Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Thank you, Andy King.

Players earning several millions per year no longer need testimonials 

sad that he he has been told he isn’t required in our first team squad but if they are the facts then they are the facts 

no one knows how this info has been communicated to him - I’m sure it wasn’t a West Ham United style text! 

12 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Doesnt feel right to me that hes been left out of the squad and told to find a new club. Feel he deserves a little more respect than that.

Yeah but what's the alternative? 

It's up to the manager to pick the team, and King doesn't feature in his plans. 

I feel like for professional pride if nothing else King should have left a couple of seasons ago to find regular football. 

He's obviously within his rights to stay as a squad player and pick up his wages - but as others have said, we're not a charity at the end of the day. 

Edited by leicesterseddon

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Loyalty is not really valued at LCFC, no matter if you're a long-serving supporter of the club or a player servant like King.

The club sometimes forgets those who helped/contributed to the club from the lowest point in its history to its greatest ever achievement.

He did get a 4 year contract in 2016

Ulloa long contract also, they have been rewarded what they help achieve but that doesn’t mean they should still be here playing no part 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Saying goodbye to Simpson I can understand, but King?

Guy's still only 29 years old, has a few more good years in him, been at the club for almost his whole footballing life, he's given so much to the team and broken a few records here and there. I think his achievements ought to earn a bit more respect.

Did rather well in pre-season, is in good shape, raring to go. And we could do with more cover in central midfield, I think he can also offer something still in a more attacking position, just the way he did when he was a regular starter some eight, nine years ago. Just this time, as a super sub. Think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Agree..

Strange how Posters talk about 4th-6th choice.A player (contract until 2020),tho.ugh that means

Nothing.. We will need deep cover,this season.King can still provide it.

I would prefer,for himself(newly married) he could find a New Club,low Pl- or any  Championship Club,

he can still turn over or rekindle a 'rest' 5-8 yr career.

If  he still stays for a short while........Doesnt need a testomonial,but Announce it & Put him on the bench for 2-4 home games,  If games allow it, give him the last 15 mins in 2 games,to say goodbye to the Fans,

then one last lap of honour.....

Or do give him a charitable testimomial...monies going to his chosen charity...

Verses a mixed PL - celebrity-squad. I am sure Fans would turn up,if the prices were Seen to be reasonable.

Maybe A good Sunday-family-day-out...Ranieri has Opposition Coach...

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

How many opportunities has he turned down to leave the club  - serious question.

He has stuck with us (or perhaps he hasn’t had any alternative offers) and we have paid him plenty as a consequence over the past decade for his services. 

So!!  Paying plenty/or not ,is part of any employees contract...Just COS people get payed,

doesnt Jean they have to jump up and down gleefully,and leave according to outsiders,

Desires ...The employers and he Signed up until 2020,in all those years "BOTH" sides received

Services..Its not a onewaystreet for Club,or employee..

King IMO, earned his pennies and Plaudits,and at times the negatives,but he most importantly

earned respect,and got it From the solid base Fans..

Edited by fuchsntf

Nice guy, great loyalty shown by him for the club he loves. For that, and all he's done for LCFC, respect to AK.

I can completely understand him wanting to stay and break into the side - but realistically it's not going to happen so there has to come a point where a footballer wants to play football and not just be around football. The fact he is happy to stick around and not play will be noticed by other clubs and potentially put them off signing him (who'd want someone not driven enough to be unsatisfied at not being played?). It's time to move now and play the game he trains hard at.

It's best for him to move now and rekindle his career before it's over.

Must admit am surprised by the faux outrage here, the guy is a legend no doubt, but the writing was on the wall come January. Tbf I'm surprised he's even still with the club, there's no point including him in a squad where he isn't seen as an option. I'd love to come up with ways on how he can still be useful, but at the end of the day we've outgrown him and it's probably best for both parties if we part ways. Give him a testimonal and see him on his way. I imagine quite a lot saying it's disrespectful, equally want to shaft Wes Morgan, who by in large in a few decades time will hold more significance at this club than King does. 

20 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Doesnt feel right to me that hes been left out of the squad and told to find a new club. Feel he deserves a little more respect than that.

Why is it disrespectful to be honest with him?  He should have a bit of self respect and find a team he can start for regularly 

If we can get over our best players leaving I wont be sad to see some of our other players leaving who cannot command a regular first team place any longer. When the likes of King or Simpson go there is an obvious opportunity to upgrade, when the likes of Mahrez or Kante go that's only going to end up in a downgrade.

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Players earning several millions per year no longer need testimonials 

sad that he he has been told he isn’t required in our first team squad but if they are the facts then they are the facts 

no one knows how this info has been communicated to him - I’m sure it wasn’t a West Ham United style text! 

Doesn't the money from testimonials go to charity now?

I think King definitely deserves one. He's won three league titles with us and has been with us through thick and thin.

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Must admit am surprised by the faux outrage here, the guy is a legend no doubt, but the writing was on the wall come January. Tbf I'm surprised he's even still with the club, there's no point including him in a squad where he isn't seen as an option. I'd love to come up with ways on how he can still be useful, but at the end of the day we've outgrown him and it's probably best for both parties if we part ways. Give him a testimonal and see him on his way. I imagine quite a lot saying it's disrespectful, equally want to shaft Wes Morgan, who by in large in a few decades time will hold more significance at this club than King does. 

Have to disagree here. I think King will hold more significance than Morgan ever will.

Edited by sharpylcfc

The club must honour their side if kings contract..  however if puel isnt going to play him and king wants to play then the club should make it easy for him to move on.  Eg .they could subsidise his wage to 2020

In this way they send a message to all players that they treat people well....what goes arround comes arround 

31 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Have to disagree here. I think King will hold more significance than Morgan ever will.

King was a legend and started the great escape .Goal v west ham at home.Wes had some crucial games but was always covered by Robert Huth.who was along with Vardy kante and Mahrez the spine of the champions

.Lets move on now!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Seriously? Morgan captained and played key roles in the championship, champo game against Sevilla & premier league wins. King was effectively a bit part player in all of those accomplishments. His legacy is mainly on the achievements he had from 08-13.

I have a lot of love for Kingy, but I think it’s best all round for him to move on. He has been a great player and his attitude seem to be spot on.

I hope he has the motivation and fortune to maintain his playing career for a few more years and I would really like to see him back at the club in some capacity in the future. One of our own (even if he is a plastic Welshman who got bombed out of Chelsea’s youth set up!!!)

If Swansea had stayed up he would have already joined them permanently, he's clearly not good enough for our squad anymore which is why he was loaned out there in the first place. 

He'll probably end up seeing out his contract here because he'll have to take a large pay cut to move to the championship or a team like Huddersfield/Cardiff in the lower half of the league. 

3 minutes ago, maddog said:

If Swansea had stayed up he would have already joined them permanently, he's clearly not good enough for our squad anymore which is why he was loaned out there in the first place. 

He'll probably end up seeing out his contract here because he'll have to take a large pay cut to move to the championship or a team like Huddersfield/Cardiff in the lower half of the league. 

And there is the issue. We are paying over the odds for a bang average player because he’s “loyal”

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Seriously? Morgan captained and played key roles in the championship, champo game against Sevilla & premier league wins. King was effectively a bit part player in all of those accomplishments. His legacy is mainly on the achievements he had from 08-13.

Yes seriously. I'm not even King biggest fan but yes I'd still hold King in higher esteem than Morgan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2