Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

2 hours ago, Amin said:

He's not exactly going to brag about it if he did, is he?

Well clearly Vettel has. I'm not saying he is a twat or has been, just the story of his teammate doing something and nothing seen from Kimi's side might to some people, make him look like he doesn't give a **** 

30 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

You can get even money Vettel winning the championship 

it’s the best bet this year ! 

Lump on he will be 1-5 in two races time !

5000 to will 10000 recommended minimum stakes !  

Wasn't Vettel ahead for the first half of last year as well?

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Nothing wrong with that, he’s passed him and took the racing line 

If forcing another car off the track is acceptable then ramming others off the road should be allowed too. This whole racing line argument is utter bollocks, there was absolutely no way he was fully past him too.

really happy for Ricciardo, though. good driving from him even though the circumstances fell in to his hands. but you can tell the difference in quality between he and Max when one causes no incidents in overtaking and Verstappen involved in 2. 

Ricciardo looked quite emotional too. effort finally paying off for him no doubt.

25 minutes ago, Walkers said:

If forcing another car off the track is acceptable then ramming others off the road should be allowed too. This whole racing line argument is utter bollocks, there was absolutely no way he was fully past him too.

He doesn’t have to be fully past him though, he just has to be in front of him. Vettel should back off, or, as he did, go off track. Alonso didn’t make any deviation to the racing line to stop Vettel passing. He was in front, Vettel was hanging on for those last 5/6 laps. Sainz pussies out of an overtake at the final hairpin or it would have been even worse for him. 

9 minutes ago, stix said:

You don’t have to watch it you know. 

Yeah I was wrong today - MV made it interesting! I realise that I don’t have to watch it but I loved F1 for years - but I’ve got fed up of the processions and lack of overtaking and fuel saving. It was just that little bit more exciting when people used to catch fire in the pit lane and fuel strategies rather than purely pit stops contributed to the team element of the race rather than the dominant car winning week in and week out.

It was good today because there was competition and action - despite that being caused by safety cars rather than mechanical competition and it was a spectacle worth watching. Often though, in recent times the races are not as it’s done after the first corner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah I was wrong today - MV made it interesting! I realise that I don’t have to watch it but I loved F1 for years - but I’ve got fed up of the processions and lack of overtaking and fuel saving. It was just that little bit more exciting when people used to catch fire in the pit lane and fuel strategies rather than purely pit stops contributed to the team element of the race rather than the dominant car winning week in and week out.

It was good today because there was competition and action - despite that being caused by safety cars rather than mechanical competition and it was a spectacle worth watching. Often though, in recent times the races are not as it’s done after the first corner.

It wasn’t always wheel to wheel excitement back then either though. Every sport has its off days. I think it’s great that Mercedes are yet to win this season, I think they said it was 1 win in the previous 6 races. Surely that means other teams are catching them up, thus creating more competition. The teams can only work within the rules of the sport as far as race strategy goes, and the fewer ways to win a race there are the better surely? As that ultimately leaves one way? Racing. 

For me, this seasons first 3 gps have seen 2 good races and a pretty boring opener. But even that had its moments.