Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FFP Champions 5 - 1

Would rather have seen a midfield 3 of Ndidi, Iborra and Silva today.

I personally feel that Iborra playing as the holding midfielder, gives Ndidi more freedom which help him touch another level.

2nd half for me the team should have looked like this:

Kasper

Albrighton

Drago

Maguire

Fuchs

Chilwell

Ndidi

Iborra

Silva

Diabate

Vardy

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

Why change it at half time? 

First half we looked decent, if it ain't broke, don't fix it and nothing in that team was broken. 1-1 at half time at the Etihad is incredible, yet for some reason we change it.

Second half we were terrible, change our right side and three mins in we concede down the right side. Matty James, I don't get the scapegoating but we know full well he struggles to play a full 90, Albrighton in the middle never offers anything, the midfield became non existent and you're left relying on a yellow carded Wilf Ndidi to do all the work. Gifting them two goals as well, Kasper hasn't been great this season but that has to be one of his worst performances ever. The only player in our side that I don't think is good enough right now is Chilwell, he looks out of place.

Beaten by the best team in the league but that second half was inexcusable, joke!

Edited by kingfox
  • Like 1

A very poor performance today. Man City really didn't have to work for that at all. 

The lack of concentration really concerned me today. The goals within three minutes in each half. The lack of concentration in distributing the ball in our third when we know Man City are going to press us high up the pitch. 

A bad performance today

3 minutes ago, MCFC said:

The scoreline surprised me, I thought it flattered M. City somewhat, 3-1 was a fairer reflection of the game. 

I think you're a very good team with a good manager but when De Bruyne and Aguero play like that, there's not much that can be done to stop them. 

De Bruyne is on a different planet ... wonderful player with great football intelligence .. love watching him play..... well not so much today.

9 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Because we are not good enough to top 6, or we would be there. 

If we turned up for the matches we would have! Everton away, Swansea at home, Palace at home! There is 8 points! Like I said it was achievable even Kasper said so himself! 

Edited by chapero82

Well I hope Puel is putting all our eggs in the FA Cup basket now. We were poor today no doubt about it and unfortunately got Man City before the Champions League starts up again.

I hope we are on it on Friday night and it doesn't become a Fright Night! I also hope he doesn't play a weak side with the likes of Benny the Kick and co. Nacho on with Vardy up front please and for pity sake get a grip lads. 

22 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

It was a free go today. No shame in getting beasted by that Man City side

Will start to get worried if Puel can't navigate through the FA Cup game

Sometimes you just have to say what a side they are. There's no shame in losing to them. Manner of defeat, different thing but they may well win champions league. They are seriously good. B@3tards

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Trying to play the ball at the back when there nearly sat on top of us was a terrible idea. Poor all round. Shef Utd and stoke must win games.

Yeah that was weird. Why try and out man city, man city. They will win every time. Better off playing our own style. Bizarre