Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fousseni Diabaté

Some things he did were golden, other times his passes were either too short or he played himself into trouble.

He did however show some fantastic link up play, much more than you get when Gray is on the pitch imho (without being too harsh on Gray).

I think he has a great future with us. Seeing Nacho, Vardy and Diabate upfront was electrifying.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Bizarre. Thought he had moments in the first half but also made quite a few mistakes. Much more consistent in the second and always looking (and largely succeeding) to do something positive with the ball.

Just thought he went off the boil a bit in the second half and looked more of a threat first half. 

1 hour ago, treer said:

if he cannot speak English, then the club should make him have 2 hour lessons each afternoon after training. At his age 6 weeks, problem solved.

I don't think you can learn a language in 6 weeks. Even if it's english. 

Aside from that, plenty of potential. Cheeky, doesn't fear to take his opponent on, generous in the effort and his footballing brain works. Lacks a bit of stamina which is why he faded away in the 2nd half, but that will come. Bargain and I have no doubts Puel will polish him alright. Gray must fear for his ass and could see him wanting out next season.

Edited by ZeGuy

4 hours ago, the fox said:

Even Mahrez couldn't do that! the only difference is, Mahrez will go missing for 90% of the game but can muster a moment of magic, gets the game by the hand and says "may i have this dance" and just like that, he wins us games.

Argh! the more i think about it the angrier i get!:nigel:

Mahrez has always played with very little support from Simmo and I think it’s fair to say he’s got impressive stats despite that. He’s unique though. Simmo will need to step this part of his game IMO to help Diabaté. I’m not sure he can tbf. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Could be anything 

needs to work on his right foot

puel will help his positional play (like Claudio did with riyad)

in at the deep end and clearly not what Puel had in mind for him. Hope it isn’t too much too soon for him. 

He has settled in very well, better than I thought, great one for the future 

15 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Considering he's only had the 2 games it's really encouraging to see so much raw talent and promise. Given time and Claude nurturing I think we may have uncovered another diamond here!

Could be a rare diamond at that . That French 2nd division is a true source of truffle s

• Haha 1

Football analyst Garth has spotted him:

"Leicester City may have found a new Riyad Mahrez which is just as well because I cannot see the Algeria winger playing for them again. Fousseni Diabate's performance at Peterborough in the FA Cup was impressive - but that was P/boro. Against a rejuvenated Swansea, he showed the same courage and mental strength Mahrez showed during the Foxes' title-winning season.

There is nothing more exciting than seeing a player taking on defenders on and Diabate does it for fun."

Garth then gets side-tracked and starts rabbiting about the RM situation. 

Garth Crooks' team of the week, what a joke!

Does he watch every Premier League game in full in order to make an accurate judgment, or does he - like most people - take in a couple of the live games and watch the rest on Match of the Day? The latter, of course. And the reason he selected Diabate was because they picked him out on MOTD, but mostly so that he could use it as a springboard to jump on the anti-Leicester bandwagon with a sinister little dig at our club about the Mahrez situation.

What an irrelevant little tosser.

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Garth Crooks' team of the week, what a joke!

Does he watch every Premier League game in full in order to make an accurate judgment, or does he - like most people - take in a couple of the live games and watch the rest on Match of the Day? The latter, of course. And the reason he selected Diabate was because they picked him out on MOTD, but mostly so that he could use it as a springboard to jump on the anti-Leicester bandwagon with a sinister little dig at our club about the Mahrez situation.

What an irrelevant little tosser.

Garth Crooks is a joke ... end of. 

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He did a Mahrez-style take down of a 50 yard pass that was proper filthy. He's gonna be a good'un.

Was that the one that looked like he took it with a flick from behind him or something? Absolute filth.