Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Six Nations 2018

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Line-X said:

The Scots showing the pace and potential I mentioned at the start of this thread. England flustered. 

Thing is, I feared the Wales match was just a blip for them and it does look that way.  Scotland's backs have been exciting to watch since Autumn (bar the Wales game). Scotland arent great away from home at present but Murrayfield is fast becoming a fortress. All of this isnt helping England....

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

The Scots showing the pace and potential I mentioned at the start of this thread. England flustered. 

Scotland we're marvellous,no doubt.!!!  But Englands protection and Handling of the Ball,

Wasnt poor but pathetic.England could and should of turned it around in the 2nd half.

On top,and gave away as always,really stupid penalties. 

The forwards have to Take,the shame of 2nd class Handling,and really poor in the Maul.

Plus when attacking,No imagination in Ball movement,or tactics.Scotland were far

quicker in mind,and thought...England too ponderous,and it has to be Said gourmless!!

Why...!!!   These players have Months together,the Coaching staff isnt delivering,but 

even worse the Players failures in the basics,is where 

Northern hemisphere Teams Lack in game discipline.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Jones could be on his bike at this rate 

This would only be his third loss in almost three years (?) of being in charge, so I think that would be overly hasty.

Lack of discipline and a finicky ref and not challenging nearly well enough at the breakdown does hark back to the dark days of earlier in the decade, though.

• Like 1

I say it every year, but Buttler tossing as he sings each French name with a Gallic flourish is making this a worse viewing experience.

He doesn’t put on a Scottish accent to say Finn Russell or Stuart Hogg, does he?

The twonk.

And as I write, great pass inside and England score. lol

Afraid the English rugby team is replicating the soccer team in failing to live up to media hype and been found  wantIng when the pressure is on ....a bit like Spuds.....Ireland laid down a marker earlier (result was bit flattering as Scotland missed at least 3 clear try scoring opportunities) and the pressure has been too much for England.....Will England form a guard of honor for the champions next Saturday at Twickenham like Chelsea did for us in 2016 ?? ???

We did what we needed to do but as Kev mentioned above Scotland missed 3 chances ( the downside to high risk rugby I guess) so you never know how the game would have played out if Scotland didnt miss that try chance at 7-3 down. Might be biased but I thought it was a good game.

France v England was a disappointing watch for the neutral, England just looked flat in attack. Wife didnt mind watching it, nothing to do with Machenaud....

Based purely on home advantage though, I think England will do to us what we did to them last year.

Overall, its a bit of a weird feeling winning the championship with a game to go and will be stranger/anti climactic again if we dont win the Grand Slam.

On 11.3.2018 at 09:12, Nalis said:

We did what we needed to do but as Kev mentioned above Scotland missed 3 chances ( the downside to high risk rugby I guess) so you never know how the game would have played out if Scotland didnt miss that try chance at 7-3 down. Might be biased but I thought it was a good game.

France v England was a disappointing watch for the neutral, England just looked flat in attack. Wife didnt mind watching it, nothing to do with Machenaud....

Based purely on home advantage though, I think England will do to us what we did to them last year.

Overall, its a bit of a weird feeling winning the championship with a game to go and will be stranger/anti climactic again if we dont win the Grand Slam.

The Irish have been for most of the last 10years,the more consistent and entertaining,

Northern Hemisphere playing Nation.

England have really done well, but the Players have returned to old bad habits.

Penalties,and lack of flow in their play. Here one must question,Coaching staff and

Players intelligence on discipline,and simple basics.

I do Wonder If Ben Youngs injury,may of upset some of the character of Play.

I like Danny Care,and put no blame in his direction,but Youngs Tends to have

an influence on the backs movement,and Forwards discipline around the Maul.

The Scotts have Improved but now need that consistency,for 3-5 yrs

The French rebuilding and refinding themselves.

Italy are Just Not developing..I would Like to see a competition for that 6th Position.

Teams Like Georgia/Rumania/Spain etc,etc with Italy  could create a new 2or 4 yearly

competition to See who goes Forward,for that Covertted 6th Rating.

If any of those Teams prove themselves in the 6nations and have a Period of continually

finishing 3-5 positions,then they hold that 6th Team placing. Then the Others playing

for an occasional honourary 7th selection.

I wouldnt want any of the original top 5 be put Into  relegation Situation.

That 6th Position needs strengthening ,so It needs to be protected and earnt.

If it leads to an extra 7th or 8th Rating Position in a few years time then great.

Lets Face it,. It would need at least 10-15yrs,before we would get that far,but

the 6th place competition,would Help develope European-rugby.

Edited by fuchsntf