Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FFP Champions 5 - 1

Horrendous second half. Baffling subs and decision making at times.

Schmeichel really needs to have a look at himself after that performance, embarrassing.

Chilwell and James are just not good enough to be regular starters in my opinion, both are useful squad players but we need better.

I can see what Claude wants, but we need a few players in the summer that suit the style of play he wants us to adopt.

We really need to step on the gas in our next 3 league matches to push on for Europe.

It’s a sad day, I never thought that I would see us crumble so easliy... with no need too.... we’ve tried the same thing three times against them, and today it looked so easy at times you could mistake us for a pub team. Like many have said I can see what Puel is doing and personally I like it. However he needs to be supported by the club in the transfer market. Otherwise we will be pissing into the wind again. 

It's not very often I can question Schmeichels attitude but today it appeared as though he simply didn't care. 

Half arsed clearances combined with indecisive goalkeeping resulted in one of the worst performances I've ever seen him have for us. 

No idea why Puel changed things at half time. At the end of the first half we were coming into our own and having good spells of possession in their half but changing from a back 5 to a 4 and moving Albrighton centre mid killed us. 

I never want to see Albrighton playing in the middle of midfield again. 

I felt sorry for Vardy. With the limited service he received he managed to cause them some problems. 

My biggest concern is how inconsistent we are. It's a complete guessing game as to which Leicester side will turn up each week. 

8 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Get past the 40+ point mark then just get this season done with....been the first season in years that that its just felt fvcking awful for the majority of it even though we are in a steady position.

I just feel this is the first season of our decline back to where we belong, a yo-yo club in line with Palace and Southampton. I forsee a slightly uncomfortable 12th finish this season, before a successful relegation survival next year resulting in Puel's sacking. We go down the following season, resulting in another few years in the champ finishing below forest.

Just wait.

• Haha 1

I could understand the Simpson sub to an extent, they were getting in behind Albrighton a lot. We finished the half reasonably well though so could have r probably left it alone for first 15 Mina of the second half. Obviously conceding twice so soon has made the sub look worse. 

We were never in the game really, had 1 chance and scored which kept us in the game first half. De Bruyne’s vision tore us apart. Kasper hasn’t had a good season.

need to get Diabate more of the ball because he can make things happen, anything we did well in the first half came through some nice touches from him. He linked quite well with silva too.  

Move on and finish the season strongly.

The problem with the tactical change was it completely isolated Vardy. It wasn’t pretty by any means but we were getting short spells of possession in the first half. This gave the team a rest and kept Man City from camping in our half. Diabate was doing a great job of being a mid-outball for the defence. Second ball, the ball kept coming straight back - no midfielder like Silva who could drive with the ball twenty yards either. 

There was a spell after our equaliser where we looked very good. Bad passes letting down good openings. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Was actually going to start a thread called "LRI goes into crisis unable to cope with massive rise in knee damage admissions due to sudden movement". Was a wretched, woeful performance but seriously some fans calling for Puel and Appleton out with anywhere between 1 and 9 players being shown the door really is something else. FT must be almost on a par with the Gooners forum yesterday. We lost, we got stuffed and out classed by a team who pretty much do that week in week out. We sit here with some in meltdown while Pep has probably gone to the Citeh board and secured another £150 million to bring in new players because we scored against them . They are a team who pay £50 million for a back up player to the back up player who is the understudy to the first choice player, give most managers £1 billion on top of the most expensive squad in the league and the will also do quite well. For lots of reasons there has been upheaval at the club in recent weeks. We gave them a goal head start in both half's and some of the goals were shockers to concede. Not much put pointing out individuals as they, Puel and the coaching staff know they were poor and some embarrassingly poor. Hindsight is such a gift and could have should have would have always works on reflection. That is gone and yes was a massive let down and the way forward now is to push on and get on in the FA Cup and aim for 7th and really go for it. Then we can look to sort things out in the summer with probably some leaving but the Manager actually bringing in some of his own players in addition to the  lad he brought in for £1.7 million who some on here have been moaning at. £1.7 million is less than an agents cut on some fringe players the lower PL teams bring in. Puel is clearly trying to change the style of play, a style that looks to be positive surely fans can see that. This mauling needs putting to bed and it shows how much we need to sharpen and  improve. We should be best of the rest at the end of the season and lets us where that takes us. 7th hopefully will secure a Europa league spot and winning the FA cup certainly will lets aim for that and look to do a far better fist of it than Everton did this season.

