Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NorthfieldsFox

FT charity of the Season 2018/19

After reading my way through the depression thread, how about Beyondblue or similar charity seems to affect many lives of fellow Foxes either directly or indirectly.

edit: I should check BeyondBlue  are in the UK. If not someone could suggest a similar charity in the UK who deal with issues of anxiety, depression and mental health issues.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

There is a lot of good people on here and a lot of good will , we fight and row but we support and show appreciation as well , in a way like a real family would. 

that family spirit is strong and it’s very very important to recognise the bonds that a forum like this can formulate , we need to capitalise on those bonds and we need to maybe share our good will with others less fortunate. 

I was thinking for for the 2018/19 season we would pick a charity to fund raise for and see if we can make a real difference to some las fortunate peoples lives. 

If we all made a small contribution  pre or post every game it would tally up over a season to a significant donation from the foxestalk family. 

In a cynical world with cynical morals it would be a beacon of hope that amongst the madness and disillusionment that the Internet creates that great good can be generated and fostered , even on a forum focused on a football team. 

There is an amazing engergy on FT , it can be challenging (as I found out last night ) but even the challenge can give rise to great appreciating and fulfilment. Let’s try Channel that energy into a focused objective to make just a small difference in a weary weary world. 

I think we should now try nominate 5 local charities , we then have a pole on which one we support and next season we target to raise some money pre and post every game , even a donation of the cost of a packet of crisps every game would potentially make a big difference at the end of the season to a small local charity. 

I would suggest That’s the single Key rule the charity must be based in Leicestershire and for the people of Leicestershire. 

I find if you Try to be less cynical then when you smile , the whole world smiles with you :) 

@NorthfieldsFox fantastic idea and something I’d definitely get behind. 

Personally i wouldn't rule out a nationwide charity, for example Mind as an extension to @Aus Fox‘s suggestion. 

• Like 1

We need to push it hard 

I was thinking a small local charity as it could make a huge difference 

Mind have a Leicester office so yes that’s a fair shout 

just need to get people on board 

I like the funny answers it just shows that we are a broad church in FT and that’s all good guys 

humour helps 

35 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

We need to push it hard 

I was thinking a small local charity as it could make a huge difference 

Mind have a Leicester office so yes that’s a fair shout 

just need to get people on board 

I like the funny answers it just shows that we are a broad church in FT and that’s all good guys 

humour helps 

Might be worth asking if the thread can be pinned?

Could maybe put in Gen Chat section too?

http://jhmt.org.uk/

Charity ran by ex city player as a result of losing his son.  Steve works tirelessly to raise awareness.  There's already some support from the club and ex players, but a great charity to support.

http://www.bodiehodgesfoundation.co.uk/

Nick is a very close friend and has again worked tirelessly after losing his son.

If nothing more, I urge you all to visit both sites and consider both charities when involved in fundraising. 

• Like 1

What an excellent idea. 

Can I recommend the Dorothy Goodman school in Hinckley. The school is a special needs school and is already linked heavily to our club ( Vardy is a school ambassador) . They’re currently trying raise funds for a new sensory room with various events.

10 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

A charity that would directly help @kingcarr21

Thanks for thinking of Ashton, really nice of you. Menphys is the nursery that he attends which is a nationwide charity that supports kids with many disabilities. Or there is also STEPs in Shepshed. They have to raise £150k each year just to keep the place open. Its a centre for conductive education which Ashton attends every Wednesday. They do a lot of good work for kids with special needs.

• Like 2

This is a really good idea, but might take some work to gain the necessary traction.

Presumably an online giving page backed up by bucket rattling volunteers at games?

I guess it will be difficult to gain consensus over which charity to support, but we could nominate one each season?

I think smaller, local causes is the way to go. 

I'd be interested in helping, if that helps..