Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Stoke post match 1-1

Just now, chicagofox said:

No he isn’t.

But perhaps some were all too quick to dismiss the Southampton fans who had a problem with him.

Poor/late substitutions, dropping players who played well i.e drago today and some of the football has been horrendous. 

I'm not convinced by him at all

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Silly Last comment..

This Team should of played better,and won this Game.

Ndidi,Morgan too slow on the Ball.

Easy to carry on the campaigne against James,but Ndidi's Touch and Control has

Deserted him,but I wont go Into hack-off Mode, he is not having a good 2018.

I dont think our crosses are always,poor but we dont have anybody attacking or

commited to those Corners or crosses.

ITS a shame and baffling but for a Period before Xmas, Maguire would always take Up the far Post,

we seem to of dropped,the idea.

I would prefer,to see James and Ndidi,to Hang outside the Penalty area in Set pieces.

We Seen again today,Morgan  in Basic defending,was Tops,but we are top slow,

or precise when moving Out of defence,Simpson is often left alone,that His only

Choice is, hoof ,or to Morgan,who is covered.The left Side we see more space,to

move the Ball quicker. The right hand Side,we are hugging the Touchline too much.

James isnt,as  Bad as some posters will have.

I do want to see more,of Silva and Iborra,with a 3 man midfield,presently Ndidi is

Not IMO Automatic choice,but with the Iborra and Silva Next to him,He and the

Team would perform then better.

Today we can Blame our poor midfield choices at that Moment,for the Goal,but 

we Drew because our early game and later in the game,we were not clinical

enough in the last 3rd,Gray today again was below avg.Mahrez could should of

Won it.  Service or openings for Vardy was poor.

Gray is still developing, and has alot of Potential,He will Not be a Wizz kid,but He

still will be a good Player. He needs also bench time,Diabete will also need time

and patience.

Nacho should IMO be playing,Puel today rightly said,"Not enough players in the

Dangerous areas in the Penalty Box"   .Nacho is a Box man,get him in.

I wont this season,get on any soap-box and cry  out on selection,but I do have now

because of Last 5 Games ,my preferences.

Simpson/Drago/Maguire/Chilwell

Silva/Iborra/Ndidi 

Mahrez/Nacho/Vardy.

In a 4-3-3

or Go for Albrighton instead of Simpson,then 3 at the back,with Iborra in front of the defence.

Gray got criticised, for being too greedy,today I only wish He had been greedy,and took on

the runs.

Lost me there

9 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Yes we did. And without it we would have lost

Hitting the woodwork twice was unlucky. CP sums it up...

Leicester boss Claude Puel: "Their goalkeeper made some good saves, but we also conceded chances.

“I thought we started well, with intensity, but it became too slow to find space.

It was better second half, but without a clinical edge or a little luck to find a winning goal.”

Collectively not good enough today, kept giving the ball away cheaply (their goal a good example) and from the 5th minute till about the 75th we didn't cause Stoke any problems in front of goal at all. I know on another day we would have won today but overall the performance was awful, no idea why all the Stoke fans were happy at the end, they should have battered us. Of course, the players are partly to blame, but for me, Puel has cost us 2 points today. I don't mind James but when we have players on the bench such as Silva and Iborra it doesn't make much sense why he's constantly getting picked. Iborra's last Premier League start was against Liverpool in the last game of 2017, we've only won twice since, that's no coincidence. The lineup was totally wrong for me today, Dragovic should have played for Morgan, Fuchs should've played, Silva or Iborra should have played for James and I have no idea why we only played one orthodox striker against second bottom Stoke at home. Puel was known for making strange decisions with his starting XI's at Southampton so let's hope he can change his ways. 

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Leicester boss Claude Puel: "Their goalkeeper made some good saves, but we also conceded chances.

“I thought we started well, with intensity, but it became too slow to find space.

It was better second half, but without a clinical edge or a little luck to find a winning goal.”

Hmmmm not sure about that

18 minutes ago, FIF said:

Mahrez had control of the game here are his stats:

Mahrez vs Stoke.

98 touches – most on the pitch

8.3% possession – second to Albrighton (Gray 2.9%, Vardy 1.6%)

6 shots – nobody else on the pitch took more than 3

70% - passing – one of the worst (even Gray had 80%, Vardy 83%, James top with 87%)

total passes 53 - 5th highest, Ndidi top with 64

accurate passes 37 – chilwell had 41, Maguire top 46

key passes 1 – Vardy top with 3, Chilwell 2

Dribbles attempted 5 – top

Dribble success 60% - bottom

dribbled past 2 – second worst

Aerials won 1 – Ndidi top with 9

Aerial won percentage 17% - Morgan top 86%, Diabaté 67%

Tackle success 50% - Chilwell, Vardy, Maguire 100%

Corners 9 – Albrighton next highest with 4

Corner accuracy 44% - I guess those were the short ones to Albrighton

Dispossessed 4 – no other Leicester player more than 1

It's nothing to do with me hating on Mahrez, it's that he isn't living upto the hype to many on the board have put on him.

