Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Season Ticket cost?

Having just had my 65th birthday and now getting my state pension, I am checking all of my outgoing expenditure due to reduced income!

I have checked the city website but cannot find how much an ST cost last year for us older persons' (got to be polititically correct you know!).

Can anyone update me roughly on the cost of renewing mine for next season.

Incidentally now I am entitled to a reduced rate can I take my ST in and get a refund on the extra I am paying for my seat for the rest of this season?

4 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Incidentally now I am entitled to a reduced rate can I take my ST in and get a refund on the extra I am paying for my seat for the rest of this season?

No you can’t 

5 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Depends on where you sit

8 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Having just had my 65th birthday and now getting my state pension, I am checking all of my outgoing expenditure due to reduced income!

I have checked the city website but cannot find how much an ST cost last year for us older persons' (got to be polititically correct you know!).

It is based on your age at the start of the season. If there is a discount for over 65, then you will be entitled to it next season.

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Depends where you sit. Compare the Adult prices with Senior prices.

For example, in the kop Adult is £420, Senior is £300

Image result for leicester city season ticket prices

Thanks for this, I sit in the kop so can expect to pay around that price.

Bloody poor show though if you birthday falls just after the start of the season, the club can make a lot of money from you!

Sod it I'll try to ensure I haunt my seat till the end of a season whenever I kick the bucket!

1 minute ago, demon_dog said:

Bloody poor show though if you birthday falls just after the start of the season, the club can make a lot of money from you!

Sod it I'll try to ensure I haunt my seat till the end of a season whenever I kick the bucket!

Age is based on the 1st of Sept (from memory), my girl is 8, but still got her season ticket as under 8 as she didn't turn 8 until the 16th. 

5 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Well, not really. It's the same for youngsters and kids who increase in age during the season. The take the age at a certain point and then you pay the extra price next season

Watch out when buying cup tickets, my nephew has an under 23 season ticket, but turned 23 in December, so when buying tickets for the Fleetwood match, he just automatically asked for an under 23 ticket because that is the season ticket he has, but the club said because he had then just turned 23 he had to pay full price for a ticket. This must have flagged up on the computer system when he tried to buy the ticket. So presumably it works the other way & anyone who paid full price for a season ticket & has now reached 65 during the season should be able to buy any FA cup tickets at pensioner rates.

How long have you had a season ticket for? The age limit used to be 60+ but then increased to 65. As my old man qualified for a senior ticket when he was 60 and then suddenly had a large increase due to the age limit change, they honoured the senior price and have done so every year until he turned 65. 

1 hour ago, demon_dog said:

Sadly that's the whole point.

Loyalty doesn't seem to be rewarded. I can't believe the club make more money than ever before but prices don't come down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Season tickets are cheaper if you are renewing rather than being a new season ticket holder? What other reward do you want? 

See below.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sadly that's the whole point.

Loyalty doesn't seem to be rewarded. I can't believe the club make more money than ever before but prices don't come down. 

2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Supply and demand.....

Even with a bigger ground, prices wouldn't change.

I've had a season ticket for the past 15 years and will renew again this season but apart from the obvious (having a ticket for every home game) the only other benefit I feel I have is my good priority for away games. They've changed the 10% discount now.

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Even with a bigger ground, prices wouldn't change.

I've had a season ticket for the past 15 years and will renew again this season but apart from the obvious (having a ticket for every home game) the only other benefit I feel I have is my good priority for away games. They've changed the 10% discount now.

You are probably right but as most matches are almost sell outs there is no need for the owners to reduce prices. If a stadium capacity increase happens in this century we might see reduced prices for pensioners and youths - which is fair point. I actually think that we are amongst the cheapest tickets in the PL so cannot really complain or? :) 

Would love to go every game but I find myself hoping when tickets come available to me as a fox member that I might get a seat. Cuz chances tickets make it to general sale are small lol. Oh and away games no chance of going as the West Brom game was sold out and never made it to members  so only season ticket holders got to buy ?. I know you guys will be like it’s rewarding loyalty and I get it but we can’t get in your perdition to be loyal half the time ?

11 hours ago, Kp1984 said:

Would love to go every game but I find myself hoping when tickets come available to me as a fox member that I might get a seat. Cuz chances tickets make it to general sale are small lol. Oh and away games no chance of going as the West Brom game was sold out and never made it to members  so only season ticket holders got to buy ?. I know you guys will be like it’s rewarding loyalty and I get it but we can’t get in your perdition to be loyal half the time ?

There have been plenty of away games that have gone to members and general sale this season.... Arsenal, Newcastle, Sheffield United in the League Cup, Swansea, Chelsea, Manchester City and that's just from memory, there may have been more.

People moan that away games are sort of "closed" but we were the ones that were going away every week when we were shit. I've been to places like Plymouth, Stockport and Cheltenham for league games.... So, rightly so, I've got priority when it comes to going to Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. But the only times we were constantly selling out quickly was when we were top of the league (Premier league winning season I mean).

You're not going to get tickets for places like WBA as a non-season ticket holder. It's a superb away day and one of our closest games. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1