Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Stoke (H)..pre match thread.

Funny when we got promoted I thought Stoke were the well run club we should try and emulate.

Comfortably mid table every season.

Think the Lambert appointment smacked of panic ... bit like replacing a 10 year old Skoda with a 15 year old one.

They are desperate for points and have a nightmare fixture list for the next few games so think they

will have no other option than to attack us from the start. 

This will be their downfall and think something like 4-1 to us will not be far off the mark.

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Kasper

Amartey

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Mahrez

Iborra

Ndidi

Albrighton

Gray

Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Dragovic, James, Silva, Diabate, Iheanacho, Chilwell.

why has Simpson been dropped altogether?

I'd start him ahead of Amartey for sure. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

why has Simpson been dropped altogether?

I'd start him ahead of Amartey for sure. 

Just my opinion, but against teams like these that we should be beating, Simpson offers nothing going forward. At least big Dan doesn't completely treat the ball like it's a bomb!

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Amartey

Dragovic

Maguire

Chilwell/Fuchs, wont be disapointed with either option

Mahrez

Ndidi

Silva

Gray

Diabate

Vardy

Amartey over Simpson because Simpson just isn't good enough on the ball, neither is Amartey but he is younger and I can see him growing into the role when he becomes more confident. Need to go out in the summer and buy a good attacking Rb though as neither are as good as Fuchs or Chilwell at attacking which is what Puel will want, especially next season with Mahrez off.

Dragovic back in, while Morgan is arguably a better defender, Dragovic offers more all round and doesn't deserve to be dropped after recent performances.

Gray over Albrighton, Albrighton been out of form and Gray should get another shot after a decent enough performance against Shefield. Wouldn't be disapointed if Albrighton did start though.

Diabate, looked good in previous games when moved to the number 10 role, with Okazaki out would be good to see if we have a player who can transform our attacking play through skill rather then just sheer workrate.

12 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Just my opinion, but against teams like these that we should be beating, Simpson offers nothing going forward. At least big Dan doesn't completely treat the ball like it's a bomb!

Amartey can be quite clumsy on the ball sometimes. And just clumsy in general. having said that he did fairly well for us when Simpson was injured  (apart from getting sent off against Utd).

But Simpson is the better defender and gives us some balance when we are attacking. When you have Fuchs and Chilwell bombing up forward most of the match, Simpson provides brilliant cover when we're a bit stretched. I'm not too bothered that Simpson doesn't get forward a lot. That's not his role. Mahrez can do enough on his own most of the time anyway :D 

• Like 3

I can't help but feel Puel believes that Morgan's presence gets the best out of the team in terms of leadership and keeping the unit together, so I expect he will be starting. My biggest concern is those balls in to our box and stopping them and a goal keeper who is planted to his goal line at set pieces. I thought Kasper again was woeful from that point of view v Sheff Utd. I think Dragovic has a future here, but if we do sign, it will be next season. 

5 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Schmeichel

Amartey

Dragovic

Maguire

Chilwell/Fuchs, wont be disapointed with either option

Mahrez

Ndidi

Silva

Gray

Diabate

Vardy

Amartey over Simpson because Simpson just isn't good enough on the ball, neither is Amartey but he is younger and I can see him growing into the role when he becomes more confident. Need to go out in the summer and buy a good attacking Rb though as neither are as good as Fuchs or Chilwell at attacking which is what Puel will want, especially next season with Mahrez off.

Dragovic back in, while Morgan is arguably a better defender, Dragovic offers more all round and doesn't deserve to be dropped after recent performances.

Gray over Albrighton, Albrighton been out of form and Gray should get another shot after a decent enough performance against Shefield. Wouldn't be disapointed if Albrighton did start though.

Diabate, looked good in previous games when moved to the number 10 role, with Okazaki out would be good to see if we have a player who can transform our attacking play through skill rather then just sheer workrate.

Exact team I'd go for, these lot are shite so we need an attacking line-up imo

I'm still annoyed we failed to collect 3 points at our place against these.

We need to put in a convincing display to get our league form back on track. No less than 3 points will do.

I don't like these early Saturday lunchtime kick offs.

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm still annoyed we failed to collect 3 points at our place against these.

We need to put in a convincing display to get our league form back on track. No less than 3 points will do.

I don't like these early Saturday lunchtime kick offs.

You know it's a home match right?

Just like when we were in the great escape, the struggling teams will be targeting games against teams like us who are safe /focused on the FA Cup so we should be wary of an up for it Stoke.

Going for a tight 2-1 win.