Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Thank you, Andy King.

I’m quite surprised people are so upset about this, the bloke gets an absolute pasting on here whenever he even gets near the pitch let alone starts! 

Hypocritical to moan at this as “some way to treat a legend” when he gets slated on here every week anyway, that’s some way to treat a legend too. Not picking anybody out individually here, just as a collective from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Yeah, no. I'm not that sentimental.  

So we should do what? Keep him around in the match day squad and give him the odd start whilst he is collecting his handsome wage? We are not a charity club. King isn't contributing on the pitch and hasn't done for a while now. He is 5th or 6th choice. 

His time has come to move on. 

If the club management feel it is time for King to move on, then fair enough. Ability wise I think they’re probably right, although personally I still feel he has a place on the bench. 

However, if he is left out without any kind of fan fare or club gesture that would worry me because of Kings achievements with us over a decade of service. I think it’s often easy to forget how bad times were 10 years ago, so for King to achieve what he has done makes him the definition of a club legend. He also seems to genuinely love the club. It would be nice to give him some sort of send off at the very least. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lovejoy said:

Sentiment has got us nowhere over the past two years, time to say goodbye.

What like the Champions League quarter final, 2 domestic cup quarter finals and a top ten finish?

• Like 4

Just now, Tuna said:

What like the Champions League quarter final, 2 domestic cup quarter finals and a top ten finish?

Jobs for the boys mate, King hasn't been first choice in his position for five years. This is long overdue.

• Like 1

Reading these comments on kingy and how he shouldn't be treated like this with no source saying he has been told to leave. 

However if you go on the deadwood thread in the transfer section his name pops up everywhere. 

This forum wasn't like this a few years back that's for sure 

56 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Doesnt feel right to me that hes been left out of the squad and told to find a new club. Feel he deserves a little more respect than that.

I find it a bit baffling to be honest that two players the majority of fans have been saying we should move on for the past 18 months have all sudden become martyrs. 

If King didn’t know the score with the Swansea loan move, then he’s naive 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I find it a bit baffling to be honest that two players the majority of fans have been saying we should move on for the past 18 months have all sudden become martyrs. 

If King didn’t know the score with the Swansea loan move, then he’s naive 

Theres a way of moving people on....

Personally I agree that King shouldn’t be part of the squad as we should be a level above him now, however he should be treated with respect for the loyalty that he has shown to the club and the achievements he has gained. I’d love to see him given a role within the club but I think he still wants to play - if necessary let him leave on a free and chose the club he wishes, plenty would want his signature

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bert said:

Puel is seemingly trying to completely revamp the dressing room. Two senior pro’s in King and Simpson that will have a big standing in the dressing room are being frozen out. It doesn’t sit well with me at all how some of the players are being forced treated. Sentiment is obviously playing a part but doing stuff like this can cause more unrest. 

Yet we’ve hung on to those two players for far too long. In fact you’d speak to most City fans they wanted they moved out after we won the league. 

The squad needs reshaping and someone has to do it. There’s no forced about it if two weeks before the season starts, the manager informs of intentions and decides not to field them for friendlies. 

The end has had to start somewhere

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Theres a way of moving people on....

Well give us some insight then because to me, we have a situation where King gets loaned out for six months with a permanent deal all set up if staying up. Swansea don’t stay up. So King knows the score. He’s not in favour. 

Puel takes a look over the summer and thinks I want to go down this road. Two weeks before the PL deadline/four weeks before Championship/foreign deadline he’s informed/left out of final two friendlies. It’s hardly what Ranieri did to Ulloa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Doesnt feel right to me that hes been left out of the squad and told to find a new club. Feel he deserves a little more respect than that.

I agree but there's no room for sentiment in football. No point playing a player in pre season getting him up to fitness for another club. 

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yet we’ve hung on to those two players for far too long. In fact you’d speak to most City fans they wanted they moved out after we won the league. 

The squad needs reshaping and someone has to do it. There’s no forced about it if two weeks before the season starts, the manager informs of intentions and decides not to field them for friendlies. 

The end has had to start somewhere

I could understand or at least feel a bit better about it if they weren’t being hung out to dry, which is certainly how it seems. Just doesn’t sit well with me.

There’s not many people that will say that these players can/will offer us much more than they’ve given us, especially with the direction we are looking to head in. 

A little bit of respect and class to two of our immortals surely isn’t that hard to give. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I agree but there's no room for sentiment in football. No point playing a player in pre season getting him up to fitness for another club. 

Really? Ridiculously unprofessional to do that. Also doesn’t help with actually moving them on, clubs aren’t going to want to sign someone on big wages and a decent fee if they’re 2/3 weeks behind everyone else. 

All of this noise is based on what, exactly..?

Did those moaning also conveniently forget he went out on loan last season? I'm as sad to see him go as anyone but surely that was the point at which he will have realised his time here was probably up.

Edited by ajthefox

He’s been an awesome servant to the club these last 10 years.

its been obvious for the last 3-4 seasons though that his game time has been limited. When he does get on the majority (or so it seems) on here are throwing dogs abuse at him for not being good enough. He will have seen it coming a long way off. At least now (if the opening post is true) Puel has had the balls to make the judgement about him, instead of stringing him along for bit part appearances.

Given his age, surely he wants regular 1st team football, he’d be a top acquisition for a championship team.

By the end of the week we’ll know how motivated he is to play, or whether a splintered arse and cash in the bank is more important to him.

Saying goodbye to Simpson I can understand, but King?

Guy's still only 29 years old, has a few more good years in him, been at the club for almost his whole footballing life, he's given so much to the team and broken a few records here and there. I think his achievements ought to earn a bit more respect.

Did rather well in pre-season, is in good shape, raring to go. And we could do with more cover in central midfield, I think he can also offer something still in a more attacking position, just the way he did when he was a regular starter some eight, nine years ago. Just this time, as a super sub. Think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

• Like 2

Did anyone stop to ask maybe King wants more than being given a super sub role and it’s his choice to leave?

I love Andy King, I think he is a useful squad player but he’s 5th choice at best and he’s 29 so he needs to move to get a starting spot somewhere else

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Keep him involved because he's a really good bloke and then sell him when we get an offer?

Not pick a left back ahead of him?

Not pick a load of kids who won't be playing proffesional football in a few years ahead of him?

Reminds me of how Taylor got rid of Walsh.

Exactly the comparison that came into my head. At least Walsh got a testimonial though. This is a poor way of thanking King for his years of service and loyalty. 

Andy King is a bit of a mystery to me. He hasnt featured regularly under either Pearson, Raneri, Shakespeare and now Puel in fact, in the four years that we have been back in the prem. 

However he has been deemed worth a contract and probably a lot more than he would earn elsewhere.

What I also find strange is that I cant remember any other club making an enquiry about him other than Swansea. I have never known another players career to stagnate as much as his has. Surely as a pro footballer he wants more than we can offer him. He hasnt played week in and week out since the age of 24.

If I were him I would accept a pay reduction, consider championship football and make the most of what is left of my career.  He must want regular football.

Beside that he has been a superb servant to our football club.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

What a way to treat a legend.

Wes Morgan is a legend but the way he gets treated on here is a disgrace at times.

Well done Andy King, a great servant but things move on. You can't just keep players around a club for sentimental reasons.

Sport is all about moving forward.