Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

Come on, as if Haas would’ve thrown a 4th and 5th place regardless of any potential interference from Ferrari!! You saw how genuinely gutted the Haas mechanics felt. That was raw pain. And even if they were somehow instructed to bring out a VSC, why would they have had to bring both of their cars to a stop? 

15 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Australia is a shite circuit tbf

Its a crap circuit ...   second hardest to overtake after Monaco ..  they have an excuse as its an interesting street circuit and has a specialness all of its own ...   whats Melbournes excuse ??     

A report of the race makes dismal reading ...   the race was lost because of a 'computer error'  (ffs !) ...   and Hamilton had to throttle back towards the end to save his engine/gearbox for the next 7 races ...     what a load of sh1te !!!!     They should not be able to use the word RACE under trades description !!

It was definitely lucky but come on, some of you are embarrassing yourselves. 

Come on Hamilton has dominated for four ****ing years, it's good to see someone else win sometimes even if it is a bit lucky.

I swear some of you genuinely want Hamilton to take 21 poles, 21 wins, 21 fastest laps and ruin Formula 1 as a spectacle as a result. I'm a Ferrari fan of course but I always want the championship fight to be interesting, and it's become just a little bit more interesting after yesterday's race.

Don't worry, based on the performance difference it's going to be an EASY championship for Hamilton and Mercedes. EASY. Ferrari will make a heroic effort but not have enough and Red Bull will come 3rd sometimes. So don't worry.

Sure it wasn't quite the same but Hamilton benefited from the VSC last season, I don't see the same essay from Walkers and crying from so many of you after that one?

If you genuinely believe that Haas threw away what would have been their greatest ever team result because it would give Vettel an extra 7 points in a 21-race championship hahahahaha I don't even know what that makes you.

Anyway, a bit of a disappointing race overall but it wasn't the most exciting last year either. Hopefully Bahrain will have a little more going for it.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2018 at 17:16, Legend_in_blue said:

Ferraris season to lose after seeing that.  

Not only do they have Ferrari International Aid in their corner, they also possess the wild card.  Haas will throw races left, right and centre in their favour.

I'm all for making it more balanced in terms of competitiveness but today's result was manufactured.

"Ferrari International Aid". Get a grip of yourself, man.

Do you have any idea how many times rules were brought in during the 00s with the principle aim of stopping Ferrari's domination?

What's being done now to the same effect as Mercedes are easing to every championship?

This just seems like a "waaaahhh Lewis didn't win for once so I'm gonna cry" post. But still, he's probably going to take at least 2/3 of the race wins this season so there'll be a lot of easy wins where he's turned the engine down on lap 5 for you to enjoy ;) 

39 minutes ago, Asha said:

It was definitely lucky but come on, some of you are embarrassing yourselves. 

Come on Hamilton has dominated for four ****ing years, it's good to see someone else win sometimes even if it is a bit lucky.

I swear some of you genuinely want Hamilton to take 21 poles, 21 wins, 21 fastest laps and ruin Formula 1 as a spectacle as a result. I'm a Ferrari fan of course but I always want the championship fight to be interesting, and it's become just a little bit more interesting after yesterday's race.

Don't worry, based on the performance difference it's going to be an EASY championship for Hamilton and Mercedes. EASY. Ferrari will make a heroic effort but not have enough and Red Bull will come 3rd sometimes. So don't worry.

Sure it wasn't quite the same but Hamilton benefited from the VSC last season, I don't see the same essay from Walkers and crying from so many of you after that one?

If you genuinely believe that Haas threw away what would have been their greatest ever team result because it would give Vettel an extra 7 points in a 21-race championship hahahahaha I don't even know what that makes you.

Anyway, a bit of a disappointing race overall but it wasn't the most exciting last year either. Hopefully Bahrain will have a little more going for it.

Come on, last seasons championship would have been a lot tighter had Ferrari sorted their shit out at the back end of the calendar. That’s not Mercedes’ fault. Hamilton did his bit, Vettel didn’t, that doesn’t make it a boring championship because Mercedes won again, unless you’re a Ferrari fan. 

If Ferrari have sorted their reliability out and Vettel can compose himself when the pressure is on then this season will be close. 

@Legend_in_blue has had a mare though to be fair. 

On 25/03/2018 at 17:20, VinceNoir said:

Come on, as if Haas would’ve thrown a 4th and 5th place regardless of any potential interference from Ferrari!! You saw how genuinely gutted the Haas mechanics felt. That was raw pain. And even if they were somehow instructed to bring out a VSC, why would they have had to bring both of their cars to a stop? 

They had issues with the wheel gun, which is kind of ironic

lol I remember that kid being as biased as any of us back in the day. As I said what happened at Spain and yesterday is not comparible in the slightest. Nice to see someone else win lollol like the guy that had 2nd most race wins last season and dominated in the era before. I don't recall you moaning when it wasn't close in the early 2000s blablabla.

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

-Bring back refuelling 

-Bin all tyre rules and bring back different tyre manufacturers 

-Bin all engine and gearbox usage rules

There you go, I've sorted F1. 

And you'll still end up with a dominant car but even more so. The cars are very close to each other at the moment, unlike the 90's when Williams would lap everyone except their team mate when the rules were a lot more open.

On 30/03/2018 at 15:20, The Bear said:

If you bin the engine and gearbox rules then you just open up the gap between the top teams and the rest even more. Maybe even consign some of the back marker teams to going bust. 

So be it. A lot of the back markers do nothing but get in the way anyway. 

I think F1 should be the arena where you do what ever it takes to get a car around the track in the quickest time possible, if that means using rockets, then so be it.

I'd love to see a completely unrestricted development programme where teams could do what the hell they liked. You never know, maybe some of the smaller teams might stumble across something genius one season that the bigger ones miss out on.

On 25/03/2018 at 09:16, Legend_in_blue said:

Ferraris season to lose after seeing that.  

Not only do they have Ferrari International Aid in their corner, they also possess the wild card.  Haas will throw races left, right and centre in their favour.

I'm all for making it more balanced in terms of competitiveness but today's result was manufactured.

I still can’t believe you actually think this is true. It’s a ridiculous statement. In fact, every single word you have written there is complete horse shit. 

Unless you were trolling? In which case, Bravo ? 

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

I agree that it's definitely got less interesting over the last few years, but as a McLaren fan I'm genuinely excited for this season, finally a chance for us to be more competitive :)

@Walkers I'll also be in Vale, if you haven't sat there before it's a great view imo :cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I agree that it's definitely got less interesting over the last few years, but as a McLaren fan I'm genuinely excited for this season, finally a chance for us to be more competitive :)

@Walkers I'll also be in Vale, if you haven't sat there before it's a great view imo :cool:

I haven't been for the F1 but yeah I imagine it is, you can see the exit of Stowe and the last couple of corners can't you? Given how late we got tickets i'm surprised they were still available