2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I visited Circuit of The Americas for the inaugural MotoGP race there in 2013. It's amazing how Formula 1 can even turn something as close and engrossing as motorcycle racing into a yawn-fest.  Dreadful hard braking zones, stop-start ****anery, negative camber, decreasing radius turns - typical Tilke, ruined today's racing as it always does. Absolutely loath the place. 

Designing a new race circuit? - screw CAD  - simply find the blueprints to Monza, Phillip Island, Mugello, Hockenheim, or old Spa. 

MotoGP should go back to Laguna Seca, it's a beast of a track

10 hours ago, iamafox said:

MotoGP should go back to Laguna Seca, it's a beast of a track

Having been there five times I absolutely agree - beautiful setting too and actually a real four wheel racing pedigree. 

I stopped watching F1 after the death of Senna. Not meaning to troll this thread, it frustrates me how venerated it is as the supposed pinnacle of motorsport in spite of how dull it has been for decades whilst motorcycle racing is so marginalised in this country. I also get frustrated by some of the dreadful car circuits we get sent to such as COTA. Although MotoGP went there first, it was designed for F1. 

COTA is my least favourite circuit on the F1 calendar. Aside form sector 1, it is a very dull layout. There's not much to look at either.

Sadly, the move from BBC to BT has killed my interest in MotoGP. I still follow the results at the top but I haven't watched a full race since they left the BBC. I used to watch every MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 race live.