Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Pyeongchang 2018 - Winter Olympics

On 18/2/2018 at 16:04, spacemunky said:

Only a Russian would get caught for doping in curling lol

Absolute Dope....but having seen his partner in the curling who is also his wife she is stunning and maybe the drugs were to help his performance with her ??

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

dead heat in the bobsleigh gen the most exciting thing that’s ever happened in the history of sport ever 

Pretty incredible that they couldn’t be separated by 1/100 of a second after 4runs...great watch this am and hats off to the Germans and Canadians for the fantastic reaction and sportsmanship and respect for each other...what sport should be all about 

• Like 2

unreal stuff in the women’s speed skating relay. 

pretty sure korea were the ones at fault, they went on to win gold, china & canada got DQd for getting tripped up by korea so holland take bronze without even being in the final. 

what a sport this is. just push and trip everyone, and the judges seem to draw names out a hat as to who to disqualify and who to promote. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

pretty sure korea were the ones at fault, they went on to win gold, china & canada got DQd for getting tripped up by korea so holland take bronze without even being in the final. 

what a sport this is. just push and trip everyone, and the judges seem to draw names out a hat as to who to disqualify and who to promote. 

It's basically a Roller Derby from what I can tell.

39 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

This.

It's not just Christie (who has won numerous World Cup medals using the same style, against the same opposition and under the same pressure btw) - some of the judging in other events has also been at best highly suspect, particularly where Koreans are involved.

I'm not saying it's a certainty and you have to trust that the officials are on the level...but it wouldn't be the first time for judges at the Winter Olympics, would it?

I want to like Elise Christie as generally I will support all brits at all costs, but I am afraid I just don't get her. She seems to take unnecessary risks and doesn't learn from them time after time. Sometimes you just do what you need to do to qualify and work from there. 

5 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I guess I'm done with curling lol

Congrats to Shuster. Hope he gets the gold.

Tough day for Canada, losing to the US in both curling and hockey(womens).

I'll offer you a gracious handshake before I go run around my office and celebrate a little more this morning. 

• Haha 1

Sadly not to be, came up against a well-drilled outfit in Sweden and made too many errors. 

I know that GB have won as many medals at this Olympics as they have at any other Winter Olympics, but tbh it still smacks of a missed opportunity what with Christie and the curlers both getting nothing (apart from maybe another bronze).