Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

EFL, LCFC and FFP

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

there is a lot of angry Forest and Derby fans on Twitter lol

The same Derby that has a squad of about 55 players including Tom Huddlestone, David Nugent, Bradley Johnson, Curtis Davies, Scott Carson etc whom must all be on a fair wedge for that level? Wouldn't surprise me if they had some kind of financial issue should they not get promoted.

The fact that there are numerous players on £50,000 p/w+ in the second tier is almost as bad as some of the money in the top flight. 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Relived as a Leicester fan, pissed off as a football fan.

You shouldn't be able to pay your way out of Financial Fair Play. I'd be fuming if I supported one of the clubs we were directly challenging in that season.

Surely the fine is merely appropriate to the 'crime'?  If the League are accepting that it was a minor & unintentional transgression, then a token fine is what should be imposed.  Bit like speeding at only a few MPH above the limit. 

• Like 1

Dunno why anyone of us would be mad at us tbh.

Can't have done anything that wrong and none of us even know all the facts.

What if we were threatening a counter-suit because the FL have been defaming us and wasting our time for 5 years?

Edited by ealingfox

Result, we can pay that off with the change down the side of Top's sofa.

FFP is a load of old nonsense anyway- it stops clubs growing and improving themselves more than it protects them.

Besides, we deserved a bit of leniency- the rules were implemented when we were a mess and hemorhaging money, and we did well to get ourselves down to the level we did.

• Like 2

Small time club fans giving it the 'we do it all honestly and don't break the rules'

That's lovely, who won the Premier League and got to the quarters of the Champions League last year?

Risk and reward people. No time for sentimentality here given how fvcking great the last few years have been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

great system this, you’re rich so you overspend and break the rules and you get a small fine that you’re too rich to give a shit about. genius. 

Apart from when man city got done a couple of years ago and got fined 50 million, mind, they probably didn't give a shit about that amount.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Apart from when man city got done a couple of years ago and got fined 50 million, mind, they probably didn't give a shit about that amount.

Yeah, you can buy Riyad Mahrez with that kind of money. Let's face it Leicester only paid £400K so they'll definitely let him go for that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Wolves get investigated in the future.

I argued with some Wolves fans on Twitter a while ago about their spending. I don't see how they can get away with it? Parachute payments are done and they've bought Helder Costa for £15 million, Neves for a similar amount or more and several others for half decent fees. They also were reported to be willing to pay £25 million for Silva from AC Milan last month!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Took the words out my mouth to be honest. I didn't think it would ever have any serious implications on us but it sets a very dodgy precedent in my opinion.

Although Derby and Forest absolutely aren't the clubs who can take the moral high ground at us. Both of them have spent more than we did in the Championship. Funnily enough the year we went up we hardly spent anything. 2012/13 we did spend a bit, and 2011/12 we spent an absolutely embarrassing amount (it was at the time) to achieve basically nothing. I assume it's those two seasons, 2011/12 in-particular, that have hit us.

I like the fact that there are financial control rules in place, and I want my club to comply with them, so it is a little disheartening to effectively conclusively be found guilty of flouting them.

However you are absolutely correct that, and this is something that goes over the head of over clubs' fans, we would have been better off WITHOUT spending the stupid sums on fees + wages on the Mills's and Beckfords of this world.  We'd actually gone into savings and cost cutting mode when we got the team together that thrust us to promotion.

The way I have read this is that we agreed with the fl and came to an agreement to pay 3.1 million pounds, which was accepted by them.  It is now being reported by some outlets we have been fined for breaching ffp rules.  Laughably I don't think we should pay this because as long as we stay in the premier league the football league cant touch us.

• Like 1