Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FFP Champions 5 - 1

We need a couple of wins in the next few fixtures just to breathe more easily. Sides below are starting to concertina up on us a bit. Should still be ok but would like avoid nervous glances over our shoulders. 

Thought we could have got a point before today and at half time. But after the break, it was shocking, epitomised by Schmeichel's embarrassing mistake 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Why change it at half time? 

First half we looked decent, if it ain't broke, don't fix it and nothing in that team was broken. 1-1 at half time at the Etihad is incredible, yet for some reason we change it.

Second half we were terrible, change our right side and three mins in we concede down the right side. Matty James, I don't get the scapegoating but we know full well he struggles to play a full 90, Albrighton in the middle never offers anything, the midfield became non existent and you're left relying on a yellow carded Wilf Ndidi to do all the work. Gifting them two goals as well, Kasper hasn't been great this season but that has to be one of his worst performances ever. The only player in our side that I don't think is good enough right now is Chilwell, he looks out of place.

Beaten by the best team in the league but that second half was inexcusable, joke!

This, I would have started 4 2 3 1 today....

Last 25 minutes of the first half we had a real buzz about us. Sub at half time reminded me of the shamble sub at arsenal. Why? Completely took the sting out of our tail. Going 4 at the back made us nervy and awkward looking. 

Frustrating. How can such a tactical error be so obvious to anyone watchig at home yet the man getting paid big money thinks it makes sense?

Schmeichel was horrendous too.. worst ive seen him play.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Best team in the world, one of the best ever to grace the premier league, Man City have scored 3 or more goals on 19 occasions this season including cups. We were shite, but this team is unplayable. 

Manchester City 5–0 Liverpool

Watford 0–6 Manchester City

Manchester City 5–0 Crystal Palace

Manchester City 7–2 Stoke City

Manchester City 3–0 Burnley

West Bromwich Albion 2–3 Manchester City

Manchester City 3–1 Arsenal

Swansea City 0–4 Manchester City

Manchester City 4–1 Tottenham Hotspur

Manchester City 4–0 Bournemouth

Manchester City 3–1 Watford

Liverpool 4–3 Manchester City

Manchester City 3–1 Newcastle United

Manchester City 3–0 West Bromwich Albion

Manchester City 5-1 Leicester City

This. Puts things in perspective - they have amazing individual players that as a team work really hard to shut down games. We really weren't at our best and looked intimidated but its a learning curve and I'm sure we'll bounce back from it. 

Aside from the goal, we weren't really in it in the first half and changed to 4 at the back after we scored so I can see why Puel went that way at half time even if it didn't work out. At least he tries different things and isn't afraid to give the younger players the experience.

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Well let's hope you're right if your post is serious. 

Pardon me for not feeling like the sky is falling in having had our arses handed to us by the best club side to grace the league in its existence

other than Spurs away on the last day, we have an entirely winnable slate of fixtures for the remainder of the season, are 10 points and 10 places above the relegation zone with a massively superior goal difference, with many of the clubs in between having to play each other and take points off each other. In what conceivable world are we in trouble lol 

Feel free to come and dig this post up if we go 3 losses from the next 3 league games and get put out of the cup

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, smr said:

Last 25 minutes of the first half we had a real buzz about us. Sub at half time reminded me of the shamble sub at arsenal. Why? Completely took the sting out of our tail. Going 4 at the back made us nervy and awkward looking. 

Frustrating. How can such a tactical error be so obvious to anyone watchig at home yet the man getting paid big money thinks it makes sense?

Exactly this, to lose that 5-1 was completely avoidable. Claude has to put his hands up for this debacle. And just when I was warming to him  :nigel:

They got outclassed no doubt about it but what games like this show you is who's out of place and who looks like they belong when you're playing against top level talent.  Matty James sucked. He couldn't complete a pass. He stood out to me like a sore thumb - and Albrighton wasn't much better.  Too many problems at the back.  They're back to coughing the ball up regularly once pressed...I thought Iborra was helping to solve that....?

