Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FFP Champions 5 - 1

5 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I just feel this is the first season of our decline back to where we belong, a yo-yo club in line with Palace and Southampton. I forsee a slightly uncomfortable 12th finish this season, before a successful relegation survival next year resulting in Puel's sacking. We go down the following season, resulting in another few years in the champ finishing below forest.

Just wait.

Wow, you’re a real barrel of laughs. Remind me not to come to any of your parties.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

I’ll own up. It was all my fault. First away game this season. I should have stayed home. Won’t happen again. Can I just say Gorton is a shit hole.

As for the game. Pretty much everything’s been said. But I see a steady demise. Mahrez off at end of season, Vardy will probably have an eye on a move too. Iborra will be offski. Will Silva stay if he’s being subbed all the time? Chilwell, Gray, James simply not good enough at this level. Schmeicel will probably fancy a new challenge. Simpson on the decline. Wes and Huth injury prone. Much for Puel to sort. I foresee virtually a new team next season. If he gets it wrong it’ll be back to the Chumpionship for sure.

Sorry about negativity but that’s the way we saw it on drive home.

Blimey, another one!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

To have any chance against Man City you need your keeper on top form, not to have arguably his worst ever game. That's the frustrating thing, as whilst they're clearly a much better team, they hardly had to play out of their skin to win by a huge margin. 

I had no problem with Simpson replacing Albrighton at right back, but I had a huge one with moving Albrighton to centre mid in place of Silva, especially as we had Iborra on the bench. Very odd, more so as playing Albrighton there in the home game against them also failed badly. 

A word on Man City - whilst they are amazingly effective and possess some superb individual talent, there is something so clinical about them that it can actually be really dull watching them at times. They are almost too perfect. I wonder if this is partly why their fans find it so hard to engage and hence the stadium is mostly silent. Liverpool, partly because of their imperfections, are far more entertaining in my view as they play with a real tempo all through the game. 

When you get well and truly thrashed, you should be big enough to take it and give credit to your opponent.  We were missing Sane, Silva, and Mendy and yet still beat you.  Schmeichel had a terrible game, but did it cross your mind to wonder why?  it was because our forwards worked incredibly hard to close your defence including your keeper down.  That is a hallmark of Guardiola's sides.  Kevin De Bruyne was also at his magical best.   You just watched one of the best footballers on the planet.  I think before you moan about your side, you should perhaps give some allowances for the team you just played.

As for Financial Fair Play, Manchester City are profitable - even in the midst of team rebuilding, City returned profits.  Last season City received over £200m in broadcasting income, more that any other club in football.   That's what comes from winning the Premier league, and playing Champions league football

Regarding Leicester, I think you need to evolve from this counter-attacking football with Vardy as sole striker.  makes the best of him, but where does it leave players like Kelechi?  he is a lot better than you know.  

5 minutes ago, Naz said:

That's what comes from winning the Premier league, and playing Champions league football

In a post of absolutely startling condescension and a total lack of self awareness, this sentence takes the biscuit.

8 minutes ago, Naz said:

As for Financial Fair Play, Manchester City are profitable - even in the midst of team rebuilding, City returned profits. 

Ask yourself why that is when your sugar daddy is sponsoring every aspect of you, and why Uefa are investigating.

as for giving credit - they did, but only a fool would argue that at least the third and fourth werent sloppy and unforced defensive errors. You can say pressed all you like, that shouldn't mean letting a shot at your chest go through you (third), or a keeper under minimal pressure (no player within 15 yards) try a pass clearly not on (fourth). 

12 minutes ago, Naz said:

When you get well and truly thrashed, you should be big enough to take it and give credit to your opponent.  We were missing Sane, Silva, and Mendy and yet still beat you.  Schmeichel had a terrible game, but did it cross your mind to wonder why?  it was because our forwards worked incredibly hard to close your defence including your keeper down.  That is a hallmark of Guardiola's sides.  Kevin De Bruyne was also at his magical best.   You just watched one of the best footballers on the planet.  I think before you moan about your side, you should perhaps give some allowances for the team you just played.

As for Financial Fair Play, Manchester City are profitable - even in the midst of team rebuilding, City returned profits.  Last season City received over £200m in broadcasting income, more that any other club in football.   That's what comes from winning the Premier league, and playing Champions league football

Regarding Leicester, I think you need to evolve from this counter-attacking football with Vardy as sole striker.  makes the best of him, but where does it leave players like Kelechi?  he is a lot better than you know.  

