Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

46 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Grid girls dropped.

:nigel:

The feminists are delighted but the actual grid girls are fuming!

As for F1 I've fallen so, so heavily out of love with the sport in the last 5 years, more or less since it went to Sky. Too many pernicious changes and not a lot of actual competition or racing. I've been watch Formula E in protest, which is quite entertaining and fresh, for me. They used to do free practice days at Donnington Park which were decent days out. 

I sincerely hope Liberty turn F1 around.

• Like 2

Just read also that race start times will now be 10 minutes past the hour because some broadcasters only go on air on the hour as the race begins. Don't see how this will hurt anyone but dare say a few will be offended for the sake of being offended

European sessions and Brazil will all start an hour later. I thought this was just practice sessions but I think this means the race too. So 2pm starts UK time instead of the usual 1pm.

"Research has indicated that a wider TV audience is reachable later in the afternoons, especially in the summer months."

• Like 1

Looking forward to the car reveals in a few weeks time. With regards to the actual racing, I'm hoping Renault have got their act together with their engines, if they have then it could be a great season. 

Williams line up is dreadful, and I really wish Ferrari got rid of Kimi because as much as I like him he's just not good enough for a top 2 team.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

The feminists are delighted but the actual grid girls are fuming!

As for F1 I've fallen so, so heavily out of love with the sport in the last 5 years, more or less since it went to Sky. Too many pernicious changes and not a lot of actual competition or racing. I've been watch Formula E in protest, which is quite entertaining and fresh, for me. They used to do free practice days at Donnington Park which were decent days out. 

I sincerely hope Liberty turn F1 around.

This. Over the last few seasons they've made the cars sound rubbish with the hybrid engines and now look rubbish with the halo. I usually go to an overseas race but not bothering this season. 

Looking on the bright side, this years cars will be the fastest F1 cars of all time.

For anyone falling out of love with F1, get yourself to the Friday practice at Silverstone and sit at Becketts. Trust me, you won't regret it. 

• 3 weeks later...

This season is all about McClaren for me. I hope Alonso gets a win at some point.

Botas was a massive disappointment last season, far too happy being Lewis's lap dog. I miss the Rosberg rivalry and he certainly  proved Hamilton can be vulnerable.

I can't stand Vettel or Hamilton, Botas just doesn't do anything so it's hard to get excited about this for me. I hope Alonso can stuck in but even though Renault will be a massive upgrade  on the Honda, realistically Mercedes are going to be streets a head again. 

Edited by Collymore

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Anyone watched grand prix driver on prime? It's an interesting insight to the off season, a little dull though. Think I'd have rather seen the inner workings at McLaren during the season lol

Yeah, it was alright, massive shame that it was only preseason. Couldn't believe how bad the partnership was with Honda though

I'm feeling really optimistic for Red Bull, they've got my favourite driver line up by a mile, Ricciardo was quickest in testing yesterday although that probably doesn't mean a great deal.