Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeattleShane

Why are people clapping Mahrez?

8 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Puel isn’t going to comment is he really.

Yes their probably is some truth in some of the comments coming out, but the fake news is, the truth is he’s gutted, have a little bit of truth, lie and blow the truth out of all proportion to sell papers, get viewers.

Mahrez is human, and has every right to feel however he does, and is disappointed a move to a big club, who is going to win a lot fell through.

Depression is a serious illness, and shouldn’t be taken lightly, do you know mahrez, has he had issues before, yes we all know how football works, but to say he wasn’t depressed is a bold statement to make

You don’t recover from depression in a week! 

Anyway the point I make is you said all the stuff about Mahrez was ‘fake news’.

Ie,

You believe his version of events despite the manager stating in press conferences that he didn’t know where he was or when he would turn up.

The clincher being it took a week for him to distance himself from the ‘depression’ report, which if not coming from Mahrez he would have done immediately.

Hes a total twat, come to terms with it.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 3

Puel seems to think he is top class.

Puel said afterwards: "The most important thing is that he came back to the training session, to the game.

"I said it was important he came back quickly so he could come straight back into the squad and of course we are stronger with our best player.

"He got on the pitch and worked hard. He showed he had a good fitness. Now it is important to look forward and put this behind us, with the next games coming up."

53 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Cos we stick by our own , we eat cobs and they eat rolls , we drink tiger they drink ale , we go to war in our villages over an empty barrel , our canals flow up hills , we have more neighbours than any other county, we have pork pies as roundabouts , we are a unique people in this county and when the world expects us to show hate , we show love and appriciation , cos we are different 

I respect those that boo’d but I love each and everyone of my fellow foxes that clapped 

we are Leicester

Feel left out here,supported Leicester probably 35 years and have no connections to the county.

what is a hill?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You don't recover from depression, you find coping mechanisms, that does mean things can trigger it and sometimes it lasts hours, days, weeks before you can get your head straight and see clearly again.

The Mahrez is depressed comment was not an official quote and should be ignored as should all of the other crap that has been spouted in the press. That doesn't mean he wasn't depressed (really sad), suffering a bout of depression or just being a petulant shit. We don't know, what we do know is he is one of ours and we should support him.

• Like 1

Grown men standing in a crowd and boo'ing must be the cringiest in the world anyway - but at Mahrez? Our best ever player? If you did that yesterday you need to grow up, seriously. 

Top tier yesterday proved we have some right dickhead fans you know. 

Edited by Manini

1 hour ago, Bozman said:

Some people can't bring themselves to face the truth,( made up me media shit indeed...) 

He should never be allowed to put on a first team Leicester shirt again.

The owners ought to go the whole hog and make him play  on the bench with reserves for the next two and a half years, playing him last night was a smack in the face to every city supporter

His attitude stinks I for one can't wait for him to leave... 

That's why you post here and they own the club.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Booing him will do no good, moan about him on here, other forums, down the pub, at home- at the ground either back him or don't acknowledge him.

An in-form Mahrez makes us a much better team- boo him next season if he plays against us.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

He handed a transfer request in, which he's done previously. That's it. The rest is made up media shit to try and make a story out of nothing. 

So he never missed a training session?

He traveled to Everton?

was also at the KP for Swansea ?

I personally think your missing a few things out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Manini said:

Grown men standing in a crowd and boo'ing must be the cringiest in the world anyway - but at Mahrez? Our best ever player? If you did that yesterday you need to grow up, seriously. 

I would not boo him but the sooner hes gone the better. Cringy as well is you saying people with a different oppinion to yourself need to grow up.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

I would not boo him but the sooner hes gone the better. Cringy as well is you saying people with a different oppinion to yourself need to grow up.

Nope I said the cringey bit was grown men physically boo'ing another grown man. 

25 minutes ago, Manini said:

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Nope I said the cringey bit was grown men physically boo'ing another grown man. 

Really I read

" I you did that yesterday you need to go up, seriously"

What's the point of having him back if we're just going to show him hostility?

Mahrez has earned enough good will here for this episode to swept under the carpet. Lets enjoy him and get the most out of him whilst he's here as he's 95% likely to be gone in the summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Really I read

" I you did that yesterday you need to go up, seriously"

Yeah if they physically stood there and ****ing boo'd - I've got no problem with people disagreeing with me and I understand why people are upset with Mahrez but 1. What good will boo'ing him do? And 2. You look like an absolute weapon while doing it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Cos we stick by our own , we eat cobs and they eat rolls , we drink tiger they drink ale , we go to war in our villages over an empty barrel , our canals flow up hills , we have more neighbours than any other county, we have pork pies as roundabouts , we are a unique people in this county and when the world expects us to show hate , we show love and appriciation , cos we are different 

I respect those that boo’d but I love each and everyone of my fellow foxes that clapped 

we are Leicester

Over everything that has happened and been said,this is what matters above all else We are Leicester.I personally will be forever grateful for Mahrez contribution to winning the League,can't fault him for his footballing ability and every time he plays in our colours I will support him, but now for me as a person I think he's a T*sser.

