Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Thank you, Andy King.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Doesnt feel right to me that hes been left out of the squad and told to find a new club. Feel he deserves a little more respect than that.

Agreed. So what you will about his ability but he’s been through it all with us and is an exemplary professional 

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Doesnt feel right to me that hes been left out of the squad and told to find a new club. Feel he deserves a little more respect than that.

Everything seems wrong to me the way Puel is managing our club.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Professional sport is a tough business, not much room for sentiment. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Professional sport is a tough business, not much room for sentiment. 

Terry managed to orchestrate being substituted in the 26th minute of his last game. 

Edit; nah that's not sentiment, he's just a w4nker

Edited by UniFox21

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What do you propose ?

we just keep him as an occasional match day squad player ?  Is that more respectful? 

Keep him involved because he's a really good bloke and then sell him when we get an offer?

Not pick a left back ahead of him?

Not pick a load of kids who won't be playing proffesional football in a few years ahead of him?

Reminds me of how Taylor got rid of Walsh.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I know what you mean but I'm not sure what else you'd do. Put King, Simpson et al in a team that doesn't suit them? Perhaps a more fitting send off would be good - have them do a lap of honour before they leave? Do something in the ground the commemorate their time and success?

• Like 1

Loyalty is not really valued at LCFC, no matter if you're a long-serving supporter of the club or a player servant like King.

The club sometimes forgets those who helped/contributed to the club from the lowest point in its history to its greatest ever achievement.

I have no problem with Claude revamping the squad - if he’s to be successful here he needs to. 

However, treating Kingy like that is very different to even treating Simpson like that - he is mr Leicester City. You can tell him to find a new club but still put him on the bench for some friendlies imo.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Keep him involved because he's a really good bloke and then sell him when we get an offer?

Not pick a left back ahead of him?

Not pick a load of kids who won't be playing proffesional football in a few years ahead of him?

Reminds me of how Taylor got rid of Walsh.

The kids can or may improve but  it’s been obvious that Andy King has reached his ceiling and isn’t going to improve . There are far too many average players at the club who are happy to be bit part players which doesn’t help any one . He will always be a club legend for his past exploits  but I believe honesty is the  best policy and tell people straight  so they know where they stand 

Edited by baldeagle

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

And Simpson - not official but it's extremely likely 

If true that’s worrying in my opinion. Simpson I can forgive, but to leave Andy King out with no fanfare wouldn’t sit right with me. 

King is someone we were watching play for our club 10 years ago on cold nights in league 1, has always served the club with impeccable character, and has won 3 league titles with us. He deserves better and it would worry me that our club hierarchy don’t see that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rn9013 said:

If true that’s worrying in my opinion. Simpson I can forgive, but to leave Andy King out with no fanfare wouldn’t sit right with me. 

King is someone we were watching play for our club 10 years ago on cold nights in league 1, has always served the club with impeccable character, and has won 3 league titles with us. He deserves better and it would worry me that our club hierarchy don’t see that. 

The club don't care IMO, still having the clappers tells me that.