I want him to assist and score. I want us to win.

This game he was miserable and we threw away 2 points to one of the worst teams in the league.

Wow! that's just pathetic! choosing the stats that you want to show? ok!

let's see: 

1-seeing that you like to rumble about passing stats and your fanboy'ing over Gray, Gray attempted 20 compaired to riyad's 53 but you won't mention that, would you?

2- Both Maguire and Chilwell attempted more passes than Riyad, and riyad was actauly more accurate than ben.

3- As with the "key passes", riyad's 1 key pass was a cross for james that almost went in

4- Both mahrez and vardy won 1 aerial duel, and your boy had non!

5-You brought up the 50% tackle success rate but not the fact that Mahrez had more tackles than Vardy, Gray, Chilwell, Wes and Simmo.

lollollol Talk about twisting stats to your liking. i'm the biggest riyad "fanboy" there is but even i said that he had a bad game. what does that say about your drooling over gray?

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I don’t consider hitting the post to be bad luck.

54 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Please tell me you're joking. If not, this performance is going to be the norm.

I'm not, mate. Like I've said, I barely get any insider info but this is 100%. James and Wilf are their starting two. Silva hasn't impressed whatsoever, whether it's a sharpness issue or not, I don't know.

Let’s have a bit of a reality check lads and lasses, we are prob safe and still in the cup and playing teams fighting for their premiership lives. Just look at the other scores. If we were in stokes position would we expect or more demand a point today. It’s not our Devine right to win premier league matches any players not at their best in this league and you will rarely win. 

23 minutes ago, stevelcfc said:

James is a shit version of King. Chilwell is abysmal, Gray tries too hard and lacks quality. Far too reliant on Riyad to produce.

We are seriously poor.

No we are Not poor.We are inconsistent,and blow hot and Cold..

Vardy poor..???

James wasnt Bad today,but would prefer Iborra/Silva or both.

Gray is struggling at the Moment,but thats Football.

He does however,need to make sure he starts to use his chances,when selected.

We still have stupid mistakes in our locker,and frustrating Moments,without converting,

in Attack...Strangely its often our 2 top players....Ndidi and Mahrez.

We have this 2018 Part of the season,presented because of howlers the Opposition goals.

We have created great Space then chances,but waste the openings,sometimes not even

Finishing in clear shots.  We are below expectation,but far from turgid,and lacking, Like

Last season,and the beginning of this....

Edited by fuchsntf

Puel doesn't know his best team he is proving that time and time again also we badly miss Okazaki. Also do people think that certain players have a say in who plays and who doesn't hence the reason for recalling Morgan we need a big clearout this summer get rid of the old gguar but will Puel be trusted to bring in the required players

Chilwell, Morgan, Gray and James must look fantastic in training. I can’t explain how they keep getting in. 

Not all down to the team selection as some individual performances were poor. Kasper’s distribution in the second half was awful again. 

We we seem to have sacrificed all speed and urgency in our play in order to play possession football. Even after we equalised the momentum disappeared very quickly. 

Wilf wins the ball and Matty James is combative but there is absolutely no drive in the centre of midfield to bring the ball forward. 

Going to give Stoke some credit, they could easily have took three points. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Given that (accurate) assessment of him, when is he ever the right call?

I think James is a good backup and better than King. He has had some good performances this season such as Chelsea away. But considering we have the former captains of Sporting and Sevilla who can also play the position he’s not done enough to keep them out. I think after Chelsea he deserved a run but now someone else should take his place. 

I’m a fan of Silva but he’s not yet had a full 90 yet alone a run in the team. Iborra has been below par recently but I’d say that he has had some MOTM performances this season, unlike James. He is good at recycling the ball and playing the pivot role. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Let's all blame the likes of Morgan, Chilwell and James for "not being good enough".

If anyone's to blame then it's our wingers and our striker. Mahrez, Gray, Albrighton and Vardy were diabolical today, giving the ball away, putting in terrible crosses, not creating enough. 

It was the same against Sheffield United, the same against Swansea, we get the ball in good areas yet our final ball always lets us down, our attacking play has been so wasteful recently and it's starting to become a major problem.

We are too reliant on Vardy, we are too reliant on Mahrez, Gray has done fvck all recently, Diabate has promise but right now he's not fully ready, Albrighton will give 100% but his crossing especially today was shocking at times, Iheanacho only scores in cup games.

We miss Shinji and I still don't get why we let both of our target men leave.