Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sheffield United Pre Match

On 10/02/2018 at 20:41, oxtonfox said:

This is a * hit or bust game now. Lets put our best foot forward shall we. Strongest team though would be OK with Jakopuvic in goal, Amartey at right back. Happy enough with Gray as long as he don't spit his dummy out, Iborra's calmness on the ball but would like to see Mahrez made captain and put the onus squarely on his shoulders now to do something after the shenanigans of the last fortnight.  

****ing hell...Mahrez captain! 

He’s a leader of men and has all the attributes a club captain should have.... fair, even tempered, loyal? 

If  this were to happen (and I do understand it’s not impossible) we may as well chuck it in.

The game / club will have totally lost sight of the values of the sport, and it’s value as a team game.

Deary me; yes let’s reward bad behaviour....that makes sense.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I think a good few of posters on here don’t watch the games tbf ??‍♂️

(Re: Chilwell being put in as a starter)

But they watched it on the telly so they must be right, 

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

You'd rather have Fuchs playing effectively as a wing back? I want whatever you're smoking.

Wing back in a 433 or 442? 

7 minutes ago, red5 said:

But they watched it on the telly so they must be right, 

Wing back in a 433 or 442? 

Yes, have you ever seen Spurs play? Their wing backs are often higher than their wingers in a 4231. We're limited though, full back is our weakest position.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

****ing hell...Mahrez captain! 

He’s a leader of men and has all the attributes a club captain should have.... fair, even tempered, loyal? 

If  this were to happen (and I do understand it’s not impossible) we may as well chuck it in.

The game / club will have totally lost sight of the values of the sport, and it’s value as a team game.

Deary me; yes let’s reward bad behaviour....that makes sense.

Given he was captain for a game less than a month ago, it's not that outlandish.

Schmeichel 

Fuchs

Dragovic

Maguire

Simpson

Diabate

Silva

Ndidi

Mahrez

Iheanacho

Vardy

Bench: Hamer, Amartey, Gray, Albrighton, Okazaki, Iborra and Chillwell.

Take it fvcking seriously.

14 hours ago, Corky said:

Given he was captain for a game less than a month ago, it's not that outlandish.

Erm...he’s gone AWOL and broken his contract since.

Does not that mean anything in terms of his commitment to the club? 

Surely commitment and wanting to play for the club is a prerequisite before being given the captain’s armband ffs? 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Corky said:

Was that the last game he started. :whistle: :riyad:

Tbf, what is our strongest midfield atm?  I''m not sure its decided on by fans or Puel, so whatever mid field he picks will be a competitive one I believe

Up front we will have Nacho and/or Vardy, so no complaints there

CD is probably the only area where we may play something definitely weaker, but I dont think it will be bad. Only Benny who I actually think is alright its just that he's a bomb-scare

Also keeper.  But everyone has been moaning about Kasper anyway, sooo

Overall my point is I dont think there is a chance he will put out something that could be called a second string team, bar Vardy and Mahrez potentially not starting