I think we forget sometimes that these lads who play for us have no emotional link to Leicester,where We are Leicester 100% of the time,they are only Leicester for the 90 mins they are on the pitch.

All that matters is what is best for our team Leicester City FC so if he is chosen (whether you agree or not) to put that shirt on and play in our team we've got to get behind him surely?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozman said:

Some people can't bring themselves to face the truth,( made up me media shit indeed...) 

He should never be allowed to put on a first team Leicester shirt again.

The owners ought to go the whole hog and make him play  on the bench with reserves for the next two and a half years, playing him last night was a smack in the face to every city supporter

His attitude stinks I for one can't wait for him to leave... 

First of all, playing him last night was not a smack to every supporter. We all clapped him. We were the ones that paid and travelled up. Did you go?

I'm glad you don't own the club because paying a player 100k a week to sit on the bench or play in the reserves is stupid. We minds well have sold him.

Some of our legends have had "poor attitudes". Kieth Weller, City legend with his name around the ground, put in a transfer request and also refused to play. What about that? Or do you not consider him a legend?

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

First of all, playing him last night was not a smack to every supporter. We all clapped him. We were the ones that paid and travelled up. Did you go?

I'm glad you don't own the club because paying a player 100k a week to sit on the bench or play in the reserves is stupid. We minds well have sold him.

Some of our legends have had "poor attitudes". Kieth Weller, City legend with his name around the ground, put in a transfer request and also refused to play. What about that? Or do you not consider him a legend?

This, I look forward to having a drink in the Riyad Mahrez Suite in 20 years time

(although probably not appropriate as he's a devout muslim)

• Like 1

I wouldn't boo him but won't be sorry to see him go at a proper transfer price. Why should City lose him at a knock down price just because one of the bigger clubs want to bully us into letting him go? Well done to the Thais for holding out for a more realistic valuation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Anyway the point I make is you said all the stuff about Mahrez was ‘fake news’.

Ie,

You believe his version of events despite the manager stating in press conferences that he didn’t know where he was or when he would turn up.

The clincher being it took a week for him to distance himself from the ‘depression’ report, which if not coming from Mahrez he would have done immediately.

Hes a total twat, come to terms with it.

I don’t completely believe his version, and do I believe he sulked, probably did, but do I believe all the hype and bollocks, and the way it was blown out of proportion in the press, no I don’t.

Do I believe the truth lies somewhere in between, probably yes.

I can see mahrez sulking, along the lines of telling the club he’s pissed off that two windows they have out priced a move, after making a reported agreement to let him leave at a certain price 

The club then probably didn’t want a player sulking around the team, tell him to get himself together, have a cooling off period, come back work hard until the summer, I’m guessing puel either knew where he was, and didn’t want to poke the flames in the press, or the owners/ board room managed it, via mahrez rep.

Either way, I am not hating on mahrez because I don’t know the facts, if you can categorically say and back up with facts that he went on strike, said all the things his alleged friend leaked, and has behaved like a complete arse, then I might agree, but I try not to judge people through Chinese whispers, but with facts.

Nobody knows what the true facts are, so as he still wears a Leicester shirt, I’m prepared to ignore the drama, and back him if he gives 100% for the team and fans.

Also I do know a lot about mental health, and usually no it’s hard to shake off depression in a week, but do you know how mahrez is feeling, depressed people can hide their true feelings, pretend everything is ok, so unless you know mahrez, I would say you insinuating he faked it, which is your opinion, but I wouldn’t be so quick to jump to conclusions, and judge people, as he’s still human, and has feelings, and things affect people in different ways, even the privileged, spoilt footballers

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I’m a fickle football fan. I don’t like Mahrez, but he’s not my mate, so that’s irrelevant. I’m a Leicester fan and as soon as he plays he becomes part of that collective team, not an individual. To create a toxic atmosphere for our team won’t harm Mahrez, he’ll be off as soon as possible, so we need to get behind them when they are on the pitch.

The way Mahrez was smirking and talking to Benjamin Mendy behind his hands for a while, after the game yesterday, was annoying and rightly or wrongly seemed to sum it up for me. It certainly didn’t endear me to him witnessing that first hand at the ground. 

I don’t buy that this fiasco was all fake news regarding the way he has conducted himself. He seems in my opinion to be selfish, arrogant and with the whole football world needing to revolve around him. My daughter was fortunate enough to be mascot recently and went into the changing room before the game. Every player was fantastic.....apart from Mahrez. Birch takes you round getting all the player’s autographs. I thought Mahrez hadn’t heard at first because he had to be asked a couple of times to sign. He was watching the TV and eventually without even taking his eyes off the TV just signed silently, totally ignoring my daughter. What an absolute w*****.

I’m grateful for all he’s done for us, and will get behind him on the pitch. And help us win the The FA Cup Riyad and I’ll be even more grateful. Then in the summer just **** off.

Interesting insight.

Good to know the bloke is all I have thought he is all along even before this latest episode.

A completely selfish arsehole.

The laughable thing is; some people on here will claim you got him on a bad day or you are making it up! 

• Like 2