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

They got outclassed no doubt about it but what games like this show you is who's out of place and who looks like they belong when you're playing against top level talent.  Matty James sucked. He couldn't complete a pass. He stood out to me like a sore thumb - and Albrighton wasn't much better.  Too many problems at the back.  They're back to coughing the ball up regularly once pressed...I thought Iborra was helping to solve that....?

I think that was out of choice and tactics but it was working (long balls over the top to vardy)... they knit the ball around so quickly and press extremely high so balls over the top was a way to challenge them and imo it was working fine. Then that changed with 4 at the back. It killed our midfield and as they were pressing so high they were completely on top of us. I expect us to go back to passing the ball around against the rest of the premier league though.

14 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

Pardon me for not feeling like the sky is falling in having had our arses handed to us by the best club side to grace the league in its existence

other than Spurs away on the last day, we have an entirely winnable slate of fixtures for the remainder of the season, are 10 points and 10 places above the relegation zone with a massively superior goal difference, with many of the clubs in between having to play each other and take points off each other. In what conceivable world are we in trouble lol 

Feel free to come and dig this post up if we go 3 losses from the next 3 league games and get put out of the cup

Will do, though hope not to. 

Just now, marcymarc666 said:

Let's face it Man City were outstanding.

Best manager, best facilities, best player. I fear for the prem in the next five years because they've bought this success and they're not going to stop buying all the best players in the world. 

Yeah, all that but... they have the worst atmosphere. It was more like a theatre than a football stadium at times today.

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

If we turned up for the matches we would have! Everton away, Swansea at home, Palace at home! There is 8 points! Like I said it was achievable even Kasper said so himself! 

Football is Football,you cant pretend we should of picked up Points where we didnt!!

We are alot better Off than last year. Progress is painfull,but our position proves,we are

making that progress.We looked poor today,because we simply were Out done in all

Departments Technichally and for Space.It makes you Look bad,but they swamped and

Starved us.Silva was Out manouvered.Puel tried another balance,it was needed,but they

Were too good for us, it backfired . 

More so because MC,are better than us, man for man .We arent quite there 

at the Moment,where we can compete for top 5,let alone top 4.

We more than MC,are changing and rebuilding,it seems to me too many so called Fans,

are bending over backwards, to forget this fact, and Out of frustration,forgetting ITS Not

the Individual Games that Count,but If we See Progress,and Young Talent being given

Gametime,which then confirms developement and positives are being Seen over time.

Today, I Seen No positives,filling midfield and having a Back 3,Just didnt work for us today,

But this was Man.city,against any other side If could of worked,and is not Go be pushed Out

or aside. We couldnt get that Chelsea performance going,MC simply were too good on and

Off the Ball...To me ITS Close the book time,it was in the end, a Game we were outclassed.

There is No..yeh but Ifs...we could of should ofs. Man.city turned Up!!! Thats why we looked Bad.

Though Kasper,I have to agree was poor....but I wont Hang him Out to dry.!!

The rest were always ,a Yard behind MC players.so not Just Close the book,but Take it Back

to the library...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, smr said:

Something is going wrong at half time. It was the same vs Swansea. We got sussed out tactically by the other side and lacked the originality to create. 

Lets rip up Sheffield and get our heads together. 

Just got back.... left early I don't care watching that shit.

What was Puel doing at half time. Was he on drugs or something. Not only did he take Silva off but then puts Albrighton central midfield..... he tried that once before and it didn't work.

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Get past the 40+ point mark then just get this season done with....been the first season in years that that its just felt fvcking awful for the majority of it even though we are in a steady position.

Rubbish, this has been a good season. You're just an adrenaline junkie who would rather be in a relegation fight than mid-table 'mediocrity', in the best league in the world

• Like 2

one to forget for us tbh.

second half of the first half we looked good.

man city opened us up gaping wide and bummed us dry second half.

unplayable but **** them man - everything wrong with the PL, that team.

throw money at it until nobody else comes close - yeah, you win shit but winning like that means **** all. it's soulless and that's why the ***** can't even fill their slowly crumbling shit-hole of a ground.