Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Pyeongchang 2018 - Winter Olympics

scenes in the luge this morning, rank outsider smashed it and then the massive fav fu cked up his (and the competitions) final run and didn't even medal. he was german too so wheyyy. 

kruger fell over in the cross country and still won which was pretty cool, had a brit do alright there too. 

I don't normally give much attention or interest to ice skating, but I caught Evgenia Medvedeva doing her routine in the team competition and I must admit I was transfixed. Absolutely amazing skill. On a side note, I'm not sure if it was the camera angle, but that's one hell of a pair of nostrils she's got. Put me slightly in mind of Daniella Westbrook after the coke ate her septum away.

Greetings from Winter Olympics-obsessed Hokkaido. Japan's northern island has only 4% of the country's population, but around 50% of the Winter Olympics team. It's one compensation for spending four months of the year covered in snow and ice.   

Today's a massive day here. Japan has a great chance of its first medal of the games, and without giving too much private information away, someone sitting very close to me as I'm typing this is getting pretty nervous, as its one of her former students who's after a medal in the women's speed skating - Miho Takagi in the 1,500 metres:

mih.jpg

If she could win gold it would be Japan's first ever in women's speed skating. And not for 20 years has a Japanese woman won an individual medal of any colour - that was Tomomi Okazaki, who, like someone else with the same name, is famous for her dazzling smile:

tomomi_oka.jpg

The biggest star of the Olympics is figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu. While the sport has been in decline in the UK and the USA in recent years, in Japan, figure skating is getting pretty close to baseball and soccer in popularity. Hanyu is the reigning Olympic champion, and seeking to become the first man to retain the title in more than 60 years. The country is in love with him - and if you watch his best performances it's easy to understand why. Here's his short programme from the last Olympics:

But - he picked up an injury in November and no-one is sure if he's recovered enough to compete properly. 'Yuzuru's right ankle' has been the media topic of the last three months. Think 'Beckham's foot' in 2002 and you'll have some idea of the situation.

• Like 1

Sidorova is exactly whom someone would cast to play a Russian intelligence agent in a Hollywood film.

I find it very hard to believe her rise in her career is all down to meticulous training and coaching, especially when her former teammate Galkina was busted for doping.

11 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Elise Christie is through to the final of the 500m short track final after finishing second in her semi - final

going for gold on bbc 1 in about 15 minutes if anyone's bored waiting for couples come dine with me 

Really sad listening to her talking and crying on television, really hope the idiots and prats on social media leave her alone and don't abuse her just because she failed at what she was trying to do, at least she has a go and doesn't hide her vulnerabilities behind the mask of social media and anonymity.