Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeattleShane

Why are people clapping Mahrez?

33 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

why does that matter? or are you just going to prove my point that you’re claiming they were better than mahrez just cos it happened ages ago so you can belittle modern day football etc? probably that, isn’t it. 

as has been pointed out by matt, these are some of the better players from our history. but our history isn’t really that good. it’s one thing someone like keith weller being the best player for a bottom half premier league club, it’s another altogether riyad mahrez being the best player for the best team in the land and one of the best players in the world. 

but sure something about being old will be a strong counter argument. 

Age is only relevant in that it means you didn't see them play - wait and see what any of the posters that did have to say.

A few old clips from MOTD is all you or MattP have seen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I'd rather have Mahrez here at Leicester than not. We all know his ability and his match-winning capabilities.

Yes, he has been an utter fool but let's move on - he's still a Leicester City player, thankfully.

Totally agree with this we will win more games with him than without.

18 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Agreed.

Difffent game then, but much harder to be a skilful player and not get regularly kicked all over the pitch - they took it , didn't moan and as I remember KW, could give it out as well when needed. 

17 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Agreed.

Difffent game then, but much harder to be a skilful player and not get regularly kicked all over the pitch - they took it , didn't moan and as I remember KW, could give it out as well when needed. 

Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Have you got Palilalia? 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He was a major part in helping us win the top flight title. I'll always clap all of that team.

I'm pleased with the reception he recieved yesterday. There were a couple of idiots a few rows back from me that booed but majority clapped.

I wouldn't necessarily call them idiots. I was talking to someone when this all kicked off and I said that I wouldn't boo him personally, I would never boo anyone who has played for us and done good things, but I certainly can understand why people are. However, it is wrong to boo your own players. 

39 minutes ago, Buce said:

Age is only relevant in that it means you didn't see them play - wait and see what any of the posters that did have to say.

The old boys I've asked generally come down 50/50. 

I'm going on actual evidence though of what we have.

If these guys really were as talented as Mahrez how come they didn't win titles, sign for the best clubs that were about or even be regulars in their own international squads? 

Time is kind to people's memories. Very few people knew that weller handed a transfer request and refused to play.

People seem to not know the difference between the "bigger legend" and the "best player". Imo, kante and mahrez are the 2 best players in the history of this football club when you consider their ability and personal and team achievments.

Just ask yourself, if you had to lineup every leicester player ever and you had the chance to choose just 2 players to add to your fantasy team, riyad and n'golo are the first 2 players to be picked.

People can't say that a player is the best ever after he declares that he doesn't want to be here anymore because that's a reminder that leicester isn't a big club. it's too much for their egos to handle.

While most of the players were sh*ting themselves and couldn't manage a pass vs man city, riyad was taking the piss......

ezgif-4-24a00aafdc.gif

ezgif-4-fb3e077764.gif

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

i’m not even going on that, i’m going on the fact that they didn’t win us the league, nobody outside of leicester has ever heard of them and they didn’t get much recognition outside of filbert street. 

weller, worthington, izzet, etc etc are great leicester city players, mahrez is a great player in world football. that’s the difference. 

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

The old boys I've asked generally come down 50/50. 

I'm going on actual evidence though of what we have.

If these guys really were as talented as Mahrez how come they didn't win titles, sign for the best clubs that were about or even be regulars in their own international squads? 

Because.....wait for it !!!!!   

They played for Leicester City..  Go Out your was and find clippings from the then top

Club Managers,and Joe Mercer,None could believe these players,including some other

Club's players,we're not accumalating Caps,with at least 20,behind each one.

Weller

Worthington.

Mercer among many,even stated after He,didnt carry  on,it would be criminal,If they were ignored.

And we should play,players in Form and away,from top known Teams.

Clough and Revie,even should Out loud,the above 2 should be Squad automatic choices. 

Both admired Cross,Whitworth and Rofe,who should of been given international airings.

Thankfully despite criticism, Southgate and Hodgson before him,did Look Deeper ,than

some predecessors.

Also at the time,many Fan bases,including ones,who we're Not favourable to City,

were backing the City 3 Ws, for more England Caps.The mirror and Express,did a few

Stat Reports,where Weller + Wortho,were favourites from other Clubs Fans,including

then Derby and Forest.

Upto quite a few yrs ago,I kept the clippings,then AS I stayed more overseas,have them

sent Over to the City offices,to a wonderful Lady...forgot  her Name now..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

i’m not even going on that, i’m going on the fact that they didn’t win us the league, nobody outside of leicester has ever heard of them and they didn’t get much recognition outside of filbert street. 

weller, worthington, izzet, etc etc are great leicester city players, mahrez is a great player in world football. that’s the difference. 

