Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

LCFC Women

All I know about the women's team is that I pass a small football ground on Saffron Road in South Wigston most days that has a sign up, claiming that it is the home of the LCFC women's team. But there is never anything about any games. A bit of advertising certainly wouldn't go amiss. 

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

It could be a real business opportunity for the club. If the owners seriously invested in women's football and the women's club becomes successful they could make some money. 

You could also argue that it's all about supply and demand.

If the owners feel there's not enough demand then they won't invest in it...

In business terms the women’s club appears to be a completely separate entity to LCFC with its own directors and management structure. I guess they have some agreement whereby they get to use LCFC branding.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09091120/officers

Not really sure what LCFC could do given the above, as the women’s club isn’t in their control.

Edited by Rogstanley

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Isn't there another Leicester City football team not connected to the club that is in a higher league or at least there used to be.

There’s a second team using the name yes but they are happy to disguish themselves as not affiliated. They are lower down the leagues. 

Im not suggesting that the club take on the business but at the very least, social media posts and website articles could at least alert people to the Women’s team. 

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

Isn't there another Leicester City football team not connected to the club that is in a higher league or at least there used to be.

I believe there is.

Pretty sure Russell Slade managed them for a bit in an early managerial stint (?).

Edit: Just checked, yes he did - Leicester United but in 1996.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Should the club have a women’s team? It would be pretty diabolical in this day and age not to have one directly affiliated with the club... I admit I don’t understand the politics behind it all, but it is hard to believe that we don’t have a female team under the LCFC umbrella. 

There is a woman’s team with a very small mention in the match day programme. Half or a third of a page perhaps. Not fair on them. I’m not saying plaster the walls with posters or put it all over the website but they do need something to go towards making them known to the fans. I’m sure that if there was a way to see them play then people would.

Personally, I don't enjoy women's football due to the lack of quality, however, the quality is only going to improve if clubs, like us, take their women's team seriously. Not only is it morally the right thing to do, but I can see there being a market in the coming years for women's football. 

I agree womens football needs to be better advertised and invested in, in order to grow its quality and popularity. but combining the social media accounts in my opinion is not the way to do that. if Womens football is to be taken seriously, it needs to stand as its own thing, not be reliant on the pre-existing popularity of mens football. Also, the twitter account is there for fans of the mens team, the womens account should be there for fans of the womens team. they should invest in growing womens football social media accounts in their own standings, cause i think a surge in the popularity of womens football could be a really cool thing. 

I did a bit of research back when the new training ground was rumoured. There are indeed two:

Leicester City Ladies FC which is about 50 years old and doesn't seem to be linked with us, though their badge is similar in looks like it was made by a 5-year-old high on coke using Microsoft Paint on Windows 3.11;

Leicester City Women FC, which is about 10 years old and appears to actually be affiliated with us - same kit, badge, branding & King Power sponsorship etc.

I'd like to see us take the Women's team seriously - women's football is growing in stature and quality and it would definitely be a good opportunity with the new training ground to take heed from what Man City have done and align them with the rest of the club. Given the ambitious plans for Park Hill I'd love to see them incorporate them somehow.

You mean 2016s invincebelles, they won the league with a 100% record!

I know a certain other team won the league, but you would have thought that would have made some impact. I was thinking about this the other day and did a bit of research into them. Why on earth do they play in Quorn? Surely they could play at Holmes Park or Belvoir Drive with the odd game at the KP. I'm not going to lie I'm not that fussed about women's football but if there was at least some coverage, some mention of their games on radio Leicester, at the ground, in the programme. Stick a few highlights up at half time. Get a showpiece game at the King Power and give away free tickets.

The one thing they have in common with the men's team is their website is bloody awful too. I was just trying to see if you could buy tickets and how much they were. Absolutely terrible.

• Like 2

They played Plymouth Ladies and the goals & bits of the match here on the local news yesterday afternoon, we won 3.2 but the Plymouth Ladies we’re pleased with that result as they expected to get hammered, decent quality goals as well...:thumbup:

Edited by NewquayFox