Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

I haven't been for the F1 but yeah I imagine it is, you can see the exit of Stowe and the last couple of corners can't you? Given how late we got tickets i'm surprised they were still available

Yes you see them coming out of the long straight round Stowe, through the chicane and then round Club Corner towards the start and finish line. You can see straight over to the entrance to the pits, too. 

You can sit in other grandstands with your tickets for qualifying so that's good for trying other views, but tbh the last couple of years we've stayed down there because it's such a good view

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes you see them coming out of the long straight round Stowe, through the chicane and then round Club Corner towards the start and finish line. You can see straight over to the entrance to the pits, too. 

You can sit in other grandstands with your tickets for qualifying so that's good for trying other views, but tbh the last couple of years we've stayed down there because it's such a good view

Not protected from rain though are you? lol I'm there for the four days so intend on getting around the whole track at some point

30 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Not protected from rain though are you? lol I'm there for the four days so intend on getting around the whole track at some point

No you'll need an umbrella if it rains, although hopefully, if the last few years are anything to go by, you'll need suncream instead ☺️ I think it was 2 years ago, on the TV it showed loads of rain, but at that end of the track it was dry, there's about a mile between the two ends! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

No you'll need an umbrella if it rains, although hopefully, if the last few years are anything to go by, you'll need suncream instead ☺️ I think it was 2 years ago, on the TV it showed loads of rain, but at that end of the track it was dry, there's about a mile between the two ends! 

Im jealous of you pair!!!

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Stupid from max gave had lots of room but turns into Lewis, deserves what he gets there 

I don't watch F1 nearly as much as I used to but every time I do, this guy always does something stupid, amateurish and reckless.

He reminds me of Kobayashi. 

Edited by Danizen

2 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Replay is horrendous it’s the rest left/left wheel fixer stood direct in front of wheel , that will be a bad break for sure 

not the first time either for this team 

Yeah just watched it back again, you can see the leg break!:o

• Sad 1

Just now, NorthfieldsFox said:

I think Vettle will hang on , he isn’t coming in and Bottas is shittas , Hamilton needed Bottas to Close the german down and put pressure on him 

Bottas is a safe driver. Very rarely eeks that extra bit out the car. Expect him to finish every race unless he gets a mechanical failure but he rarely get into trouble because he rarely races.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Bottas is a safe driver. Very rarely eeks that extra bit out the car. Expect him to finish every race unless he gets a mechanical failure but he rarely get into trouble because he rarely races.

100% agree , not what Hamilton needs right now 

That drive will cost bottas his place in the team next season. Just not good enough. The strategy was spot on but the driver wasn’t up to it 

mercedes weren’t sure about him anyway and now they definitely know 

vettel drove very well on those tyres but bottas never got close enough to put him under real pressure where he had to push the tyres that bit too far.

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

That drive will cost bottas his place in the team next season. Just not good enough. The strategy was spot on but the driver wasn’t up to it 

mercedes weren’t sure about him anyway and now they definitely know 

He's the perfect driver if he's behind Hamilton protecting him, useless if you expecting him to lead the fight. Coupled with last week and ****ing up qualifying it's not exactly instilling confidence is it.