stood firm excellant

I feel genuinely sorry for Mahrez

Man City’s timing was quite deliberate and the worst example of transfer window

The morons dissing him on this forum have Little right to criticise club or player fans??

It has given Puel a big headache but good luck to him

Mahrez has and still is our most creative player pretty much of all time

Commonsense and great support need to prevail

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

We are going to walk it if Sky ever do a competition to find the stupidest fans in football. I’m betting most of you have already attacked your Panini sticker album with Tippex to eradicate his memory, furiously scratching his name from every page of Fossils like teens indulging in a wanking marathon.

To be fair, Panini are still working their way through the requests for Mahrez and Vardy Arsenal stickers from over excited Gooners trying to get ahead of the curve. 

Mahrez is the most skilful and talented players I have seen in a City shirt and I was fortunate to watch Keith Weller as a kid, his agent who is a greedy so & so is pushing all the buttons and Mahrez is getting the flack. I hope he plays on Saturday and gets another hat trick against Swansea, at the end of the day he is our player until the end of the season and hopefully he will continue to be our star player and fire us into Europe and become an FA Cup winner with us as well....:thumbup:

Up the City... :scarf: