Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

Ticket arrangements for Chelsea FA game (not ideal)

2 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

To my knowledge nearly every home game this season (with the possible exception of Man Utd and Liverpool) has gone through all three priority stages of membership, members ballot, and back on sale to all members and STH. Many have gone to general sale. Certainly every game since Man City at Christmas has had the opportunity for all members to buy tickets.

I appreciate you have both STH and membership but this has been the best season for ages to get access to games via membership since promotion. Even many away games have had sales Tom members in addition to the ballot.

The only gripe I can understand in this thread is the non priority of membership levels - once STH have had priority then there should be priority windows for members, although if demand mirrors previous rounds then this would be a waste of time.

Absolutely right. The earlier post  about not being able to buy PL tickets with a membership this season, with no or low priority, is incorrect.

Perhaps the two you mentioned all members were not , but possibly even for those as well. 

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Is there a date confirmed for this yet? Friday night? Saturday lunchtime, 3pm or evening? Sunday? Monday?

Can't be Friday and can't be Monday. Got a bad feeling we'll get the horrible early Sunday slot.

Unsure if both Manchester sides being at home will affect us. I reckon they might stick one of them on the Friday night and one on Sunday, then our game and Spurs is a toss up between Saturday or Sunday.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can't be Friday and can't be Monday. Got a bad feeling we'll get the horrible early Sunday slot.

Unsure if both Manchester sides being at home will affect us. I reckon they might stick one of them on the Friday night and one on Sunday, then our game and Spurs is a toss up between Saturday or Sunday.

Chelsea in champions league on wed night would make this the Sunday surely?

5 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I think all members who want a ticket will probably get one. Just really hope they put it on a Saturday because train times on a Sunday make travelling down difficult for Sunday games. 

Fingers crossed for a decent Saturday KO 

I think so too. Every ballot I have entered for tickets this season I have got them no trouble, and even if I haven't applied to the ballot there always seem to be tickets available for members prior to general sale. 

Any idea our allocation would be like for Wembley, assuming we do get to the semi finals? I would like to assume that seeing Wembley is getting on three times as big as King Power that there wouldn't be issues in members getting tickets... but knowing the FA and how these things work guessing it won't be quite that simple... 

• Like 1

I've been to a load of Wembley semi-finals and never had a problem getting a ticket at face value even if I was not a member of either club.  Normally on London Marathon weekend so harder to get a cheap hotel room!

Edited by Balj
Update
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

I hear that the club are having two releases of the tickets,  (1) the first round to those fortunate to have season tickets, (2) next release for all foxes members, regardless of loyalty points!

Basically means that any Charlie, who does not attend regularly but has paid a one off can get tickets (with a chance to tout them).

The club did the same last year for the Athletico match.

They need to give priority to fox members who attend regularly and have a decent number of loyalty points (like they do for the prem league games)!

there wasnt a home priority system last year...its new this year.

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

For cup games they should make it prioritised to people who bothered to come for the earlier rounds, i.e., Fleetwood, Peterborough and Sheff Utd.

It irks me that Chelsea will be sold out to people who can't be bothered to properly support their team.

Completely agree. 

Just because it's Chelsea they can't be "bothered" to go.

Plastics.

Edited by Turbogre

13 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I have been a season ticket holder previously for 9 seasons; though I am not now, as I live miles away. It's always been the case with cup games that they are available to all after first allocations. The season ticket guarantees your ticket for the 19 home league games but the Cups do not, just as the draws themselves are by chance. Personally I don't see a problem with allowing other keen City supporters the opportunity to see their team should we get a home draw. There haven't been many recently. Enjoyed the game on Friday though that was my first since the Borussia pre-season one that we also won! So maybe you should allow me another ticket to see us through to Wembley :D 

The season ticket does guarantee you a ticket for all cup matches as long as you purchase within the time window stated. 

• Like 1

If you're switched on as a member this season, you'll get tickets for the home games and a fair few away's. That's certainly been the case for me.  Getting a membership this year has worked out for me.

I can only conclude that those having a moan about this either don't actually have a membership or aren't trying that hard for tickets!! 

(Watch me spectacularly crash and burn in my pursuit of Chelsea tickets now!!)

Maybe the club could reward those members who've got tickets for the Arsenal game that'll have to be cancelled that weekend with an option to transfer their ticket to the Chelsea game though? That seems decent reward for those already committed to the King Power on March 17th..

5 minutes ago, Dorchester Fox said:

If you're switched on as a member this season, you'll get tickets for the home games and a fair few away's. That's certainly been the case for me.  Getting a membership this year has worked out for me.

I can only conclude that those having a moan about this either don't actually have a membership or aren't trying that hard for tickets!! 

(Watch me spectacularly crash and burn in my pursuit of Chelsea tickets now!!)

Maybe the club could reward those members who've got tickets for the Arsenal game that'll have to be cancelled that weekend with an option to transfer their ticket to the Chelsea game though? That seems decent reward for those already committed to the King Power on March 17th..

I am hoping not as I didn't buy for the Arsenal match specifically because I was confident that the match would need to be rearranged...!! 

• Like 1

Really don't understand the moan from the OP here.

Season ticket holders should always get priority.

Having some sort of priority scheme for members would be a nightmare to enforce as you'd have so many different levels!

They cam up with a solution last season, basing it on rewarding people who showed their loyalty to the club by paying more for different member tiers. 

Unfortunately the sorts that go to club meetings lol decided they didn't like that and now we've ended up with a one size fits all membership that you have to use often to get any sort of value from it.

In my opinion, the ideal membership solution would be giving a credit/voucher at the end of the season to those who have gone to a certain number of home and away games using their tickets. 

So like, 5 away tickets would get you £30 (a free away day next year) 10 away days £60 etc etc.

Similarly with home games.

That way you have a reward system and given the way home and away tickets have sold this season, priority isn't important as the majority of games have made it to members, with pretty much every home game making general sale. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Really don't understand the moan from the OP here.

Season ticket holders should always get priority.

Having some sort of priority scheme for members would be a nightmare to enforce as you'd have so many different levels!

They cam up with a solution last season, basing it on rewarding people who showed their loyalty to the club by paying more for different member tiers. 

Unfortunately the sorts that go to club meetings lol decided they didn't like that and now we've ended up with a one size fits all membership that you have to use often to get any sort of value from it.

In my opinion, the ideal membership solution would be giving a credit/voucher at the end of the season to those who have gone to a certain number of home and away games using their tickets. 

So like, 5 away tickets would get you £30 (a free away day next year) 10 away days £60 etc etc.

Similarly with home games.

That way you have a reward system and given the way home and away tickets have sold this season, priority isn't important as the majority of games have made it to members, with pretty much every home game making general sale. 

But that is exactly what we have now, at least for the league games. I understood the OP was complaining that the priorities were not being used for the cup game, I didn't read it to mean he has any problem with ST holder's being first in the queue, that goes without saying. 

However all season the members who have attended most games have been rewarded with points which push your priority up, much like away priority, just not for the cup games. 

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Why can't it be Friday? Really hope it's not as I don't think I will get away with my car wouldn't start that's why im late for my night shift again  like I did against Sheffield ?

3 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Why can't it be Friday? Really hope it's not as I don't think I will get away with my car wouldn't start that's why im late for my night shift again  like I did against Sheffield ?

Chelsea have a Wednesday match against Barcelona. Not sure why it can't be a Monday though, which I also read earlier...

Edited by rachhere