Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

6 hours ago, stix said:

He doesn’t have to be fully past him though, he just has to be in front of him. Vettel should back off, or, as he did, go off track. Alonso didn’t make any deviation to the racing line to stop Vettel passing. He was in front, Vettel was hanging on for those last 5/6 laps. Sainz pussies out of an overtake at the final hairpin or it would have been even worse for him. 

If there is any part of the car alongside, you have to leave at least a cars width. 

As Fernando said himself...

What a shitshow from Ferrari. Jock Clear needs the sack.

29 minutes ago, Amin said:

If there is any part of the car alongside, you have to leave at least a cars width.

I don’t see how that can be fair though. That automatically gives the car being overtaken an extra advantage, using Vettel & Alonso as an example, applying that rule would mean Fernando having to travel a further distance around turn 2, and coming away from the racing line, which was his as he was slightly in front of Vettel, therefore more than likely gifting Seb the position back. 

1 hour ago, stix said:

I don’t see how that can be fair though. That automatically gives the car being overtaken an extra advantage, using Vettel & Alonso as an example, applying that rule would mean Fernando having to travel a further distance around turn 2, and coming away from the racing line, which was his as he was slightly in front of Vettel, therefore more than likely gifting Seb the position back. 

It's fairer than pushing the other driver off the track. Vettel may have got back ahead at turn 2 but his run would've been compromised going into turn 3, giving Alonso a great chance into turn 4. It would've been an epic multi-corner battle with Alonso coming out on top but instead it was ended abruptly when Alonso shoved Vettel onto the grass.

These kind of moves are ruining racing in my opinion. I was delighted when Verstappen got a puncture for doing the same to Hamilton in the last race but unfortunately Alonso got away with that one.

• Like 2

Season over for Mercedes after seeing that.

Haas will throw races left, right and centre in Ferrari's favour and Toro Rosso will do the same for Red Bull.

I'm all for making it more balanced in terms of competitiveness but today's result was manufactured.

Red Bull were nowhere... the only chance of them doing anything was through a safety car. Suddenly the RED BULL B TEAM crash into each other leaving debris everywhere... and CARLOS SAINZ a Red Bull driver comes on the radio screaming for a safety car? And the two Red Bull cars just happen to be conveniently placed to jump straight into the pit lane?

That's up there with Singapore 2008 and all 231 of Ferrari's wins to be honest as a disgrace to the sport.

My driver of the day was LEWIS. 

/s

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Asha said:

Haas will throw races left, right and centre in Ferrari's favour and Toro Rosso will do the same for Red Bull.

I'm all for making it more balanced in terms of competitiveness but today's result was manufactured.

Red Bull were nowhere... the only chance of them doing anything was through a safety car. Suddenly the RED BULL B TEAM crash into each other leaving debris everywhere... and CARLOS SAINZ a Red Bull driver comes on the radio screaming for a safety car? And the two Red Bull cars just happen to be conveniently placed to jump straight into the pit lane?

That's up there with Singapore 2008 and all 231 of Ferrari's wins to be honest as a disgrace to the sport.

/s

I want Lewis to win as much as the next man but this is pure nonsense.

7 hours ago, Asha said:

/s

And the last 4 seasons haven't been. Mercedes spent 3 seasons developing an engine for the current hybrid era, and then when it went to 1.5l turbo cars, other engine manufacturers were only allowed limited development to periphery engine components. Now renault and ferrarri look like they're finally catching up, mercedes are starting to scratch their heads and Lewis is starting to moan about his car not being the fastest on the grid. Wouldn't surprise me if they quit the sport in a couple of seasons now their advantage is dwindling.

On 19/04/2018 at 17:04, The Horse's Mouth said:

Literally just need to look at the rear wing 

This.

It's like looking for the little yellow thing on top of Bottas's car. It's very easy to distinguish all cars when you know what to look for. 

I visited Circuit of The Americas for the inaugural MotoGP race there in 2013. It's amazing how Formula 1 can even turn something as close and engrossing as motorcycle racing into a yawn-fest.  Dreadful hard braking zones, stop-start ****anery, negative camber, decreasing radius turns - typical Tilke, ruined today's racing as it always does. Absolutely loath the place. 

Designing a new race circuit? - screw CAD  - simply find the blueprints to Monza, Phillip Island, Mugello, Hockenheim, or old Spa.