Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

Chelsea fa cup quarterfinals

12 minutes ago, Liam0308 said:

Im not calling that at at all mate. in the same post ive said im hoping to go to the game ? if i didnt like the draw i wouldnt go. Ive also shared my opinion when the draw doesnt involve leicester so that logic can not be carried.

Where have i said you MUST agree? In the original post i said CAN WE. Im of the opinion its fixed, youre not, i accept that and am not going to try and force you to see it my way. Im not angry because theres more important things in life than football, love the game and my team but at the end of the day its just entertainment

On a side note, how crushed were you after the fifa corruption came to light? Money talks too much in the game these days 

I meant the entire draw, I should have been clearer. 

I won't split hairs further about how you put the original question. 

Yes, I detest what FIFA allowed. I fully admit it sets a terrible precedent, and I do understand the resulting scepticism too. 

2 minutes ago, Liam0308 said:

That year there was 5 so they couldnt avoid each other ?

So it happens when it's a mathematical certainty, and happens occasionally when the odds are relatively low. What a devious conspiracy that clearly isn't just following the basic rules of probability...

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So it happens when it's a mathematical certainty, and happens occasionally when the odds are relatively low. What a devious conspiracy that clearly isn't just following the basic rules of probability...

?? first attempt at belittling him failed initiate back up plan? 

32 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

For those interested, the chance of the big four avoiding each other in the draw was 23%.

Can show you the maths for that if you like.

Which is a pretty reasonable chance stacked together (assuming you've done (4/7)*(3/5)*(2/3) and rounded), but the probability at each fixture drawn of a big club getting a smaller club is better than 50% and increases every time it happens

9 minutes ago, Foxy_jim said:

Of course its fixed, they cant have Southampton or us or Brighton in the final dont be daft. At least we made quarters but Chelsea is winnable.

Recent finalists since 2000: Crystal Palace, Hull, Stoke, Cardiff, Wigan, Portsmouth, Millwall, Southampton....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Which is a pretty reasonable chance stacked together (assuming you've done (4/7)*(3/5)*(2/3) and rounded), but the probability at each fixture drawn of a big club getting a smaller club is better than 50% and increases every time it happens

Yes on both counts.

You'd want to look at more than one draw to find evidence of bias. The chances of both the League Cup and FA Cup quarter finals favouring the big teams as they did are low, for example. But I'm still not convinced. I'd want to see a statistical test on several years of cup draws before I start condemning the process.

Just so want us to get to the semis.

Never in my properly memorable life have I seen us in a semi final of a major cup (I was 8 in 2000)

The whole day out at wembley (should be a non wembley semi like it used to be) would be great. No matter the result.

I'll be pretty gutted if we don't go through this

• Like 1