Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fousseni Diabaté

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

He got one assist in the 14 games in the Premier league that he was involved in

Apologies I just realised I missed interpretated what Babylon said earlier, my bad hahah

Still, he's a good player who doesn't need to go out on loan

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Apologies I just realised I missed interpretated what Babylon said earlier, my bad hahah

Still, he's a good player who doesn't need to go out on loan

Agreed but not sure his ready to be a direct replacment for Mahrez or MA

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

But Diabate has already shown he's good enough for the prem? if the fans accept he isn't Mahrez' level then I don't see the problem in keeping and starting him next season, as @Babylon has mentioned earlier, his stats are fairly good for just the first 12 games, all games being at a higher level than he's used to

They were Mahrez stats :D

Edited by Babylon
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

The only game he's looked really good in is Peterborough. Don't get me wrong he's shown plenty of promise and a few glimpses of what might come but for me he's not even at the level of Gray, yet. 

Exactly what I think.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

The only game he's looked really good in is Peterborough. Don't get me wrong he's shown plenty of promise and a few glimpses of what might come but for me he's not even at the level of Gray, yet. 

I kind of know what you're saying but he seems less frustrating than Gray so it's easier to think he's the better player. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, I much prefer Diabate they for his first touch and sefless play. He needs to continue his development though as he's still very raw.

• Like 1

For me if we have to rely on him and Gray to replace Mahrez we will be in trouble. Both have talent but very limited end product, due ethier to poor execution or decision making. 

I would be in the market for someone tried an tested like Shaqiri.

Anybody else like this guy but just think he’s not quite a starter yet and perhaps in my mind should be 2nd choice to a more complete player (I feel like this about Gray and Chilwell too tbh) I think being able to bring hungry and talented youth off the bench would be great next season...

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Anybody else like this guy but just think he’s not quite a starter yet and perhaps in my mind should be 2nd choice to a more complete player (I feel like this about Gray and Chilwell too tbh) I think being able to bring hungry and talented youth off the bench would be great next season...

Diabate is the opposite of Gray but sometimes he needs to be selfish like Gray is.

On 15/05/2018 at 20:59, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He's class and I really like what I've seen of him so far. Sell Gray to the first bidder stupid enough to pay £25m+ for him because he's English and overrated by anyone who doesn't watch him flatter to deceive on a weekly basis and give Diabate more game time to flourish.

I don't think  we should sell gray, but I do believe Diabate is quality, and should be given more game time I think he looks a class player 

We'd be foolish to not play this guy a fair bit next season. Yes he's young and yes he's not yet the finished article but so what! Musa was a proven international and look how that's gone! Sometimes the only way these lads will improve is to just give them game time and they'll improve. Diabate has actually looked very decent in a few games and gets the crowd off their seats 

Edited by chris_lcfc_85

On 15/05/2018 at 19:54, Bert said:

And what is Gray's level? :source:

45 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

And what is Gray's level? :source:

Well for a start Gray has actually scored in the premier league for us.... as well as being a regular at u21 international level. And if you want to get funny and say Diabate has only played x amount of games for us so far, Gray had more of an impact for us in his first six months than Diabate has. 

Now, I'm not saying Diabate is rubbish or whatever. He's just not set the world alight for me like he has for some people. Hopefully he'll have a much better impact next season after his settling in period and a full pre-season with us under his belt. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He is a blank canvas with plenty to work on - he needs a lot of coaching. His decision making is currentlt poor but he really could be anything in a couple of years.

blank canvas? he turns 23 this year. he's hardly a spring chicken

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Well for a start Gray has actually scored in the premier league for us.... as well as being a regular at u21 international level. And if you want to get funny and say Diabate has only played x amount of games for us so far, Gray had more of an impact for us in his first six months than Diabate has. 

Now, I'm not saying Diabate is rubbish or whatever. He's just not set the world alight for me like he has for some people. Hopefully he'll have a much better impact next season after his settling in period and a full pre-season with us under his belt. 

Really don't know what people see in Gray. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

We'd be foolish to not play this guy a fair bit next season. Yes he's young and yes he's not yet the finished article but so what! Musa was a proven international and look how that's gone! Sometimes the only way these lads will improve is to just give them game time and they'll improve. Diabate has actually looked very decent in a few games and gets the crowd off their seats 

You say that but since he's been on loan to Moscow, he's scored 6 in 10 appearances! So at this point, he's baffling me! Plus I'm assuming that we are making players sh!t, rather than vice versa.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Gray had more of an impact for us in his first six months than Diabate has. 

Are you surprised by that, Gray had played 3 seasons in the Championship before he joined us 

Diabate has played most of his football at a comparative non league level