Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Stoke post match 1-1

I’ve not read through all 17 pages of comments, but I can imagine what is in there, and my comments will probably be very similar, but i’ll Throw my 2 pennies worth in anyway.

Some of our players are overrated and need to work on basic issues;

Chilwell gives the ball away too much in his own half. He can burst forward well, but he needs to learn to be a defender first and foremost. Every time he got the ball in our own half, I expected him to give it away, which he usually did.

I’m a big fan of Simpson due to him being the opposite of the above. He knows he is a defender, and rarely does anything stupid, or give much away.

Why oh why though does he not learn how to cross the ball when he does get into advanced positions? Time after time when we were attacking, he got the ball in space around 20 yards out on the right, but refused to play the ball in?

If it’s because he knows he is no good at it, then spend time in training perfecting it!!

Gray. He has no end product I’m sorry to say, and people need to crawl out of his arse.

He’s started to try and cross the ball, and play people in, (which is better than always cutting inside and shooting from 20 yards, like he used to), however he rarely actually produces anything. His crossing and passing is poor. 

General issues:

Our set pieces today were woeful. I can’t honestly remember any getting past the first man, whether that be corners or free kicks. Any team having 10 corners against us in a game would probably score from 3 of them right now, and yet we can’t deliver the ball into a dangerous area.

As others have said, the team selection today just didn’t add up. Silva, who has shown in his few appearances so far that he has an eye for a pass, didn’t get a sniff of a game, even though he didn’t feature last weekend? Surely it can’t be a fitness issue now.

James is our new “king” in that he’s a solid back up player, but when we have Iborra and Silva available, he shouldn’t be starting I’m afraid.

We are clearly missing Okazaki, but Gray just doesn’t complement Vardy at all. For all the stick Iheanacho gets, he seems a better choice as a link up player with Vardy.

I hate to say it, but if we are in with a shout of being “best of the rest”, it’s only the case at the minute because the rest are equally just as bad.

I believe Everton have taken 9 points from the last 10 games, and Burnley haven’t won in 10 games, and yet we still can’t break away from them.

Says it all currently.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Said it from the start and I'll say it again, Puel was a very bad choice to make as a manager. when people asked the Southampton fans what they thought of him after he was made manager here they said all the things that we saw out there today. Bad team selection, bad tactics  ( like watching a windscreen wiper ) back and forth with no idea how to go forward, And substitutes coming on far too late. He has reverted to type and needs replacing at the end of the season. Even the players don't seem to know what they are supposed to be doing. I still can't believe how the hell he got the job in the first place.

Yes it seems that way.

I was one who was underwhelmed  at his appointment.

After the usual 6 game new manager bounce maybe the ? have come home to roost.

Totally clueless performances now born from clueless selections and downright poor management. 

Mahrez benched for half a game for going on strike, and Wes and Simmo being brought back in when their replacements have done very well are other matters which don’t engender a good or fair team ethic I would have thought.

How many times did Simpson pass backwards. He’s not up to a passing game, so why select him when it’s only going to slow down our passages of play. Same comments apply re: Wes. 

Vardy one of the PL’s best strikers, was given no service whatsoever which is an absolute travesty. The whole game plan should revolve around getting the ball to him in decent positions. Him on his own up front, at home against relegation threatened side is a joke.

Silva: we need creativity from the midfield. That was never going to come from the two defensively minded pairing we played, but to not play him at all, is very odd. 

People saying Puel should be allowed to bring in his own players.

Why on earth should that happen when he’s proving not to be up to the task?

As someone said to me yesterday; the sum of

the team is less than its collective parts. 

That is very true at the moment which can only mean the manager is not doing his job properly.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

Melt down on here finished yet, has Puel been sacked have most of yesterdays team played their last games for the club. Are we still struggling to reach 7th in the premier league. Sadly for my sins missed 1st half and heard score after 60 mins so watched the game speeded up. Not great, not great at all but not sure how the media had Stoke as being unlucky they seemed to have a game plan to stink the place out and steal a point. No problems in giving away niggly fouls or putting a foot in a little late, very cynical very physical and were very lucky to finish the game with 11 players on the pitch. An early goal or one of the near misses goes in and we win quite comfortably. People scream at Puel to play Gray he does then he gets slagged off. He has brought in 1 player at a cost of a massive £2 million yet some see him as a failure, He has had to move on a fair few and at least deserves the chance to shape his own starting 11. Being best of the rest is a major achievement from where we have come in such a short space of time. At least give him a little time to see the players in action and try a few things. Some of the comments yesterday were painful

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Melt down on here finished yet, has Puel been sacked have most of yesterdays team played their last games for the club. Are we still struggling to reach 7th in the premier league. Sadly for my sins missed 1st half and heard score after 60 mins so watched the game speeded up. Not great, not great at all but not sure how the media had Stoke as being unlucky they seemed to have a game plan to stink the place out and steal a point. No problems in giving away niggly fouls or putting a foot in a little late, very cynical very physical and were very lucky to finish the game with 11 players on the pitch. An early goal or one of the near misses goes in and we win quite comfortably. People scream at Puel to play Gray he does then he gets slagged off. He has brought in 1 player at a cost of a massive £2 million yet some see him as a failure, He has had to move on a fair few and at least deserves the chance to shape his own starting 11. Being best of the rest is a major achievement from where we have come in such a short space of time. At least give him a little time to see the players in action and try a few things. Some of the comments yesterday were painful

And if my Auntie had boll**ks, she'd have been my Uncle. Time, how much time does he want? Most of that 11 won the premier league in 2015/16, did he need more confirmation of their styles and abilities than that? He is trying to get a thoroughbred race horse to be a skeggy beach donkey. Those players were used to play kick and rush, if that style is no longer the order of the day, play players more suited to the glacial, drab shite he prefers.

