Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Evington Fosse Fox

Ticket arrangements for Chelsea FA game (not ideal)

On 18/02/2018 at 16:16, Evington Fosse Fox said:

I hear that the club are having two releases of the tickets,  (1) the first round to those fortunate to have season tickets, (2) next release for all foxes members, regardless of loyalty points!

Basically means that any Charlie, who does not attend regularly but has paid a one off can get tickets (with a chance to tout them).

The club did the same last year for the Athletico match.

They need to give priority to fox members who attend regularly and have a decent number of loyalty points (like they do for the prem league games)!

I've had a season ticket for years so I am not "fortunate" just a life-long supporter who puts my money where my mouth is season in season out. These johnny-come-lately lot annoy me immensely as they'll all want to be at the front of the queue should we progress and reach Wembley. We saw it in the 2015/16 season and last year during our continental forays.

David it’s guys like you that bug me I go to every game I can get a ticket for and even tho I haven’t got a season ticket I would call myself loyal. I would love a season ticket every single season but it just ain’t possible I’ve tried never any going ?. So stop with the I’m a season ticket holder I should get everything first shit.

Kp1984.

So if you don't think season ticket holders should have priority how would you issue tickets? 

I'm not 'fortunate' to have a season ticket, as an earlier poster put. I have a season ticket because many years ago (when it was far easier to get a season ticket because we weren't a successful Premier League Club and so there weren't the bandwagon jumpers), I decided that Leicester City were a priority to me, so I invested each year in a season ticket for me and my sons.

therefore after years of me doing this, do you seriously think I shouldn't get priority over someone who hasn't got a season ticket?

I get one ticket for being a season ticket holder, Season Ticket holders DONT get to buy up ALL the tickets.

I do understand your frustration, but I don't understand your views on season ticket holders. 

• Like 3

STH's should have the right to buy their own seats (or even relocate their seat) before anyone else gets a chance to buy. STH's have paid for 19 league games.

Second priority should be members (there should be a minimum of 4,000 tickets available, usually this is more like 8-10,000). This should service every member wanting a ticket.

What the club could do is sell to members based on priority points to ensure those who have forked out for 10+ games so far this season get a ticket and those who have only been to 1 or 2 have to wait.

There is no argument that members should get priority over STH's, what a daft comment to make.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

STH's should have the right to buy their own seats (or even relocate their seat) before anyone else gets a chance to buy. STH's have paid for 19 league games.

Second priority should be members (there should be a minimum of 4,000 tickets available, usually this is more like 8-10,000). This should service every member wanting a ticket.

What the club could do is sell to members based on priority points to ensure those who have forked out for 10+ games so far this season get a ticket and those who have only been to 1 or 2 have to wait.

There is no argument that members should get priority over STH's, what a daft comment to make.

Stop talking absolute sense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That's exactly what they do, just not for this game, hence why the thread got started... 

Unlikely to be a Saturday night... let's look at the scenarios here (Until inevitably in 30 minutes it's picked for a Saturday night)

- The match is now the best of the four

- BBC have the first pick for TV

- BBC are unlikely to bump their marquee primetime night of the week for football

- Friday night, Sunday 4pm and Monday night are the BBC's prime slots for their best FA Cup Matches

- With Friday and Monday expunged, that leaves Sunday 4pm

- I'm desperately clutching at straws cause I really need the match to not be on a Saturday

- BT Sport would love a Liverpool/Man Utd double on their channel on a Saturday, so United in the 7:45 slot becomes a possibility

The only way we're not the first pick is if BBC take Man Utd v Brighton for the plastic ratings. If that happens then BT on the Saturday evening comes into play.

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Unlikely to be a Saturday night... let's look at the scenarios here (Until inevitably in 30 minutes it's picked for a Saturday night)

- The match is now the best of the four

- BBC have the first pick for TV

- BBC are unlikely to bump their marquee primetime night of the week for football

- Friday night, Sunday 4pm and Monday night are the BBC's prime slots for their best FA Cup Matches

- With Friday and Monday expunged, that leaves Sunday 4pm

- I'm desperately clutching at straws cause I really need the match to not be on a Saturday

- BT Sport would love a Liverpool/Man Utd double on their channel on a Saturday, so United in the 7:45 slot becomes a possibility

The only way we're not the first pick is if BBC take Man Utd v Brighton for the plastic ratings. If that happens then BT on the Saturday evening comes into play.

Your first two points are spot on.

Your third is way off

2 hours ago, Hertfordshire_Fox said:

Your first two points are spot on.

Your third is way off

I'd always presumed it would end up on the Sunday/Monday purely because Chelsea played on the Wednesday in the chumps league, with United playing on the Tuesday. So I could see united game being on before us, but they wouldn't put them on the Friday. The league shift games around to help Champions league teams, if the FA don't give a crap about that then it gives us an advantage.