Yes OK then must be true and there was me thinking Chelsea won the league last season and us the year before and sure Chelsea were defending champions, you are not an accountant for Carillion by any chance

• Like 1

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/social/raheem-sterling-target-hate-leicester/

Raheem Sterling is a target of hate after Leicester

‘Cheating’ Raheem Sterling

Every week, it seems, the topic of diving in the Premier League winds fans up.

In recent times Tottenham’s Dele Alli has been one of the chief targets for hate.

Alli recently picked up his third booking for diving for the season, and that lead to widespread criticism of the Tottenham star.

But others have been keen to shine on light on Raheem Sterling this weekend, after the Man City forward was labelled a cheat for his antics against Leicester.

With the match tied at 1-1, Sterling went down in the Leicester box.

With his arms stretched out, and a pained look on his face, it was clear that Sterling was searching for a penalty.

The ref, however, waved ‘play on’. But should Sterling have gone in the book for diving?

The ref had a perfect view of the incident. So why didn’t he punish Sterling?

Fans took to social media to blast the Man City and England star.

K. Adz@Vaclad049

Just started watching MOTD, seen Raheem Sterling dive twice to try and win a penalty already. Doubt it will get much coverage. Just like Kane against Liverpool. #Dive

9:04 AM - Feb 11, 2018

See K. Adz's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Michael Harris@harrisjnr156

Sterling’s dive. Wow. Imagine if that was alli or Kane #motd

7:45 AM - Feb 11, 2018

See Michael Harris's other Tweets

David Loyden@Loydenator

Not mentioning Sterling’s mad dive in the box? @GaryLineker strange I’m sure if he wasn’t English the #MatchOfTheDay panel would be dragging him over the coals

10:51 PM - Feb 10, 2018

See David Loyden's other Tweets

Liam J@LiamArsenal92

Watching Match Of The Day and Raheem Sterling is a DISGRACE to the English game, trying to dive. Get up you ****! #MatchOfTheDay

10:50 PM - Feb 10, 2018

See Liam J's other Tweets

saxon71@stuafc71

Sterling dive. is wet

6:39 PM - Feb 10, 2018

See saxon71's other Tweets

Jamie Row@Jamierow89

Blatant dive by Sterling in the box.. Yet no booking.. Shocking refereeing in favour of city again

6:04 PM - Feb 10, 2018

See Jamie Row's other Tweets

Rob Przybylski@bobbyp57

If it’s not a pen then it’s a dive by Sterling so where’s the card ? #MCILEI

6:04 PM - Feb 10, 2018

See Rob Przybylski's other Tweets

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Personally, I think people are making too much of the formation change.

We WERE gonna get mauled in the end, it was a matter of time. Even the first half was wave after wave of home-team pressure. We did amazingly well to go in, equal at half time.

I think Puel/Appleton saw how over-run we were and tried to give us half a chance to get something from the game. It back-fired, but I don't blame them for trying.

Kasper's second half display was also a big factor.

Totally agree mate , excellent post. I'd like to say the kneejerk and ridiculous overreaction  on here is a surprise but sadly it is par for the course! This

Man City are probably  the most complete and entertaining team since the Prem started and they handed us one......Hissy fits, attacking the manager, relegation fears are all contained in psychotic rants from people that quite frankly know the square root of **** all.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Ask yourself why that is when your sugar daddy is sponsoring every aspect of you, and why Uefa are investigating.

as for giving credit - they did, but only a fool would argue that at least the third and fourth werent sloppy and unforced defensive errors. You can say pressed all you like, that shouldn't mean letting a shot at your chest go through you (third), or a keeper under minimal pressure (no player within 15 yards) try a pass clearly not on (fourth). 

UAE sponsorships are a small aspect of Manchester City's revenue. Believe what you want.  The ramblings of the Spanish Football president are nonsense.  PSG may well be sponsored by Qatar, but manchester City are not state sponsored.  We are owned by a private individual who hasn't put money into City for years.  You can believe what you want, but I expect you know from your own experience of winning the title and Champions League football what impact it has on your clubs finances.   

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Sterling always goes over easily against us

I thought the first was a penalty, but the second was a shoulder charge.  He's a slight man.  Feet like lightening.  he goes over easily because he's super quick.

By the way after the league cup tie, between Leicester and Man City might not be a good idea to talk about diving or tackles

I was looking forward to a more interesting second half. Granted, our equalizer was somewhat gifted by Manchester City's defensive error (Laporte, in particular), but I'm not going to take anything away from Vardy's finish. I was hoping for a more open second half, but once more, our players came out of the tunnel completely stunned and unwilling to maintain composure and concentration. Somebody please let me know how often we've squandered a decent position by allowing a quick goal in the opening few minutes of the second half. It's terrible.

