Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's the perfect driver if he's behind Hamilton protecting him, useless if you expecting him to lead the fight. Coupled with last week and ****ing up qualifying it's not exactly instilling confidence is it.

As said above he is gone end of season 

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's the perfect driver if he's behind Hamilton protecting him, useless if you expecting him to lead the fight. Coupled with last week and ****ing up qualifying it's not exactly instilling confidence is it.

The only excuse he could have is that when within a second of vettel the dirty air took away his tyre performance advantage. Didn’t look like it to me - that lock up two laps from Home was just poor driving under real pressure. 

• Like 1

:D Haha-ha! That was a close one! A really interesting strategic battle there, how did Vettel manage to make that work!?!? Genius. Bottas should have done more, the win was there. Either way, the Mercedes pace on the medium was frightening.

Shame about the Kimi situation. Obvious flaw with the light system if it can go that badly wrong. Would have been interesting to see how it would have played out if he was still in the race, holding off Hamilton at the end probably.

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

4th for Alonso :) I'd almost forgotten what a decent result for McLaren feels like, long may it continue 

?

Verstappen obviously has a lot of talent but he seems to completely shit the bed every time he tries an overtake.

Horrible weekend for Red Bull. A lot of rumours that Ricciardo is heading to Ferrari next year and you can't blame him given Red Bull's reliability in the last year or so.

2 minutes ago, Asha said:

:D Haha-ha! That was a close one! A really interesting strategic battle there, how did Vettel manage to make that work!?!? Genius. Bottas should have done more, the win was there. Either way, the Mercedes pace on the medium was frightening.

Shame about the Kimi situation. Obvious flaw with the light system if it can go that badly wrong. Would have been interesting to see how it would have played out if he was still in the race, holding off Hamilton at the end probably.

?

Yeah hit the wrong number on my screen! Nobody else impressed with 7th for a McLaren then? Maybe I'm easily pleased.  And used to DNF's :whistle:

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Yeah hit the wrong number on my screen! Nobody else impressed with 7th for a McLaren then? Maybe I'm easily pleased.  And used to DNF's :whistle:

Better than last season obviously but for the Red Bull & Ferrari errors he would barely have been in the points.

Great result for the GP2 engine!

• Haha 1

No intention of trolling this thread -- but if what has just occurred in Moto GP ever happened in "Snormula 1" it'd be talked about incessantly for the ensuing two decades.  

Motorcycle racing is so marginalised in the UK. 

I switched it off after the chequered flag, but just read that Hamilton was heard calling Verstappen a "dickhead" in the cool down room after.

Good. Verstappen IS a dickhead in overtaking moves. Always trying to be too aggressive and taking too many risks.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I switched it off after the chequered flag, but just read that Hamilton was heard calling Verstappen a "dickhead" in the cool down room after.

Good. Verstappen IS a dickhead in overtaking moves. Always trying to be too aggressive and taking too many risks.

Yep ...  but dickheads like him do make it a bit more interesting Ted ...    :)

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Heard that Vettel hired a private jet for the mechanic to get back home as quick as possible. 

Proper champion, that. 

Nice gesture. Makes Kimi look like a right twat though. I know it wasn't his fault, but he was involved and seems to have not made a gesture like that.

22 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Nice gesture. Makes Kimi look like a right twat though. I know it wasn't his fault, but he was involved and seems to have not made a gesture like that.

He's not exactly going to brag about it if he did, is he?

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Hope you gifted him a nice basket of fruit or summat when you went to visit him CF. 

:D ...   saw him in the Telegraph sports section I’m afraid  ...     but if Vettel wants to fly me out there to see him I will defo take a nice fruity basket ...    and some of my just finished home made cherry brandy ...   he won’t need any painkillers after that ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1