Edited by Colourmy
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, peach0000 said:

It seems very popular for people to scapegoat james regardless. I actually thought he played well today compared to the likes of gray. Mahrez needs to be taken off set pieces as well, he wastes pretty much everyone of them. 

James played well?  What game were you watching he was shite.  Too slow, ponderous and blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes.  He is never a premier league midfielder.  Morgan comes back into the side and we start playing hoofball.  Chilwell when will he learn you never pass inside as a fullback the amount of times he did it second half and passed to Shaquiri.  Gray is a bloody waste of space and never a number 10.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Puel seemingly got lucky with the Morgan and Simpson injuries as that allowed us to build properly gain more possession and see an upturn in form. It doesn’t look like he’s strong enough to make the required changes at the back through choice though.

If that's the case then of him being a pussy, the fact that we started to adapt to his plans, the injuries should have been his excuse to keep them out forever without upsetting the masses.

8 hours ago, Bunyip said:

We are only in eighth place because those below us are even worse, It's not a testament to his managerial brilliance, and if we keep playing like we are at the present even eighth looks ambitious. I just don't see how anyone can defend that team selection today.

I can,and I do....!!  Milord..

I would endeavour further,any Team you may select would also have other Peoples doubts,

and lead to negative Point gathering, so my conclusion, is codswallop... on all Points..Milord

12 minutes ago, Colourmy said:

And if my Auntie had boll**ks, she'd have been my Uncle. Time, how much time does he want? Most of that 11 won the premier league in 2015/16, did he need more confirmation of their styles and abilities than that? He is trying to get a thoroughbred race horse to be a skeggy beach donkey. Those players were used to play kick and rush, if that style is no longer the order of the day, play players more suited to the glacial, drab shite he prefers.

So what, you think we are in a worse place than 12 months ago when our greatest ever manager could not turn things around nor could his assistant. We have every chance of finishing 7th/8th and can still progress in the cup. Not sure how long you have followed the Foxes for but imagine most would think that this is far better than normal. As for time needed at least give him the chance to bring in his own players and move on those felt not suited to our style. 4 managers a year is hardly going to help attract top Managers, players or coaches

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Really? do you enjoy the slow side to side alleged build-up play? So readable to the opposition. Of course, it's his tactics, since when have we played like that before he took over? Those same boring negative tactics that got him the sack from Southampton.

Boringggggg

44 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Shocking team selection yesterday, you don't play one up front against Stoke.

This all day long . They came here to defend and defend deep and hopefully get a point .We started at home with two defensive minded  mids and one up front . Plus Albrighton who is one of our more defensive wingers and they just sat back waiting for us to try and break them down. 

How were we ever going to do that with only one real creative player on the pitch and one up front . I like Puel and what he’s trying to do but he got it totally wrong yesterday and thats probably the first time I’ve really thought it . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, katieakita said:

So what, you think we are in a worse place than 12 months ago when our greatest ever manager could not turn things around nor could his assistant. We have every chance of finishing 7th/8th and can still progress in the cup. Not sure how long you have followed the Foxes for but imagine most would think that this is far better than normal. As for time needed at least give him the chance to bring in his own players and move on those felt not suited to our style. 4 managers a year is hardly going to help attract top Managers, players or coaches

Since 1979. He won't get that time unfortunately until someone breaks up the clique that seems to have the power to insist Matty James gets in above two far better options!

4 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Absolutely spot on’ Elvis Hammond, Collins John, Patrick Gerrbrand, Hungarians,Pressley (not Elvis) De Vries, Benjamin, Hendrix ( one of our worst) these are better days my friend, better days indeed

Late posting here but very disappointing yesterday. 

Chilwell, usually a fan but he was a worst player yesterday, awful. Not ready to take over from Fuchs

Schmeichel & rest of the defence so shaky & nervous in possession. 

James, Championship average.

Mahrez, not at it.

Diabate, again promising when he came on.

Recommendation for next time. Fuchs at LB, Iborra & Silva in a 3 with Ndidi, Diabate starting ahead of Gray

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Absolutely spot on’ Elvis Hammond, Collins John, Patrick Gerrbrand, Hungarians,Pressley (not Elvis) De Vries, Benjamin, Hendrix ( one of our worst) these are better days my friend, better days indeed

Yes but during the time of those names, we were invariably dogshite, so we had fewer expectations. We were never talking about securing 7th place and ideas on Europe. Completely different scenarios I'm afraid. 

5 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Late posting here but very disappointing yesterday. 

Chilwell, usually a fan but he was a worst player yesterday, awful. Not ready to take over from Fuchs

Schmeichel & rest of the defence so shaky & nervous in possession. 

James, Championship average.

Mahrez, not at it.

Diabate, again promising when he came on.

Recommendation for next time. Fuchs at LB, Iborra & Silva in a 3 with Ndidi, Diabate starting ahead of Gray

How Schmeichel is not being jostled for the starting spot is as equally perturbing as the rest of the mind-boggling absurdities of late.

• Like 1