Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Six Nations 2018

On 01/02/2018 at 17:33, Nalis said:

Six Nations is back this Saturday, dont care what the anti rugby crowd say, its a great time of the sporting year.

There's always at least 2 decent games each weekend and some of the matches will be difficult to predict as always.

Unfortunately, each team have been hit hard with injuries which probably means England, who have the best squad, will win the whole thing again.

Unfortunately !!!!. England...win again?....I B*****Y HOPE SO!

Edited by Gordon the Great
missed word

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

No chance we'll win this regardless of whether or not that's given but that's a terrible decision. 

When even big coke nose Lawrence thinks that's a Wales try you know you've been robbed. 

Snap...

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Dont even have a preference for who I want to win (just want to see a decent game more than anything else) but how on earth is that not a Welsh try?

What's actually the point of a tmo when you can watch pretty obvious grounding and he tells the ref he can't see anything? 

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What's actually the point of a tmo when you can watch pretty obvious grounding and he tells the ref he can't see anything? 

Yeah, looked pretty stone cold to me too.

Wales missing a trick by going for the corner consistently or forced to do so by circumstances, do you think?

One of those where you go corner a couple times and don't score and all of a sudden you realise you've basically thrown away the same amount of points you'd have scored anyway. 

I think we should be taking the points, don't see it being a very high scoring game despite the start. 

Could be wrong. Depends how Wales respond in defence. 

But we were kicking in to the wind first half. 

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

One of those where you go corner a couple times and don't score and all of a sudden you realise you've basically thrown away the same amount of points you'd have scored anyway. 

I think we should be taking the points, don't see it being a very high scoring game despite the start. 

Could be wrong. Depends how Wales respond in defence. 

But we were kicking in to the wind first half. 

If Wales had Halfpenny they'd be 19 - 12 up

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I like him,he’s a great player.

What I like about Brown is he's ludicrously simple. I mean that as a compliment, he's like a Jamie Vardy of rugby (even in that he's a massive chav you hate if he's not on your team) - don't **** about just run straight at them. 

Focuses on doing the basics very well and extremely directly. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Was officially a try. 

We basically win the six nations morally now. Fantastic. 

Nope ...   officially you lost ...    now come on build a bridge and get over it ...    you came second ...   you got less points than us ...    you are in fact ....     loooooooserssss !! .....   :)

10 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Bit harsh , he plays on the edge but he has been a serious player for us , we could do with someone like him at Tigers 

I dislike him but dont get me wrong I've said for years I'd love to have him as full back for Ireland as he's a great player. As Finnegen mentioned above he's the Vardy/ Diego Costa type that opposition dislike. 

As much of a **** as Rob Kearney is (on and off the pitch), he's nowhere near as good a full back as Brown nor as good at winding up opposing teams.

I'm an occasional rugby watcher, so don't know the rules in and out- what is the official line in terms of grounding these days? 

The Welsh lad obviously got to the ball first, but his fingers appeared to brush down the side of the ball more than down on top of it- I doubt there could have been much (if any) controlled downward pressure, but is it a case of getting anything on the ball without knocking it forward?

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm an occasional rugby watcher, so don't know the rules in and out- what is the official line in terms of grounding these days? 

The Welsh lad obviously got to the ball first, but his fingers appeared to brush down the side of the ball more than down on top of it- I doubt there could have been much (if any) controlled downward pressure, but is it a case of getting anything on the ball without knocking it forward?

Downward pressure.