Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sheffield United Pre Match

9 hours ago, Ricey said:

Why are most people picking Jakupovic? A keeper who clearly hasn't impressed anyone at the club.

Because picking the guy who played the previous 3 cups matches is an easy pick. It's not really a "why" question, more of a he has so he probably will.

9 hours ago, Ricey said:

Why are most people picking Jakupovic? A keeper who clearly hasn't impressed anyone at the club.

I know Kaspar had a 'mare on Saturday, but he is by far and away our best goalkeeper. He doesn't need resting, so play him and give ourselves the best chance we can of winning the match.

Kasper should play he needs to get that last game out of his system and get some confidence back.

• Like 2

Trying to rattle my brain to get our best squad, and all I can think of to fit them all in is like a 433 or 442 diamond.

Schmeichel

Amartey          Dragovic          Maguire          Chilwell

Iborra

Ndidi                  Silva

Mahrez

Vardy          Iheanacho

Leaves us lacking in width, but I think this is our technically most gifted side available. In my mind, I want to keep playing Diabate,but his position completely clashes with Mahrez, so we can't really play both unless one plays centrally and one on the right.

• Like 1

Vardy and Mahrez were the spine our offense.

But that era is passing. I want to see Ian, Barnes, Diabate and Gray again.

Kasper

Amartey Maguire Drag Fuchs

Ndidi Silva

Diabate Gray Barnes

Ian

I'd stick in Hamza only because he looks good in PL2 and I want to see how he'd do in a couple of levels further up.

Edited by Foxxed

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

Trying to rattle my brain to get our best squad, and all I can think of to fit them all in is like a 433 or 442 diamond.

Schmeichel

Amartey          Dragovic          Maguire          Chilwell

Iborra

Ndidi                  Silva

Mahrez

Vardy          Iheanacho

Leaves us lacking in width, but I think this is our technically most gifted side available. In my mind, I want to keep playing Diabate,but his position completely clashes with Mahrez, so we can't really play both unless one plays centrally and one on the right.

I want some of what you're smoking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Impossible. That’d be too much natural quality for a Leicester side ?

Agree. We need an element of 'hoofing' in there somewhere.

This is more the squad is be expecting rather than want...

Jakupovic, Amartey, Benny, Dragovic, Fuchs, Gray, iborra, Silva, Barnes, Diabate, Iheanacho. 

Subs - Hamer, chilwell, N'didi, Maguire, Vards, James, Mahrez. 

But would love to see Huth play some part. May see Morgan if he's alive and managed to get his stair lift installed at his house. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Kasper

Amartey

Dragovic

Maguire

Fuchs

Ndidi

Silva

Mahrez

Kelechi

Diabate

Vardy

Love the idea of Mahrez and Diabate in the same side. I have Diabate starting on the left but give them license to interchange and float and we could see some lovely stuff.

Edited by eddylcfc

Kasper

Amartey Maguire Dragovic Fuchs

Iborra Silva

Mahrez Okazaki Gray

Nacho

No need for Benny unless we have injury concerns,would be nice to see Huth or Morgan back on the bench

Okazaki hasn't played much and we generally play better with him in the team, I think Nacho would benefit from being the main striker with Okazaki working his balls off behind him. Mahrez needs to get this nonsense behind him and back to playing, Gray deserves more game time and Kasper needs to put Man City game behind him.

Iborra and Silva would be my choice, but happy with Ndidi or James in there or any combination of the 4. Okazaki's work rate will help out the midfield, so happy to rest Ndidi for this one. Mixture of youth and experience on the bench, Vardy, Diabate, Barnes, Hamza, Chilwell, Huth/Morgan/Simpson, Hamer/Jakupovic.

49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I would certainly expect Dan Amartey to feature tonight.

Have a feeling it's going to be a good game this one.

Friday night Col?

yep I think he will. It will be a mixed team some first team some fringes and some youth I suspect 

as long as we get through I don’t mind however Sheffield United will be well up for this with nothing to lose

I expect a very tough game  

Too many painful historical defeats to lesser lights in this trophy, don't want another.

I trust in Puel, he'll pick what he thinks is the best team for the club at this time. 

Get through this round and there's guaranteed to be a few very beatable teams left in the next round.

Please just win.

I’d go with:

Jakupovic (perfectly capable and better than Hamer imo), Amartey (harshly dropped), Huth (want him to get some game time), Maguire, Fuchs (in better form than Chilwell), Diabate (another chance to shine), Silva (keep the game time coming), Iborra (hasn’t played for a while), Mahrez (the ideal game to bed him back in and get all the fans back on his side), Iheanacho (keep up the FA Cup golscoring), Vardy (want our strongest players out, plus he’s in very good form and we only have 2 fit strikers anyway!)

A strong side to beat a championship side at home and we need a win and good performance to get confidence back up after recent weeks

• Like 1