Sorry, but Weller ,Wortho we're Well known in and Out of England fanbases .It seems you need to get a 

yourself a Life Out of England,and speak to other Fans.

vardy been with leicester for more than worthington, he played 16 less games and scored 3 more (according to wikipedia). he won the league and played in the champions league. the only reason you would put frank over vardy is because of nostalgia.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 3

and yeah, about weller. he played 262 games from 1971 to 1978 with leicester and scored 37 goals.  (according to wikipedia)

his honers are 

Chelsea

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1971

Fort Lauderdale Strikers

Soccer Bowl: 1980 (runner-up)

Fort Lauderdale Sun

USL Championship: 1984

as for mahrez, the most talented player in this club ever. he played 147 game from 2014 to now. and scored 38 goals in the league+CL (1 more than weller in 115 less games) even though weller played sometimes as a forward and we are not counting mahrez's creativity 

his honers are

• Leicester City

•  

Premier League: 2015–16[37]

Football League Championship: 2013–14[18]

•  

Individual

Premier League PFA Team of the Year: 2015–16[34]

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2015–16[35]

PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2016[79]

Leicester City Player of the Year: 2015–16[80]

BBC African Footballer of the Year: 2016[42]

Lion d'Or African Footballer of the Year: 2016[83][84]

CAF African Footballer of the Year: 2016[85]

CAF Team of the Year: 2016[86]

same with worthington vs vardy, it's just nostalgia

Edited by the fox
  • Like 3

you may now ask," what about muzzy?" and i will tell about it. according to wikipedia, 1 less goal than mahrez in 113 more games. his biggest leicester achievements with the club are:

Leicester City

Winner

Runner-up

First Division: 2002–03

Individual[edit]

compaired to mahrez winning the league and THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. it's like people are taking the piss!

Edited by the fox

14 minutes ago, the fox said:

vardy been with leicester for more than worthington, he played 16 less games and scored 3 more. he won the league and played in the champions league. the only reason you would put frank over vardy is because of nostalgia.

No,Individual Skill Level,

but that t said Vardy is the man who brought that Trophy home.

So even,after all my Years,Weller Wortho stay in my top 5 favourites,

But the best ever Team,including ice-kings,Mon years,Pearsons years,

The title year was,the best team ever,in our 132yr history.

I wont complicate the issue,That title year cancelled Out great moments,but Not to

be forgotten great memories,that gave us the non-comparable promised Land,

that rewrote the Moments and memories,that initself created its own book of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

No,Individual Skill Level,

but that t said Vardy is the man who brought that Trophy home.

So even,after all my Years,Weller Wortho stay in my top 5 favourites,

But the best ever Team,including ice-kings,Mon years,Pearsons years,

The title year was,the best team ever,in our 132yr history.

I wont complicate the issue,That title year cancelled Out great moments,but Not to

be forgotten great memories,that gave us the non-comparable promised Land,

that rewrote the Moments and memories,that initself created its own book of them.

you mate, i get it. i'm not arguing who's the bigger legend here. because the "legend" statue is not just about what you do on the pitch. it's about longevity, likeability and many other things.

as far as the best players ever (purley on ability) i have kante, mahrez and vardy as top 3. but that's just me and i'm talking about the current era. 

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

you may now ask," what about muzzy?" and i will tell about it. 1 less goal than mahrez in 113 more games. his biggest leicester achievements with the club are:

Leicester City

Winner

Runner-up

First Division: 2002–03

Individual[edit]

compaired to mahrez winning the league and THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. it's like people are taking the piss!

It seems you are very,very plastic and Just dont understand the base-line Spirit of Football.

Stats,never cancel Out the Ethos,the Character,the history of it all,Not either the sum of.

Just to be facetious,and obstroculous,let me say..

1 year of absolute ecstasy,doesnt cancel Out 131 years of pure badluck and b*stard refs,

The 6 swans, the tights,the fights,the Goals,only the radio,alot of ICE the Buff,and,and ,and!!! 

Now make fking stats for that,this and those...

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It seems you are very,very plastic and Just dont understand the base-line Spirit of Football.

Stats,never cancel Out the Ethos,the Character,the history of it all,Not either the sum of..

you are the one who can't differentiate between the "bigger legend" and the "better player".

i can't help you with that. it's your problem.

Just now, the fox said:

you are the one who can't differentiate between the "bigger legend" and the "better player".

i can't help you with that. it's your problem.

Help...I Gotta problem. Cos I have Differentiation difficulties...

Now there's discrimination for ya....:whistle::P

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Help...I Gotta problem. Cos I have Differentiation difficulties...

Now there's discrimination for ya....:whistle::P

here's a simple solution. ask yourself...

which players have more world wide reputation? it's mahrez and vardy.  which players have more team/personal achievements? still mahrez and vardy. 

i will tell you which players weren't the 7th and 8th best players in the world and didn't win the league. weller and muzzy.

i'm not arguing who's the bigger legend, i'm talking about who's the better player.

Edited by the fox

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

Nobody outside of Leicester has heard of Keith Weller or Frank Worthington?

I’ve no idea how one responds to that level of stupid. 

• Like 1