Manchester City are in terrific form and I have no problems losing against the best team in the league. But again, it's the manner of defeat that gets me. Sloppy defending, knee-jerk decisions in the back, no cohesion in midfield, no intention of retaining the ball for more than a second or two. Overall, the second half was a succession of utterly cringeworthy moments.

Schmeichel had a nightmare. Probably the first in a long, long time as far as I can remember. He was terrible, his kicking atrocious and sloppy and the pressure by Manchester City got to him in the end. Shame, because he's more than a decent goalkeeper in his prime. He'll bounce back.

As many other fans out there, I still don't see the point in substituting Silva at half-time. He's not up to full speed, but usually lasts 60 to 70 minutes looking at previous matches. Why he had to go and Albrighton, who never in the world is a central midfielder, shifted places, only Puel will ever know. Especially since we've got Iborra rotting on the bench.

Also, why going back to a four-man midfield when the experiment with three centre-backs worked well? We looked rather shaky at the start of the game, but then Maguire, Dragovic and Fuchs found more and more into it. Why break that up?

And lastly... There was absolutely no point in playing Mahrez. What good does it do when you let a player perform against the team that wanted to buy him at the last minute in January and then decided to skip training for a week? I don't see how he deserved that. He contributed nothing up front, a couple of fancy moves on his side and a bit of agility moving into the more central area in midfield, but that was it.

Need to use the FA Cup game to get back to winning ways and regain momentum in the fight for 7th or 6th place.

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Sterling always goes over easily against us

He goes over silly every game. Both him and Alli are the biggest cheats in the league yet nothing is done about it. Probably because they're English. If it was Ronaldo or Suarez the FA would probably ban them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Naz said:

I thought the first was a penalty, but the second was a shoulder charge.  He's a slight man.  Feet like lightening.  he goes over easily because he's super quick.

By the way after the league cup tie, between Leicester and Man City might not be a good idea to talk about diving or tackles

He's a diver mate. As for the last jibe - grow up. Tackles were fine in that game, maguires on foden was fantastic, the injury an unfortunate coincidence - your managers just a whiny little bitch

10 minutes ago, Naz said:

, but I expect you know from your own experience of winning the title and Champions League football what impact it has on your clubs finances.   

I know not enough to spend the GDP of a middling country assembling a squad, yeah. Get some humility, your team are becoming incredibly dislikeable from a position of being the most grounded and the antithesis of north london just a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

I was looking forward to a more interesting second half. Granted, our equalizer was somewhat gifted by Manchester City's defensive error (Laporte, in particular), but I'm not going to take anything away from Vardy's finish. I was hoping for a more open second half, but once more, our players came out of the tunnel completely stunned and unwilling to maintain composure and concentration. Somebody please let me know how often we've squandered a decent position by allowing a quick goal in the opening few minutes of the second half. It's terrible.

Manchester City are in terrific form and I have no problems losing against the best team in the league. But again, it's the manner of defeat that gets me. Sloppy defending, knee-jerk decisions in the back, no cohesion in midfield, no intention of retaining the ball for more than a second or two. Overall, the second half was a succession of utterly cringeworthy moments.

Schmeichel had a nightmare. Probably the first in a long, long time as far as I can remember. He was terrible, his kicking atrocious and sloppy and the pressure by Manchester City got to him in the end. Shame, because he's more than a decent goalkeeper in his prime. He'll bounce back.

As many other fans out there, I still don't see the point in substituting Silva at half-time. He's not up to full speed, but usually lasts 60 to 70 minutes looking at previous matches. Why he had to go and Albrighton, who never in the world is a central midfielder, shifted places, only Puel will ever know. Especially since we've got Iborra rotting on the bench.

Also, why going back to a four-man midfield when the experiment with three centre-backs worked well? We looked rather shaky at the start of the game, but then Maguire, Dragovic and Fuchs found more and more into it. Why break that up?

And lastly... There was absolutely no point in playing Mahrez. What good does it do when you let a player perform against the team that wanted to buy him at the last minute in January and then decided to skip training for a week? I don't see how he deserved that. He contributed nothing up front, a couple of fancy moves on his side and a bit of agility moving into the more central area in midfield, but that was it.

Need to use the FA Cup game to get back to winning ways and regain momentum in the fight for 7th or 6th place.

