Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gearoid

Brighton away

On 17/02/2018 at 16:00, sishades said:

My point is that what chance does anyone without a season ticket have of getting any tickets It seems like a viscious circle..you need to have points to get one but you cant get points without obtaining away tickets. This has become a closed shop.

It’s true but it’s as fair as it ought to be. I rarely missed a game for 16 years but after my wife went back to work part time following maternity leave (weekends) I had to stop going to matches as regular. I’d love to go down more now my kids are old enough to come with but I can’t get three tickets together and season tickets are hard to come by. It’s just the unfortunate nature of the timing of our success but I wouldn’t advocate changes. People should be rewarded for their on going commitment and should be prioritised over the fair weathers, I’ll get my chance again. I just hope it doesn’t come too late to get the kids into it.

• Like 1

Unable to recover my old account on this forum, so had to create a new one. Difficult and expensive to buy tickets for the Brighton-game in advance as I live in Oslo. 

Arriving in Brighton on Thursday and are looking for everything from one to four tickets. Anyone travelling to Brighton and have spare tickets? Can meet anywhere, anytime and pay on site.

As I have a Norwegian cellphone the easiest way to contact me is sending an e-mail to [email protected]

Fingers crossed!

-Rune, Oslo-

(Maybe we met in Copenhagen or Madrid?)

On 26/03/2018 at 19:45, Fox92 said:

Is the best way the train to Falmer? Or the bus/taxi?

Saturday is my first visit to the Amex. 

I asked the question of a Brighton fan and got the following:

Southern can be pretty hopeless but to be fair, this season there have been no real train issues.  Numerous trains are laid on between Amex and Brighton/Lewes and although very packed it is intolerable as journey only a few minutes. Trains are included in match ticket cost.

There is nothing to do around the stadium really apart from open air fanzone - weather looks poor Saturday! - so drinking in Brighton or Lewes is the best option if that is what you're into.

The journey from Brighton to Falmer only takes minutes but with the large amount of people it is sensible to get to Brighton station before 2ish and join the queues. Train times are normally loaded on the National Rail website the day before. 

Another option is the 25 bus from St Peters Church which is down from the station, free with your match ticket and takes about 20 minutes. 

Never got a cab but there are always loads at the station so could always jump in and share costs as plenty use them to avoid trains. 

After match the away end is furthest from station so really no point rushing, best to either stay in away concourse or wander into to one of the home ones and watch the scores etc and have a drink before getting a slightly later train. Concourses stay open for 90 minutes after match and train times are displayed on screens too. If you need to get train quickly then I am afraid you'll have to join the many early leavers and sprint to station!! 25 bus is an option post match also.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I asked the question of a Brighton fan and got the following:

Southern can be pretty hopeless but to be fair, this season there have been no real train issues.  Numerous trains are laid on between Amex and Brighton/Lewes and although very packed it is intolerable as journey only a few minutes. Trains are included in match ticket cost.

There is nothing to do around the stadium really apart from open air fanzone - weather looks poor Saturday! - so drinking in Brighton or Lewes is the best option if that is what you're into.

The journey from Brighton to Falmer only takes minutes but with the large amount of people it is sensible to get to Brighton station before 2ish and join the queues. Train times are normally loaded on the National Rail website the day before. 

Another option is the 25 bus from St Peters Church which is down from the station, free with your match ticket and takes about 20 minutes. 

Never got a cab but there are always loads at the station so could always jump in and share costs as plenty use them to avoid trains. 

After match the away end is furthest from station so really no point rushing, best to either stay in away concourse or wander into to one of the home ones and watch the scores etc and have a drink before getting a slightly later train. Concourses stay open for 90 minutes after match and train times are displayed on screens too. If you need to get train quickly then I am afraid you'll have to join the many early leavers and sprint to station!! 25 bus is an option post match also.

Really helpful, thanks. Any suggestions for away friendly/neutral pubs near the train station showing the early kick off would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Really helpful, thanks. Any suggestions for away friendly/neutral pubs near the train station showing the early kick off would be appreciated.

Off memory, there is a huge cluster of pubs near the train station. So I imagine plenty of choice.