Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Thank you, Andy King.

38 minutes ago, Monk said:

Andy King is as much a legend for this club as Steve Walsh, easily. I remember him being one of the highlights of our season in League 1 which seems an age ago.

I'll be sad to see him go, just like I was sad to see Walsh go... but ultimately he's a professional footballer and needs games. He's not going to get them here in the current squad or anytime soon so it's for the best.

Good luck Andy sad to see you go, A true legend in my eyes 

watching kingy change all his social media pics from us winning the league to him playing for wales, man it's like when zayn left one direction and tried to forget it had ever happened all over again. end of an era. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Just imagine if Mahrez had the same attitude as him. Just doesn’t happen in the modern game.

Wish people would stop saying this. If King had the likes of Manchester City bidding for him then of course he'd leave.

As for "modern game", what's that? Le Tissier, Gerrard and Shearer all stayed loyal to the clubs they loved and rejected better clubs where they could/would have won more.

Edited by Fox92

16 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Wish people would stop saying this. If King had the likes of Manchester City bidding for him then of course he'd leave.

As for "modern game", what's that? Le Tissier, Gerrard and Shearer all stayed loyal to the clubs they loved and rejected better clubs where they could/would have won more.

There is a difference, Mahrez is throwing his toys out the pram... jonny Evans had big interest from Man City and has just got on with it. King would not have acted in the way Mahrez has 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

5 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

There is a difference, Mahrez is throwing his toys out the pram... jonny Evans had big interest from Man City and has just got on with it. King would not have acted in the way Mahrez has 

I'm not disagreeing I just think it's difficult to compare when one man has never been in the same situation.

On 02/02/2018 at 11:15, Monk said:

Andy King is as much a legend for this club as Steve Walsh, easily. I remember him being one of the highlights of our season in League 1 which seems an age ago.

I'll be sad to see him go, just like I was sad to see Walsh go... but ultimately he's a professional footballer and needs games. He's not going to get them here in the current squad or anytime soon so it's for the best.

I love Andy King as much as the next leicester fan. Probably more. You can not have witnessed walshies 10 years at the club like I have and think for one second that king can in any way compare to to it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I love Andy King as much as the next leicester fan. Probably more. You can not have witnessed walshies 10 years at the club like I have and think for one second that king can in any way compare to to it.

I started going in '93, so I missed the first few years. Walsh was and is a legend - but King achieved more, scored more goals and played only about 30 games fewer. Sure, he wasn't a captain but for many years he stood out as the clubs only constant in a revolving door of players and managers, scored crucial goals in each of the seasons we won leagues, and unlike Walsh didn't get sent off for punching an opponent every week. He's a legend in my eyes.

12 minutes ago, Monk said:

I started going in '93, so I missed the first few years. Walsh was and is a legend - but King achieved more, scored more goals and played only about 30 games fewer. Sure, he wasn't a captain but for many years he stood out as the clubs only constant in a revolving door of players and managers, scored crucial goals in each of the seasons we won leagues, and unlike Walsh didn't get sent off for punching an opponent every week. He's a legend in my eyes.

King was an important player for 6 years but then was more of a squad player during the success whilst walshie played and scored and was captain and talisman in numerous play off and leauge cup finals. 

King.was brilliant but you can't really compare him to Walshie in terms of apperances(how many of kings were off the bench?), On field leadership or just being a phisical embodiment of what the club stands for.

You can't compare king with any other player. He is a Leicester city legend no question. He may not have been the best player, but he has the top 3 league trophy's to his name, no other player did that with us. He always gave his all and scored some fantastic goals. 

I love Andy King and would love to see him back as Birch's replacement. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baker11 said:

Yesterday's display was not about King.

The planned King tribute was stopped by the club. 

Seriously?! Any reason given.... I had thought it was to do with Bochum alliance until that post about photos. Then the penny dropped but now you say not for him ?.  He deserves a testimonial if he goes or comes back.

3 hours ago, browniefox said:

You can't compare king with any other player. He is a Leicester city legend no question. He may not have been the best player, but he has the top 3 league trophy's to his name, no other player did that with us.

I'm also lead to believe that when he gets the ball, he scores a goal. I wonder whether Swansea were in appreciation of this when the deal was struck? 

10 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

Seriously?! Any reason given.... I had thought it was to do with Bochum alliance until that post about photos. Then the penny dropped but now you say not for him ?.  He deserves a testimonial if he goes or comes back.

Yeah the club refused the group permission to do a display for King, it was around the time of his 10 years of service mark.

Reason given was that thet the club 'didn't want to highlight one player from the others'.

Sad really.

Although King is a very likable guy, I've always thought he was just an average player who had a good season in Championship 8 years ago...

People may say King is a club legend, but that's only because of the amount of time he spend with us.

Probably wasn't good enoguh to join a better/bigger club.

Don't think he'll be remembered as one of our best players ever when it's all said and done.

Having said that, I still like King and I wish him all the best at Swansea.

• Like 1