You've identified the weak points in Leicester's game but not appreciated why your midfield and defence lost possession.They were forced errors.  Schmeichel probably never has to worry about being closed down, and his distribution is not important in most games.  Against City, if you try and play it out, you have to be very very good on the ball

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Personally, I think people are making too much of the formation change.

We WERE gonna get mauled in the end, it was a matter of time. Even the first half was wave after wave of home-team pressure. We did amazingly well to go in, equal at half time.

I think Puel/Appleton saw how over-run we were and tried to give us half a chance to get something from the game. It back-fired, but I don't blame them for trying.

Kasper's second half display was also a big factor.

Why oh why did we persist with trying to pass it through them, the only glimmer of hope was when Kasper was kicking the ball forward and we pressed the ball in their half which we did 10 minutes from the end of the first half, in the second half we went back to the passing it out from the back again. I think this may have been Puels instruction and Kasper was frustrated, all guesswork of course

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He's a diver mate. As for the last jibe - grow up. Tackles were fine in that game, maguires on foden was fantastic, the injury an unfortunate coincidence - your managers just a whiny little bitch

I know not enough to spend the GDP of a middling country assembling a squad, yeah. Get some humility, your team are becoming incredibly dislikeable from a position of being the most grounded and the antithesis of north london just a couple of years ago.

I've given you the facts about Manchester City's spending.  That was Foden's first game back.  You may think that tackle was fine, I thought it was a terrible tackle, as was the tackle on Sane at Cardiff a few days back.  You may think these types of tackles are acceptable, but when players miss out on champions league and what maybe once in a lifetime opportunities then something has to be said.  It's a manager's job to whine when the referees are not doing their job.  I don't think teams try and kick Manchester City off the pitch, but sometimes the tackles cross the mark 

As for humility, the only reason I commented on this board was because I felt some of the comments about manchester City and your own team were way out of line.  Leciester City are a good footballing side that came up against an outstanding side.  You have to give credit to your opponent when that happens.  That's all I basically wanted to say.   Your comments about city's finance are ill-informed.  City spend massively but then when players like Sanchez want £500k a week, or leicester want £95m for mahrez, then what do you do?  Manchester City didn't do those deals, but the football transfer market is crazy.  You can blame Man City if you want but we all know why.  It's because of the huge amount of money that's been pumped into the game.  manchester City spend very well.  The team is proof of it.  The teams that panic and spend £500k pw on wages and massive agents fees are the ones that lose out.

12 minutes ago, Naz said:

You've identified the weak points in Leicester's game but not appreciated why your midfield and defence lost possession.They were forced errors.  Schmeichel probably never has to worry about being closed down, and his distribution is not important in most games.  Against City, if you try and play it out, you have to be very very good on the ball

I acknowledge the pressure put on our midfield and defenders, but you can't maintain that effort for an entire game. Even in the pockets where we had the time and comfort to make sensible decisions on the ball, it went straight back to a player in a light blue shirt. That is rather unforgivable.

We look like a team you successfully managed to shake up with your ludicrous attempt at high-jacking our most talented player.

Coupled with a few players that love a good dive (Sterling, wtf) and the atrocious home support, I'm losing a bit of sympathy for Manchester City. I loved your ascension through the leagues when you were in Division Two some twenty years ago and the manner by which you won the title in 2011/2012.

Edited by MC Prussian

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He goes over silly every game. Both him and Alli are the biggest cheats in the league yet nothing is done about it. Probably because they're English. If it was Ronaldo or Suarez the FA would probably ban them.

he went over in the box 2nd half because he was shoulder charged from the side.  It wasn't a penalty, but of course a little chap like Sterling was going to go over when hit like that.   i thought it was a pen on Sterling in the 1st half.  His feet were caught even if it appeared unintentional.

1 minute ago, Naz said:

he went over in the box 2nd half because he was shoulder charged from the side.  It wasn't a penalty, but of course a little chap like Sterling was going to go over when hit like that.   i thought it was a pen on Sterling in the 1st half.  His feet were caught even if it appeared unintentional.

If you want a penalty for that then there will be 5 penalties a game. It was a dive.

All Pep does it moan about other teams when your lot are just as bad. De Brunye fouls all the time and gets away with it. 

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Naz said:

You can debate the first one as much as you like as every one will have a different opinion even professional pundits and referees but what you can't dispute is the tackle did nothing to produce the contorted face, out stretched arms and theatrical fall/dive.

• Like 1