Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Vardy miles too good for City

If he had gone to Arsenal when he had the chance we would all have been gutted, no one more so than me.

He must be given credit for staying at the club which gave him the chance to shine, but  I fear it has come at great cost to himself.

There are no ifs or buts he is the number 1 of all time in City's hall of fame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No he's not.

I like Vardy and he is one of my favourite LCFC players ever. I always defended him on here when he was struggling.

His record is good but he isn't as clinical as a proper finisher. Arsenal's style of play wouldn't have suited him.

We've had some great players at this club why do we have to constantly try and pick a number one.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

you really think Vardy isn a proper finisher? Arsenal style play wouldnt have suited him?

We would  must be on different universes, if he had gone gone to Arsenal they would have changed their style to suit him, its  a no brainer

If City supplied Vardy with as many chances as Spurs supply Kane, Vardy would be Englands Number1, going into Russia

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Vardy's had a great time of it with us.

Arsenal have gone into sharp decline since he's been at Leicester. If Man City or Chelsea came knockin fair enough but he wouldnt right the wrongs at the Emirates.

He's gained with us and more. He'd have settled for that in the summer of 2013

8 minutes ago, treer said:

you really think Vardy isn a proper finisher? Arsenal style play wouldnt have suited him?

We would  must be on different universes, if he had gone gone to Arsenal they would have changed their style to suit him, its  a no brainer

If City supplied Vardy with as many chances as Spurs supply Kane, Vardy would be Englands Number1, going into Russia

Not at all.

Vardy works for us, we work for Vardy, I honestly think we suit each other, if he went to another team they wouldn't, couldn't play to his strengths.

We're perhaps a little too one dimensional, we struggle to find other solutions, we havn't. I think we do rely on it too much and I fear when he's finished because I think we could look a little clueless and lost without him, it'll need a massive change in style when he's gone.

10 minutes ago, treer said:

Sir Shep, you don't have to give up any winners medals you have, just because of a transfer

If he'd have left you'd get idiots booing him. Players cannot win at times. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, treer said:

Sir Shep, you don't have to give up any winners medals you have, just because of a transfer

You may call me Shep, and I didn’t say that, my point is I get the impression he actually likes little old Leicester and moving to the Arse won’t do him any good other than even more fan boys going nuts at him! Anyway he’ll play more games with us. 

I actually tend to agree. I am beginning to think he probably is a little too good for us. 

However the only club club that has come in for him is arsenal, and frankly I think he’s better off with us than arsenal. He’ll play games here and based on how they’re playing he’s just as likely to win another trophy here too. If a Man City or Man United came in for him then, although I’d be gutted, I’d say he should go.

All that being said I get the impression he loves being here and has a lot of affection for the club. He strikes me as someone that just loves playing football (which he’s all but guaranteed at Leicester) and is grateful for everything. If he didn’t love playing for Leicester he has had plenty of opportunities to manufacture a move. 

In my opinion hes our our most legendary player. He sums up our title winning campaign and what we came to represent. I love the guy. 

Edited by rn9013

1 minute ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

The madness above is crazy 

people happy to see Vardy leave for man shity or manure 

im going to bed before I explode 

:nigel:

I think there’s a difference between being happy he would leave (I don’t think anyone has said they’d be happy with it) and accepting a player would want to leave for a team that is likely to dominate English football for the next few years and one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Bonkers. 

Arsenal have for years been guilty of over egging and trying to put a chance on a plate methodically rather than playing off the cuff instinctively. Had Vardy joined would they start playing the early ball, a hit and hope that might reach him or might not or maybe mix that in with their usual game? I think not but much like his England career his decent finishing and positioning around the box would represent good value and be better than most but without utilising him fully you could see him becoming non integral and benched then becoming another Franny Jeffers. Wenger is a text book coach whilst Vardy is a Roy of the Rovers footballer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Royston. said:

We don't/can't play to his strengths and it is he having to adapt.

Top of his game he is clinical but he has fúck all service and few chances.

Agree - in the title winning season there was probably an average of five or six touches between us winning the ball and him scoring mainly due to Kante nicking balls which the opposition didn't expect to lose. Under Puel it's many more touches from everyone. Best bet nowadays seems to be Albrighton slipping in balls midway between Vardy and the keeper rather than straight balls from deep midfield (Drinky Drinky where for art thou Drinky)!