Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

The 50 Worst Premier Players Ever!! (by FourFourTwo)

3 hours ago, Far Post Gerry said:

Pretty sure he was our player of the year one season. Good defender remembered unfairly for a couple of OGs.

He was the speed to compliment tagged and Elliott. Quality. 

Also. ?? ?

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes. Let me give you an example....

That and his 2 goals against Villa in the 4-4 draw.

Comparatively Musa would walk into that team, Lee Philpott, Mark Blake, Agnew, Mohan, Willis, Carey, Ormondroyd, Richard Smith, Phil Gee all played that season none of them made the list that included Falcao. On pure footballing ability, i.e. The worst footballers it should be full of players from early 90s shit teams like Swindon, Leicester, Oldham, Wimbledon, Coventry etc. 

They wouldn't even be league one standard these days.

15 minutes ago, Captain... said:

That and his 2 goals against Villa in the 4-4 draw.

Comparatively Musa would walk into that team, Lee Philpott, Mark Blake, Agnew, Mohan, Willis, Carey, Ormondroyd, Richard Smith, Phil Gee all played that season none of them made the list that included Falcao. On pure footballing ability, i.e. The worst footballers it should be full of players from early 90s shit teams like Swindon, Leicester, Oldham, Wimbledon, Coventry etc. 

They wouldn't even be league one standard these days.

Looks like there was a limit to maybe 2 players from the same team/era.

94/95 got off lightly for sure.as did the Ipswich team of that year.

34 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Looks like there was a limit to maybe 2 players from the same team/era.

94/95 got off lightly for sure.as did the Ipswich team of that year.

The problem is if they did that it would just be a procession of shit players that nobody had heard of with nothing interesting to say about them. 

Terry Footballer of shit 90s team got promoted to a level well above his standard and was just not good enough. Repeat 50 times.

On 19/02/2018 at 15:55, Captain... said:

As I suspected it is the typical well they weren't successful in the premier league so they are shit.

Falco, Cornelius, Van De Meyde all good footballers else where.

It should be the 50 least successful players in the premier league, weighted by transfer fee and expectation, but that isn't a very snappy title.

You’re expecting a lot for a click bait article - plus they’ll be bad choice plants in the list to provide ‘talking points’. 

At least they went with a round number. I’ve seen listamania’s of 7’s and 11’s and wondered - why the weird number!

On 19/02/2018 at 21:10, toddybad said:

I was at uni when Taylor came in, living far away from Leicester. I remember being agog virtually daily as news of shit signing after shit signing hit the papers. £20m blown on the likes of Scowcroft, akinbiyi, Davidson, lewis, Benjamin 

...Richard Creswell...

Happy days :unsure:

Akinbyi was basically Heskey's replacement, and TBF this must have weighed heavily on his mind.

He was bloody awful though.

On 19/02/2018 at 19:01, Gary Eatfood said:

This post immediately made me think of the game vs Liverpool.

You could say that he was at least decent enough a person to look suitably embarrassed after his misses. Most of the players these days look at the pitch after a howler as if there was no way it could be their fault they missed.

On 2/20/2018 at 10:23, pds said:

David Lowe was decent in that season. Considering he'd been a bit part player the previous season and was loaned out to Port Vale it was surprising he played so much.

He was our second top scorer with 8 goals, a decent return for such an awful team.

Approaching that season we had Walshy, Joachim, Speedie and Iwan Roberts who would all be ahead of him however Walshy only played 5 games (and possibly back at CB), Joachim 13+subs, Speedie none, eventually retiring - his last "action" as a "professional" was twatting / being twatted by Eric Nixon the Tranmere keeper in the play off semi's! Lowe stepped up and did well, Roberts was decent and later on Robins was brought in, it was just strange how it panned out, I seem to remember Phil Gee scoring a couple of times and we even gave Ormondroyd some games for a laugh. Had high hopes of it being all about Joachim (up front at least) that season but it was all fits (or unfits) and starts, coming away from the Spurs win where P***pot, Blakey, Franz Carr and Neil Lewis looked like world beaters only to realise later it was only because Ossie Ardiles had fielded a formation like a seven year old playing Footbal Manager. 

Edited by fazzyfox

14 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You’re expecting a lot for a click bait article - plus they’ll be bad choice plants in the list to provide ‘talking points’. 

At least they went with a round number. I’ve seen listamania’s of 7’s and 11’s and wondered - why the weird number!

The statistics show that people tend to click through to them more often than top 10s. Dunno why though.

On 19/02/2018 at 19:01, Gary Eatfood said:

This post immediately made me think of the game vs Liverpool.

This clip takes me back.  I'd forgotten how bad Akinbiyi was.  The record signing with the terrible touch in front of goal and crazy, bewildered look.  Makes me laugh now though - time's a great healer.          

On 19/02/2018 at 20:57, teblin said:

Musa isn't even in the worst 5 to play for us in the premier league.

Heath, Blake, Franz Carr, Willis, Benjamin, David Lowe, Rodgers to name a few

David Lowe? Are you mad? He starred in one of my favourite ever City games when we drew 4-4 away at Aston Villa in 1995, 2 goals for Lowe in a great City comeback against money bags Villa, and helped shut up the mocking Villa fans who were above the away fans back then.

He was a useful player.

• Like 1