Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fousseni Diabaté

7 hours ago, dominicmsb said:

blank canvas? he turns 23 this year. he's hardly a spring chicken

At this level he is.

if he doesn’t get decent coaching or he isn’t able to take it on board then it’s a few million down the drain.  At this level that really shouldn’t happen unless he loses his motivation with the higher ages he now has. No one should assume it’s a given that he kicks on. 

7 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Are you surprised by that, Gray had played 3 seasons in the Championship before he joined us 

Diabate has played most of his football at a comparative non league level 

So had Mahrez when he first signed... 

9 hours ago, Bert said:

Gray had more of an impact for us in his first six months than Diabate has.

One assist v One assist for the first 6 months as they were both signed in January.

For me I'm not sure the ability level of either stands out above the other. They both struggle when they start to make in impact, they both look best when they come on as subs. They both have flashes of great skill and frustration in equal measure. What stands the two apart at the moment for me, is Diabate's movement and desire.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

One assist v One assist for the first 6 months as they were both signed in January.

For me I'm not sure the ability level of either stands out above the other. They both struggle when they start to make in impact, they both look best when they come on as subs. They both have flashes of great skill and frustration in equal measure. What stands the two apart at the moment for me, is Diabate's movement and desire.

This, and I trust Diabate to make a pass when he gets in the final third instead of being a greedy sod. In fact, if anything, there are times when Diabate should have been more greedy. 

35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Too closed off to say Diabate has just one good game. 

His impact at Brighton for example won us the game. 

He was also very dangerous vs Swansea at home and had a decent game vs Arsenal. There were other flashes too, it's been a positive start for him. I do think he needs to play in Mahrez's position though if he is to be most effective.