Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

Chelsea fa cup quarterfinals

Tough tie but being at home gives us a chance. We were by far the better team against them at Stamford Bridge, though their signing of Giroud has helped the balance of their team.

I think a lot will come down to the form both teams are in when the match comes round.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, shailen_patel4 said:

Knowing us we’ll get a Monday game ?

I had the same cynical thought.

But ours is one of the more attractive quarters (big team away to decent team) so maybe the TV companies will prefer it to be Sat/Sun, when I presume they'd get a bigger audience?

• Like 2

I'm well up for this. I'm sure lots of us will be. Expect the atmosphere will be top notch as it was for the UCL games last season. Been a long time since our last home quarter in the FA Cup. Unfortunately that was certainly a day to forget. Need to make sure this isn't. Beating what is a horrible club on every possible level would only make getting through to the semi even sweeter. 

14 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Last time we were in the quarters of the FA Cup we played Chelsea, 6 years ago. Remember Tores got a hat trick, Beckford and Marshall scored. How times have changed. 

Torres didn't score a hat trick but did score like his first goal for about 20 games or something like that!

Marshall's goal was a worldie IIRC.