• Like 1

To have any chance against Man City you need your keeper on top form, not to have arguably his worst ever game. That's the frustrating thing, as whilst they're clearly a much better team, they hardly had to play out of their skin to win by a huge margin. 

I had no problem with Simpson replacing Albrighton at right back, but I had a huge one with moving Albrighton to centre mid in place of Silva, especially as we had Iborra on the bench. Very odd, more so as playing Albrighton there in the home game against them also failed badly. 

A word on Man City - whilst they are amazingly effective and possess some superb individual talent, there is something so clinical about them that it can actually be really dull watching them at times. They are almost too perfect. I wonder if this is partly why their fans find it so hard to engage and hence the stadium is mostly silent. Liverpool, partly because of their imperfections, are far more entertaining in my view as they play with a real tempo all through the game. 

2 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Was actually going to start a thread called "LRI goes into crisis unable to cope with massive rise in knee damage admissions due to sudden movement". Was a wretched, woeful performance but seriously some fans calling for Puel and Appleton out with anywhere between 1 and 9 players being shown the door really is something else. FT must be almost on a par with the Gooners forum yesterday. We lost, we got stuffed and out classed by a team who pretty much do that week in week out. We sit here with some in meltdown while Pep has probably gone to the Citeh board and secured another £150 million to bring in new players because we scored against them . They are a team who pay £50 million for a back up player to the back up player who is the understudy to the first choice player, give most managers £1 billion on top of the most expensive squad in the league and the will also do quite well. For lots of reasons there has been upheaval at the club in recent weeks. We gave them a goal head start in both half's and some of the goals were shockers to concede. Not much put pointing out individuals as they, Puel and the coaching staff know they were poor and some embarrassingly poor. Hindsight is such a gift and could have should have would have always works on reflection. That is gone and yes was a massive let down and the way forward now is to push on and get on in the FA Cup and aim for 7th and really go for it. Then we can look to sort things out in the summer with probably some leaving but the Manager actually bringing in some of his own players in addition to the  lad he brought in for £1.7 million who some on here have been moaning at. £1.7 million is less than an agents cut on some fringe players the lower PL teams bring in. Puel is clearly trying to change the style of play, a style that looks to be positive surely fans can see that. This mauling needs putting to bed and it shows how much we need to sharpen and  improve. We should be best of the rest at the end of the season and lets us where that takes us. 7th hopefully will secure a Europa league spot and winning the FA cup certainly will lets aim for that and look to do a far better fist of it than Everton did this season.

Correct. Having read a few threads this morning, I'm off to shower my mind.

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

A word on Man City - whilst they are amazingly effective and possess some superb individual talent, there is something so clinical about them that it can actually be really dull watching them at times. They are almost too perfect. I wonder if this is partly why their fans find it so hard to engage and hence the stadium is mostly silent. Liverpool, partly because of their imperfections, are far more entertaining in my view as they play with a real tempo all through the game. 

Excellent point - Guardiola had a similar thing at Bayern Munich. It became a precession every year

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I just feel this is the first season of our decline back to where we belong, a yo-yo club in line with Palace and Southampton. I forsee a slightly uncomfortable 12th finish this season, before a successful relegation survival next year resulting in Puel's sacking. We go down the following season, resulting in another few years in the champ finishing below forest.

Just wait.

Would you say the glass is half empty....

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Isn't it just par for the course for FT?

