Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I visited Circuit of The Americas for the inaugural MotoGP race there in 2013. It's amazing how Formula 1 can even turn something as close and engrossing as motorcycle racing into a yawn-fest.  Dreadful hard braking zones, stop-start ****anery, negative camber, decreasing radius turns - typical Tilke, ruined today's racing as it always does. Absolutely loath the place. 

Designing a new race circuit? - screw CAD  - simply find the blueprints to Monza, Phillip Island, Mugello, Hockenheim, or old Spa. 

MotoGP should go back to Laguna Seca, it's a beast of a track

10 hours ago, iamafox said:

MotoGP should go back to Laguna Seca, it's a beast of a track

Having been there five times I absolutely agree - beautiful setting too and actually a real four wheel racing pedigree. 

I stopped watching F1 after the death of Senna. Not meaning to troll this thread, it frustrates me how venerated it is as the supposed pinnacle of motorsport in spite of how dull it has been for decades whilst motorcycle racing is so marginalised in this country. I also get frustrated by some of the dreadful car circuits we get sent to such as COTA. Although MotoGP went there first, it was designed for F1. 

COTA is my least favourite circuit on the F1 calendar. Aside form sector 1, it is a very dull layout. There's not much to look at either.

Sadly, the move from BBC to BT has killed my interest in MotoGP. I still follow the results at the top but I haven't watched a full race since they left the BBC. I used to watch every MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 race live.  

On 4/18/2018 at 10:13, Walkers said:

DbDWj61WAAIKSCj.jpg:large

The big giveaway is the Martini rear wing. The Sauber also has white wishbones and a different nose.

They look fairly similar but theres enough difference to tell.

Back in 2000, the minardi and jordan were suspiciously similar at distance. The minardi was a luminous yellow though.

12 minutes ago, Walkers said:

How does everybody keep missing my long distance comparison? They are about as similar to each other as an F1 car can get.

Youd tell from the rear wing i think.

From THAT far away, lots of cars throughout the years would clash.

On 4/23/2018 at 11:58, Amin said:

COTA is my least favourite circuit on the F1 calendar. Aside form sector 1, it is a very dull layout. There's not much to look at either.

Sadly, the move from BBC to BT has killed my interest in MotoGP. I still follow the results at the top but I haven't watched a full race since they left the BBC. I used to watch every MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 race live.  

I think COTA is great personally, has good flow, passing opportunities, i like it.

Up there with Interlagos and Gilles Villeneuve as a couple of my favourites

9 hours ago, Donut said:

I think COTA is great personally, has good flow, passing opportunities, i like it.

Up there with Interlagos and Gilles Villeneuve as a couple of my favourites

I think I'm in the minority, a lot of people love COTA.

I love the other two circuits you mentioned.

He sorted his shit out in P2 though. Red Bull looking strong, even if it is just Practice. Ricciardo over half a second faster than the fastest time in P2 last year. 

I didnt watch P2, was Vettel struggling with an issue or doing runs on harder tyres? Way off the pace. I really want Raikkonen to become Ferrari’s priority this year. He’s got great pace in qualy so far this season. Just get the feeling Ferrari are ****ing him over again. 

I'd love sky to do a feature one week that doesn't involve Hamilton, Bottas, Vettel, Raikkonen, Ricciardo, Verstappen or Alonso, or Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. I know they drive the six fastest cars and the 7th is a double world champion, and they are the top three teams, but I don't need to see interviews and features about them every week. The occasional thing with some drivers and teams further down the grid would be more interesting.