Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fousseni Diabaté

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Didn't it take Gray over 2 years to get an assist? By his standards, he's on bloody fire.

Not sure, but it seems Gray has been around for ages and not really improved. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

At the rate Gray has been developing with us, I'd say Diabate by a mile but I am still optimistic Gray will have a breakthrough soon. Still only 21 and in and out the team (his own fault). More to come from him I hope

I think they both have bags of talent, and could easily be playing on either wing for us on a regular basis if they can both add an end product. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure, but it seems Gray has been around for ages and not really improved. 

I think they both have bags of talent, and could easily be playing on either wing for us on a regular basis if they can both add an end product. 

That would be great to see. 

Maybe in the early rounds of the cup matches next season, we could see this:

Diabate----------Barnes-----------Gray

------------------Iheanacho---------------

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

That would be great to see. 

Maybe in the early rounds of the cup matches next season, we could see this:

Diabate----------Barnes-----------Gray

------------------Iheanacho---------------

Maybe, not seen enough of Barnes, but we have some promising young players, with Hanza and this boys. 

I really like him. Iran clear he has bags and bags of talent, like Mahrez did he needs time to adapt and adjust, however with the right kind of training he will be a very decent player. Very much looking forward to seeing what he can do! 

Lots to improve on - his decision making is poor and at the moment he's all about a few fancy flicks and tricks with little end product. He's young though and the same or worse could be said about Gray who we've had for two and a half years without really improving at all.

Personally I'd loan him to a championship side next year and see how he gets on - Mahrez will be replaced with at least one marquee signing I have no doubt and Gray and Albrighton will still be here so he's not going play week in week out which is what he needs. Encouraged by his start though.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Why would you loan him to a championship side when he can clearly compete at this level? A genuine find with lots of potential.  Keep him with the first team and he'll be involved enough for us I'm sure. 

its the default response to a young player, people on here have suggested it for Chilwell and Gray too, it wouldn't help any of them as they are too good for that level

• Like 1

The bloke needs time.  Mind you so does Puel.

Appears the majority on here have zero patience, so we wait and see what pans out.

Personally, I think he looks a decent player and he has a better awareness of what's around him compared to Gray and Albrighton in those positions.  Sometimes the execution isn't quite there but it needs time.  Give him time.

• Like 2

Love the guy, would like to see him bulk up a bit as my only criticism is that he’s a little too lightweight. 

Has as an excellent football brain though and as said before, a bit too unselfish. Adding some power to his game would make him phenomenal.

Excited to see how he’s going to progress!  

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

e90a4a9e15f4a52c31841ff108ec5ba9.png

I already like this guy but now I love him!!!

Great attitude. He got a lot better in just these last 5 months. If he continues to improve he could be a very important player for us. He has the opposite problem to Gray - he’s often not selfish enough!

• Like 1