I'm surprised anyone gets surprised with some of the rubbish they read on here.

We've just been thrashed by the best team in the land....with Kaspers help I'm not sure that Kasper wearing blinkers is a good idea. Really p!55ed with Puel for playing Mahrez, and the "llets help Manchester City" changes he made by taking defender(s) away from where they were being effective when we were still in the game. The good point about the game was Vardy taking yet another goal from a top 6 team. Diabate looked a bit in awe of Man City and allowed the ball to be picked off his feet. Best forget this one and concentrate on at least hanging on to 8th place.

Generally I like what Puels done with us...but we can't keep having so many negative results, got a feeling Top will be looking at recruitment options if this carries on.

I get that Man City are different class and thrash everyone.

I get that Kasper, for all his heroics for us over the years, had a stinker yesterday. It happens.

I get that we were being overrun and Puel and Appleton wanted to bring in a proven right back, so bringing on Simpson was probably sensible.

What I don't get is why Silva was removed and Albrighton put in central midfield. 

Silva had a good first half and must feel hard done by.

I love Marc Albrighton.  Lifeblood of this club since the great escape, but he isn't a central midfielder.

Are the managers seeing something I'm missing?

Just wait.

You must be a barrel of fun. If we build on some obvious strengths we can be a consistent mid table PL side, maybe a tad more. I know Leicester fans have 'enjoyed' the roller coaster of the last how many years, but some stability in the PL would suit me whilst we develop. 

• Like 2

I think it's more the manner of the defeat thats annoyed everyone. Losing by the odd goal never seems too bad but unfortunately conceding 5 is a good battering and hard to accept. Ultimately puel made odd mistakes, Schmeichel had an absolute rare shocker and our midfield never turned up but man city are insanely good. De bruyne plays passes only everyone else can dream of, simply a joy to watch. 

Let's put this one behind us and look at the more than winnable games coming up 

Just wait.

It was hard to watch and showed the gulf in class between our squad and Man City's but I don't accept that we are 'going back to where we belong'.  There isn't a big team in the Premier League now that wasn't a smaller team at some time in its history.  Small teams can become bigger teams with the right personnel, attitude, vision and finances.  I believe that our owners have the intent to make this club bigger than it currently is, so I see no reason why our past should dictate our future.  For me it's still going to be a struggle, but it's one we can win.  I've waited my whole life to see City as successful as they have been in the recent past and I've no wish to see that end.  Onward and upwards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

To have any chance against Man City you need your keeper on top form, not to have arguably his worst ever game. That's the frustrating thing, as whilst they're clearly a much better team, they hardly had to play out of their skin to win by a huge margin. 

I had no problem with Simpson replacing Albrighton at right back, but I had a huge one with moving Albrighton to centre mid in place of Silva, especially as we had Iborra on the bench. Very odd, more so as playing Albrighton there in the home game against them also failed badly. 

Agree with your point on Man City who are effectively buying the league.

In my lifetime I've seen two periods of domination in the premier league ... Liverpool and then United.

United brought a lot of youth players through such as the class of 1992 but you don't see this with City.

Think what Man City and PSG ( both who appear to be exempt from FFP ) are doing is dangerous for the game

and I don't like it. 

• Like 1

I’ll own up. It was all my fault. First away game this season. I should have stayed home. Won’t happen again. Can I just say Gorton is a shit hole.

As for the game. Pretty much everything’s been said. But I see a steady demise. Mahrez off at end of season, Vardy will probably have an eye on a move too. Iborra will be offski. Will Silva stay if he’s being subbed all the time? Chilwell, Gray, James simply not good enough at this level. Schmeicel will probably fancy a new challenge. Simpson on the decline. Wes and Huth injury prone. Much for Puel to sort. I foresee virtually a new team next season. If he gets it wrong it’ll be back to the Chumpionship for sure.

Sorry about negativity but that’s the way we saw it on drive home.