Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

EFL, LCFC and FFP

Wow - This has worked out very well for us :scarf: 

Although I can see us being the topic of a lot of patronising news articles over the next few days as well as comments from other teams fans (Not that we care), 

Out of interest, what kind of leverage do we have to have come away with a "Slap on the wrist" - The EFL can't need the money that badly can they? Have they also subsequently weakened their position with regards to QPR? 

• Like 1

Not really sure what the implication of this is. Are we paying them to stop digging? Calling it a draw and paying our share of the legal costs incurred? Bit weird really as the motivation of this for either side isn't that clear. Perhaps a 'genuine difference in interpretation of the Rules' is truly all it was.

Bodes well for the big King Power trial over in Thailand though lol

That said I'd have been livid if we've been penalised seeing that the only consequence of the FFP rules since they came in is more creative accounting. I refuse to believe that some clubs, promoted or not over the last few years, have been genuinely compliant the whole time.

11 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Well that puts an end to all the other forums claiming that we cheated our way to the PL with our last promotion. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the QPR boardroom right now, bet they're absolutely livid. 

All they or any other club have to do, is play by the rules. :whistle:

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Relived as a Leicester fan, pissed off as a football fan.

You shouldn't be able to pay your way out of Financial Fair Play. I'd be fuming if I supported one of the clubs we were directly challenging in that season.

Ahhhh.. the joys of being a Leicester Fan......lol

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Relived as a Leicester fan, pissed off as a football fan.

You shouldn't be able to pay your way out of Financial Fair Play. I'd be fuming if I supported one of the clubs we were directly challenging in that season.

Took the words out my mouth to be honest. I didn't think it would ever have any serious implications on us but it sets a very dodgy precedent in my opinion.

Although Derby and Forest absolutely aren't the clubs who can take the moral high ground at us. Both of them have spent more than we did in the Championship. Funnily enough the year we went up we hardly spent anything. 2012/13 we did spend a bit, and 2011/12 we spent an absolutely embarrassing amount (it was at the time) to achieve basically nothing. I assume it's those two seasons, 2011/12 in-particular, that have hit us.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 3