Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FFP Champions 5 - 1

Taking Silva off I felt was a mistake. But really the first ten minutes of the second half ended the game there and then. Shame we somewhat capitulated, but the gulf between the two teams was night and day.

It is sad to think how big the difference has become in just two years when we did the number on them. But the difference is they have literally spent something like 500M on players since then. Shows how magical that year was.

We move onwards, but we need to get some results soon because our current form is not great.

1 minute ago, somebum said:

You dont agree? You think his tactics were good today?

I don't think there was much wrong with them, the players were absolute shite. Name a team that has played good tactics against them this season?

8th in the league and Puel is "testing your patience" where should we be? top?

you're talking nonsense. 

• Like 4

Where is this myth we changed to a back four at half time coming from? We had our best spell of the game with a back four after moving Albrighton to right back, Chilwell to left mid and Fuchs to left back about 25 minutes in. It was putting Simpson on for Silva that did it. Simpson was crap, Albrighton isn't a centre mid (granted he isn't a right back either but he's better there than in midfield on that showing) and a collective effort of laughable errors all the way through the half. Schmeichel will never have a worse game in a Leicester shirt and turned in arguably a contender for the worst goalkeeping display of any keeper in the league this season. He was a calamity.

Man City were excellent but at least make them ****ing work for their goals. 

• Like 2

Strange change at half time and Kasper has had a 'mare.

I think that was the first time Man City had a full 7 days between games since the international break in November, and even then most of their players would have been playing in those internationals, so they were always going to be fresh and fully at it. So I was expecting them to batter us anyway.

We didn't make it difficult enough for them though, especially in that second half after the substitution.

I thought Ndidi, Diabaté, Dragovic and Vardy still came out of it with some credit though. Even Mahrez looked at it when he came on, whether it was as an audition or not I don't know, but as long as it's in a Leicester top I don't care. Iheanacho looked alright too.

Anyway, shit happens, so let's go full strength on Friday and take it out on Sheff Utd!

Edited by Aesc

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

I don't think there was much wrong with them, the players were absolute shite. Name a team that has played good tactics against them this season?

you're talking nonsense. 

Of course i am. "Not much wrong with them". Seriously man, 

Just now, somebum said:

Of course i am. "Not much wrong with them". Seriously man, 

Alright so how should we have played? which formation? what tactics would have stopped a team that have scored 3 or more goals 19x this season?

You're talking out of your bloody arse.

Name a team that has had the right tactics against them?

Edited by cityfanlee23

There is losing to Man City and then there is gifting Man City today...we did the latter! Anbsolute joke again Puel with his dodgy subs! 

Also it’s really starting to show that have no plan B why did we sell both Ulloa and Slimani!

and James is the new Andy King in but worse! 

21 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Well we were second best all over the park. 

Not much you can do against a team thats had half a billion quid spent on it since we humiliated them two years ago. 

Especially one that did their level best to disrupt our team on the last day of the transfer window with their sheer greed and unfair financial play. 

Not much you can do except, y'know, field players to create some balance and linkage on the pitch instead of turtling up at half and deciding to try to defend the entirety of the 2H with no MF on the pitch capable of breaking the press.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

you're talking nonsense. 

No but we should be around 10 points better off! 

We were never going to win with the team we put out. Silva off at half time made no sense and that was it. James is a good bottom half CM, but no idea why Puel rates him higher than Iborra or Silva.

Schmeichel just had a mare. He has really gone downhill. 

I think we are missing leaders in the team. Too many people uncomfortable under pressure.

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Hes not a bad keeper. .. but not top six quality. 

Way too casual today when we were under the cosh.... 

I thought he could have done better with the shot from outside the area. It was right over his head. He didn't need the tuck jump. Just stand up.

Before this season I thought we had done really well to keep hold of him but now I've realised he's just an average keeper who pulls of the odd decent outstanding save. 

• Like 2