Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Stoke (H)..pre match thread.

On 2/17/2018 at 10:31, StanSP said:

Amartey can be quite clumsy on the ball sometimes. And just clumsy in general. having said that he did fairly well for us when Simpson was injured  (apart from getting sent off against Utd).

But Simpson is the better defender and gives us some balance when we are attacking. When you have Fuchs and Chilwell bombing up forward most of the match, Simpson provides brilliant cover when we're a bit stretched. I'm not too bothered that Simpson doesn't get forward a lot. That's not his role. Mahrez can do enough on his own most of the time anyway :D 

I thought it had never been more evident than against Sheff Utd that Simpson is always going to struggle under Puel. I'd keep Simpson in for games against the sides we won't outplay, and I wouldn't put Stoke in that category. I think both Simpson and Iheanacho were big reasons we struggled to break Sheff Utd down. Neither have that creativity about them.

I still have reservations over Amartey but I think he's a bit better going forward than Simpson is personally.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2018 at 12:27, winteriscoming said:

Kasper 

Simpson dragovic Maguire fuchs 

Ndidi   Iborra 

Silva 

Mahrez                          diabate 

Vardy 

Like that a lot, would put amartey in for Simpson, as I thought he was playing well, and unfairly dropped, but that’s our best team for me.

• Like 4

If Puel does keep Morgan in, I won't be throwing my toys out of the pram, because at least Drago has had enough time to show that he could be a big part of our future.

I prefer Drago tbh, but undermining our club captain may not be wise right now. I trust Claude to make the call.

7 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

If Puel does keep Morgan in, I won't be throwing my toys out of the pram, because at least Drago has had enough time to show that he could be a big part of our future.

I prefer Drago tbh, but undermining our club captain may not be wise right now. I trust Claude to make the call.

Whether club captain or not, players should be selected based on how good they are. 

If we are to play a passing game Simpson and Morgan are total liabilities and detrimental to making our play flow as it should.

One of our best performances in terms of controlling a game this season was at Chelsea, and it’s no coincidence Morgan and Simpson were not playing.

Neither of them should be starting on that basis.

• Like 1

Goalkeeper

Amartey Dragovic Maguire Fuchs

Mahrez Iborra Ndidi Diabate

Gray Vardy

Subs: GK, Morgan, Iheanacho, Silva, James, Albrighton, Chilwell 

Chilwell would also work. Iborra's height will be useful. 

Gray and Vardy should cause their slow defence some problems given the right service.

Edited by lgfualol

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're a long way off where we want to be if we need him to pull out a worldie to beat Stoke at home. 

I just think we lack creativity! I can definitely see Stoke sitting deep with lots of men behind the ball and us finding it harder than you think to break them down. 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Simpson Dragovic Maguire Fuchs

Silva Ndidi

Mahrez Iheanacho Albrighton

Vardy

Nacho can't play behind a striker. He's proved it again against Sheffield. It's either upfront or nothing.

Kasper

Simpson     Huth    Maguire  Fuchs

Nididi                      

Mahrez       Iborra       Silva    Albrighton

Vardy        

Would play Huth to help combat their ariel threat ..and Albrighton to hustle Shiqiri every time he gets the ball

then just let Mahrez & Vardy do the rest

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Nacho can't play behind a striker. He's proved it again against Sheffield. It's either upfront or nothing.

I dunno, I thought he played well on Friday. He's getting much better at receiving the ball with his back to goal.

That said, I would expect him to be more alongside Vardy in that formation.

More of a 4-2-2-1-1 if you like.